Sunday morning, football time--er, nevermind.

Costanza

I'm out there, baby!!!
Reaction score
I woke up thinking there was football today.

I literally ran to the TV to make sure I DVR'd it.

WTF?

/withdrawals

:(

:LOL:

I would say we need a hobby, but I guess this place works as such lol.

Of course, Mr. PFL would say, "Not only after football season ends, hon."

I guess I'm like that on a pretty regular basis. :shrug:

I can't even think about what it was like before NFLN & my having internet. I mean I have vague and horrific memories of when I was in HS of how the draft was on a weekday and it used to piss me off so bad that I was in school then and missed it. The horrors!

I can't even think about what it was like before NFLN & my having internet. I mean I have vague and horrific memories of when I was in HS of how the draft was on a weekday and it used to piss me off so bad that I was in school then and missed it. The horrors!

My dad used to let me skip school for the draft. Too bad I can't use it as an excuse to skip work.
Posted via Mobile Device

It was even worse pre cable tv and pre ESPN.
LOL so true. Just about all you ever got to watch was the Browns and the Cowboys who always seemed to be on at 4 pm (imagine that??) here in Cleveland.
My mom had cable the microsecond it came out, she is a tv junkie. So I got to see Berman when he had hair and did Sportscenter.

I hate the offseason. I miss the shit out of football. At least march madness will keep me occupied for a few weeks.
Posted via Mobile Device

LOL so true. Just about all you ever got to watch was the Browns and the Cowboys who always seemed to be on at 4 pm (imagine that??) here in Cleveland.
My mom had cable the microsecond it came out, she is a tv junkie. So I got to see Berman when he had hair and did Sportscenter.

You live in Cleveland? You poor thing.

;)

PFL-
LOL tell me! :D
I joked in another thread that I live in CLEVELAND and even I think Gary IN is a shithole. So it's a shithole!
I would love to move to Tenn someday. Nice log cabin in the mountains.

PFL-
LOL tell me! :D
I joked in another thread that I live in CLEVELAND and even I think Gary IN is a shithole. So it's a shithole!
I would love to move to Tenn someday. Nice log cabin in the mountains.

I love Tenn. too, HS. One of my favorite places, but too far from the coast for me.

So I went to Cleveland a couple of years ago to pick up a bike I bought from a collector. Pulled right up into downtown Cleveland and saw a gazillion people walking around by the stadium. Asked what was going on, it was late August and a Saturday, so I knew there wasn't a preseason game. They said country music festival.

So we scored some tickets and went. And the following happened:

The friggin drainage system in the stadium backed up and overflowed, into the aisles, onto the field, out into the streets. It was disgusting. I heard the next day that it went into the locker rooms, too.

And thus the theory that people proclaim Cleveland a sh*thole.

ROFL

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame was pretty awesome, though.

View attachment 80599

Cool pic!
Yeah I hear you. Closest coast is a far piece.
Don't forget one of our rivers caught on fire too...lol
Cleveland was even in default at one point. First major American city since the depression to do that.
The new stadium did that? Ye gods. I mean Muni? I would get...that was a wet drippy ancient craphole. They should have renamed it Rosey O'Donnell's vag.

I woke up thinking there was football today.

I literally ran to the TV to make sure I DVR'd it.

WTF?

/withdrawals

:(

wow, same here.

I woke up at 2 pm and started freaking out that I'd inevitably missed the beginning of a Colts game (I didn't have a team in mind as their opponent, however).

I guess it's good that I didn't in fact miss anything, but I'd take a missed 1st quarter over no football at all.

Back