Swimming in shark infested water with a mesh bag full of chum.

BostonTim

IIWII
Reaction score
It's truly sad that the "Leave it to Beaver America" I grew up in is long gone (if it were ever more than myth). But everywhere danger lurks.

What happened here is unforgivable. And one of the new PC cliches of course is don't blame the victim.

But had the victim opted for a Forest Gump Happy Face T, would be lying in IC, hooked up to life support, on the verge of death???

Too Bad.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6...-lot-oakland-raiders-san-francisco-49ers-game
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man wearing a shirt slamming the San Francisco 49ers was seriously wounded as gunfire erupted in the parking lot after the team's NFL preseason game, while another man sustained lesser injuries in an earlier shooting, police said.

The violence occurred after the 49ers' 17-3 victory Saturday night over the Oakland Raiders at Candlestick Park, police Sgt. Michael Andraychak said.
A 24-year-old man was treated at San Francisco General Hospital for life-threatening injuries, and a 20-year-old man was hospitalized with less serious wounds, Andraychack told The Associated Press.

A 24-year-old man was treated at San Francisco General Hospital for life-
threatening injuries, and a 20-year-old man was hospitalized with less serious wounds, police said. Their names were not released.
Their names were not released.

The violence comes months after a San Francisco Giants fan was severely beaten by two men in Los Angeles Dodgers gear outside Dodger Stadium after the teams' season opener March 31. Two suspects have been charged in the case.

Police Sgt. Frank Harrell said that in Saturday's attack the 24-year-old man, who was wearing a T-shirt referring to the 49ers with an obscenity, was shot two to four times in the stomach, according to reports in the Oakland Tribune and the San Francisco Chronicle. He drove his truck to a gate and stumbled to security, Harrell said.

Cheers, BostonTim

But had the victim opted for a Forest Gump Happy Face T, would be lying in IC, hooked up to life support, on the verge of death???
As Niven and Pournelle wrote in Oath of Fealty: "Think of it as evolution in action."

Why do people even carry guns to a football game? Or were these 'people' just lying-in-wait for a 49er fan to shoot him, and didn't attend the game at all?

Pretty soon security will be like border patrol, tearing vehicles apart for contraband. :banghead::confused:

It truly is disturbing what society has become. I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL in the next few years has all stadiums put fencing up, like they do in the UK to keep soccer hooligans from getting onto the field.

The strange thing about this, and the incident at Dodgers stadium earlier this year, is that these both happened in LA and SF, where the fans are supposed top be laid back and mellow.

If this had happened in Philly, would we be as shocked?

Oakland is kind of considered thug central and a shooting could be considered self defense or urban renewal.

Do you think California can handle another NFL franchise? Or do they need to have "A free Glock for every season ticket purchased" promotion?

The strange thing about this, and the incident at Dodgers stadium earlier this year, is that these both happened in LA and SF, where the fans are supposed top be laid back and mellow.

I'm shocked it would happen anywhere. As angry and upset as I can get over football games, I can't imagine shooting someone. I'd key their car, but shoot 'em...no. :)

Just saw an article that appears to say the suspect was a Raider fan, who was pulled off a tour bus by the cops... If so, it was probably gang-related, and not football-related.

Thanks CM. Hope U R right. I would be happy to learn that the Mo-Ron was shot because he was a member of the wrong gang, not a fan of the wrong team. :toast:

Cheers, BostonTim

I captured a picture from the opening series between the Dodgers and Giants. This plane was flying back and forth over Dodger Stadium. I think this was one or two days after the beating, and I still have to wonder... was this really a good idea? :confused:

Sucks to be a fan of San Francisco anything.............

If it had happened in Philly, the shooting victim would have been Santa Claus.

The only thing that surprises me is that I'd think you're more likely to be shot by a Raiders fan than a Niners fan.

Back