Taylor Price Waived

I've always thought it strange that we haven't been able to hit on the FA market for one or two decent receivers. Given the QB and the opportunity you would think they would just migrate here. We may be being victimized by the complexity of the system. They may all be ascared,

Cheers, BostonTim

I've always thought it strange that we haven't been able to hit on the FA market for one or two decent receivers. Given the QB and the opportunity you would think they would just migrate here. We may be being victimized by the complexity of the system. They may all be ascared,

Yeah, and some of the them also may be concerned that BB & TB won't coddle them enough.

On NFL radio (I think), I remember hearing both Chris Carter and Herm Edwards talk about how the diva WRs are a different breed from other football players. They were talking about how as a coach, you don't really want to have an open door policy with the WRs. It was pretty funny as they talked about the typically conversation between the coach and the WR.

WR: I need to talk to you.
Coach: About what?
WR: I need the ball more.
Coach: Why do you need the ball more.
WR: It's effecting my money.
Coach: OK, is there any thing else you want to talk about?
WR: Yes
Coach: What else?
WR: Me.

ROFL

Reports are out that Price's locker is still intact and has an iPod charging in it. PS?

The Jaguars claimed Price off waivers.

Whew! Close one. I feared he'd be signed again and we'd be going through all this crap again. +the Pats save the balance of his salary and that 50K may come in handy some day.

Yeah, and some of the them also may be concerned that BB & TB won't coddle them enough.

On NFL radio (I think), I remember hearing both Chris Carter and Herm Edwards talk about how the diva WRs are a different breed from other football players. They were talking about how as a coach, you don't really want to have an open door policy with the WRs. It was pretty funny as they talked about the typically conversation between the coach and the WR.

WR: I need to talk to you.
Coach: About what?
WR: I need the ball more.
Coach: Why do you need the ball more.
WR: It's effecting my money.
Coach: OK, is there any thing else you want to talk about?
WR: Yes
Coach: What else?
WR: Me.

ROFL

Hilarious! That's kinda why I used the word competent. We don't need or want Diva's.

Oh. well.

Cheers

Whew! Close one. I feared he'd be signed again and we'd be going through all this crap again. +the Pats save the balance of his salary and that 50K may come in handy some day.

Like, tomorrow. When the DL sits down for lunch.

Yeah, Kraft can now put on a nice Christmas party for Brady's kids

Price is not a vested veteran so his salary was not guaranteed anyway.

Maybe he will find some success there like another former Patriots, Jeremy Mincey.

Let me be the first to say that it's appropriate since Price was a JAG anyway.

Also, I'm not so sure that Price wasn't drafted with a pick the Pats acquired from Jacksonville anyway.

Are you kidding? I would have loved for him to have been a Jag, he was Jan...just a nothing.

Reportedly, Tampa Bay, the Dolphins and the J E T S Jets also put in claims on Taylor Price. (Rex still has Patriots envy)

The Jets would have been a good landing spot for him. Most of the Pats complex pre and post snap read adjustments come on their deep and intermediate drop back passing game which is where I believe Price was having the most difficulty.

The Jets are pretty much all play-action and quick passing game which do require an ability to read and react to coverage but not to the extent the 5 and 7 step drop stuff does. Price had success in his limited time here in the quick game. He could have filled a role for the Jets IMO. I'd rather he be in Jax just in case.

Back