Taylor Price Waived

TheBostonJay

Likes gifs.
Reaction score
Per Bedard via Twitter

Patriots have waived WR Taylor Price and signed C Nick McDonald according to source with access to league wire

I shouldn't laugh at that but.. Good kid. Change of scenery could do him good "@joemfb: This is the week Price breaks out!"

Really don't know. Im sure health was a big issue. Never earned Brady's trust for whatever reason RT @SirGillz: why was he released

I read in PFW he had trouble with the playbook. That and injuries did him in, I guess...too bad :(

I read in PFW he had trouble with the playbook. That and injuries did him in, I guess...too bad :(

I know of someone else that has trouble with the playbook as well and he's not having sex because of it :rolleyes:

Never saw that coming. I wonder if he will go unclaimed and the Patriots might be able to sign him to the practice squad. I doubt it.

I'm not shocked. I was surprised when Tiquan Underwood was playing ahead of him last week. Then O'Brien had this to say after the game about Price:
"I just think, with all those guys at that position, it's how you practice, how you study, the opponent and our game plan, then being able to go out on the practice field and do it consistently every day," said O'Brien. "I think all those guys try to do that and try to be consistent and that’s why it’s been a pretty good position for us this year. Taylor is trying to fit into that position and he’s working at it and hopefully he’ll get there."
When I first read that last week, I thought, "Price has been here almost two years and still hasn't learned how to practice consistently in the eyes of the coaching staff?" Taking both of these pieces together, I guess I understand. But it's still disappointing to have wasted a roster spot on him for two years. I was expecting big things after that Miami game last year.

And Brady had this to say about Underwood so you kinda got the feeling that Price's days were numbered.
"Ti, he was on our team late in the preseason, really picked up our offense very quickly, and he's just always been on the radar for our scouting department,” Brady said. "We had an opportunity to bring him back and we did. He's proven that he's very dependable in practice. I was bummed for him last night, because I know how badly he wanted to make that play. But he'll have other opportunities. He's a good young player that really works hard. He deserves an opportunity, and he got one yesterday. I know he wishes that we would have executed better. But that's part of football."

And Brady had this to say about Underwood so you kinda got the feeling that Price's days were numbered.

yeah at least he was in the right place at the right time. I hope he does get some more chances and shines. After a few catches his confidence will help those hands.

I wonder if the Jets will put in a waiver claim for Price. Al Davis

I wonder if the Jets will put in a waiver claim for Price. Al Davis

That offense would be easier to learn... All he really would need to know is, "Determine the distance to the First Down Marker, and run one yard short of that distance, and try to avoid running into the other recievers if you can, but if not don't sweat it..."

:coffee:

I'm guessing this is more about Underwood's ability. But it also probably says Price just wasn't getting it. You'd think the 4th or 5th WR would practice and study hard but he never showed up on practice player of the week. Too bad. I thought he showed some speed and quickness.

Never saw this coming but did wonder why he couldn't get on the field when Underwood did.

I've lost count of the amount of WRs that have been drafted in the top rounds and haven't contributed diddly squat.

Back