Taylor Price Waived

Anyone think/hope DeSean Jackson wears the Flying Elvis next year?

I thought of that at the opening of the Philie game.

Then he had a anti-highlight film against us.

Still, he brings a true legitimate deep threat. Big play ability. Stretch the field on every down. He'd possibly relieve Edelman of PR. There's alot to consider. And maybe his down season in a contract year keeps him in range.:shrug:

Not me. He's all about the $$.

Price's waiver is over at 4pm today. If he clears, it will be interesting if the Pats have any interest in resigning him. Personally, I don't think so. BB purged the bad actors earlier in the year and reports indicate Price didn't practice hard.

So is Mankins (apparently). I think BB could turn Jackson around before he goes totally TO. Having Tom Brady throwing to you has to be better than waiting on VY to see you :cool:

I don't know what he's asking for $$-wise, though...$10M/year?

So is Mankins (apparently). I think BB could turn Jackson around before he goes totally TO. Having Tom Brady throwing to you has to be better than waiting on VY to see you :cool:

I don't know what he's asking for $$-wise, though...$10M/year?

He may have been asking. But this years performance in no way has earned that rate.

I read

as Bethel in a very good category and Edelman as in an abominable category.:shrug:

And I replied

They were listed chronologically.

Bethel was drafted in the same grouping time as the other good ones and he was instrumental in NE winning the 2003 SB. Edelman wasn't selected until long after the bad phase began and isn't such a talent that he warrants his own category.

Welker has said his numbers are due in large part to TB, and I believe he is less about the money, as long as he's given the opportunity to contribute on the field. He's making just over $2M now, I think NE can keep him by offering $4M for 2-3 years.

NE needs receiving threats beyond 10-15 yards, and with the hits Welker draws, he may not have 2 years left in him, despite his toughness.

Welker has said his numbers are due in large part to TB, and I believe he is less about the money, as long as he's given the opportunity to contribute on the field. He's making just over $2M now, I think NE can keep him by offering $4M for 2-3 years.

NE needs receiving threats beyond 10-15 yards, and with the hits Welker draws, he may not have 2 years left in him, despite his toughness.

Welker's never really had the payday though.

He may be thinking about his own future.

And they'll be teams out there with alot of interest.

Think what Houston could be like with Schaubb a high percentage guy like Brady and that D/running game/Andre Johnson/TE.

Wes would be a VERY solid addition there.

So the legend of Taylor Price, finally comes to an end. I never saw why people were hyping this guy so much. BB has played undrafted rookie free agents more than this guy. Like I said before, if he was so good, he would have gotten on the field.

So the legend of Taylor Price, finally comes to an end. I never saw why people were hyping this guy so much. BB has played undrafted rookie free agents more than this guy. Like I said before, if he was so good, he would have gotten on the field.

I was duped.

I looked at his limited plays and the sightings I'd get at TC and see a second coming of Givens, with a little more explosiveness. He just caught the ball in his hands a similar way, snatching it out of the air with authority.

Too bad.

Another flame out pick.....

$2M is his base salary, yes. But his current contract averages $3.6M/year. It will take more than $4M/year. A lot more I think.

I was duped.

I looked at his limited plays and the sightings I'd get at TC and see a second coming of Givens, with a little more explosiveness. He just caught the ball in his hands a similar way, snatching it out of the air with authority.

Too bad.

As was I. His physical ability leaped off the screen the two times he got enough minutes to present anything.

I was duped.

Too bad.

As was I. His physical ability leaped off the screen the two times he got enough minutes to present anything.

Count me in, too. I wish BB were more forthcoming with decisions like these. I'd love to know the real story behind it.

Anyone think/hope DeSean Jackson wears the Flying Elvis next year?

Hell to the NO!! Dude is fast approaching the upper echelon of douchebaggery in the NFL.

Back