Taylor Price Waived

Moss is getting ready to return!!!!!

Who threw the tomato

No worries. dchester gave up his body to catch it.

===========================

NEPatriotsDraft's top 20 WRs this year

1. Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State
2. Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
3. Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina
4. Mohammed Sanu, WR, Rutgers
5. Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor
6. Dwight Jones, WR, North Carolina
7. Nick Toon, WR, Wisconsin
8. Jarius Wright, WR, Arkansas
9. Juron Criner, WR, Arizona
10. Marvin McNutt, WR, Iowa
11. Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma
12. Joe Adams, WR, Arkansas
13. Brian Quick, WR, Appalachian State
14. A.J. Jenkins, WR, Illinois
15. T.Y. Hilton, WR, FIU
16. Reuben Randle, WR, LSU
17. Jeff Fuller, WR, Texas A&M
18. Chris Owusu, WR, Stanford
19. Chris Givens, WR, Wake Forest
20t. Tommy Streeter, WR, Miami
http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012-wr-rankings/

I'm thinking Kendall Wright in the 2nd or an Arkansas kid, either Jarius Wright or Adams. At this point, nothing would surprise me.

Many reporters are saying Price was released because the injury bug hit the OL so badly. As last guy on the totem pole, he was let loose. Jeff Howe thinks he may be resigned if he clears waivers but Jeff is the only reporter who thinks that so far.

The release of Price may have been inevitable, but it was necessitated this weekend because of a rash of injuries to New England’s offensive line. Already down to their third starting center of the season, the Patriots needed an immediate backup to Ryan Wendell (calf), who is QUESTIONABLE for Sunday’s 1 o’clock kickoff against the Colts tomorrow. That’s why practice squad player Nick McDonald has been promoted, as we speculated might happen in yesterday’s practice notebook on the blog.
If Wendell can’t go and previous starter Dan Connolly (who was already filling in for the injured Dan Koppen) is unavailable tomorrow (groin injury, QUESTIONABLE), McDonald could find himself snapping to Tom Brady. He told us Friday that he has been preparing and is prepared for that opportunity, should the need arise.
New England will also start a rookie at right tackle — either Nate Solder or Marcus Cannon — because regular starter Sebastian Vollmer (back/right foot) has been ruled OUT of the contest as well.
Back to Price … his spot also became expendable, apparently, when veteran Chad Ochocinco, who missed last week’s game at Philly with a hamstring injury, healed enough this week to be listed as PROBABLE. That and the sudden emergence of veteran Tiquan Underwood made Price the odd man out when a roster spot was needed for McDonald.
http://blog.patriots.com/2011/12/03/quick-kicks-price-released-o-line-in-flux/

As Kenny Powers would say, "The Patriots draft wide receivers like a f***in' dickhead."

I'm hoping that too. That in combination with as a loud wakeup call.

Most all Patriots beat reporters think Price will be claimed. Miami is a destination they are citing often. Many, not all, of the reporters don't think Price would be signed to the PS even if he clears waivers. It sounds like the kid just didn't try very hard from start to finish.

No biggie. It's not like Price was any good anyhow.

Please no more draft picks spent on WR's going forward. Find a FA or use picks to get a RFA, ala Wes. Ditto for CB's.

I thought Price would have an impact this yr at some point

Their last three top-of-the-draft WRs have flamed out (4 if you want to add in Bethel) but NE has actually been about average over the course of BB's tenure at the position.

The problem is "average" is split into two hemispheres, very good (Branch/Givens/Bethel) and abominable (Sam/Jackson/Tate/Edelman/Price).

I still wouldn't be too upset if they drafted a WR again. It clearly is a position of need and that run of futility can't go on forever. It's not like their FA acquisitions have been stellar either. About the only thing that seems like a sure thing is a trade (Moss/Welker/Greg Lewis/Branch).

As much as he just clearly didn't grasp the offense, he was also a victim of a few things.
He missed basically the entire post-draft pre-camp time since he couldn't participate since Ohio U didn't graduate until sometime in June. then, he lost this off-season to the lockout.
Obviously, he has still had ample opportunity to grasp the playbook and get on somewhat of the same page with Brady but missing basically 2 seasons worth of OTA's and passing camps with TB12 couldn't have helped.

Their last three top-of-the-draft WRs have flamed out (4 if you want to add in Bethel) but NE has actually been about average over the course of BB's tenure at the position.

The problem is "average" is split into two hemispheres, very good (Branch/Givens/Bethel) and abominable (Sam/Jackson/Tate/Edelman/Price).

I still wouldn't be too upset if they drafted a WR again. It clearly is a position of need and that run of futility can't go on forever. It's not like their FA acquisitions have been stellar either. About the only thing that seems like a sure thing is a trade (Moss/Welker/Greg Lewis/Branch).

The problem is that these 4 WRs were released for the same reason. They couldn't translate their physical gifts into production. The main problem is that it doesn't seem like BB looks at college production when drafting WR. I hope he starts. For me a WR better have at least 18 TDs in college. Even more if he plays in a spread offense. No one hit wonders either. If a supremely gifted WR can't show up to college and dominate, then something must be wrong. Wrong with them. Not the offense or the QB or the coach. With them.

Bethel Johnson 11 TDs 4 yrs
Chad Jackson 16 TDs (One hit wonder) 3 yrs
Brandon Tate 8 TDS 4 yrs
Taylor Price 14 TDs 4 yrs

Deion Branch 18 TDs 2 yrs + 14 Tds 2 yrs JUCO

A WR needs to have a minimal level of production for me to feel confident they can pick up the offense.

This is the one area of Offense where BB has just plain sucked at drafting. Hernedez may be a TE but BB loves spitting him out wide in the WR spot.

Yup. And at this point, thank goodness for Wes Welker. NE's WR position has been a revolving door of fail ever since Branch left town the first time. Thankfully Branch is back and the TEs are dominant, but it's shocking just how many hyped WRs have come and gone in recent years. None of them being able to take on that third spot (which is just being defaulted to Ocho atm) is shocking.

I read in PFW he had trouble with the playbook. That and injuries did him in, I guess...too bad :(

He didn't have a problem with the playbook. According to a buddy of mine who is in the "know", Price was a a-hole and made no effort to get better.

No biggie. It's not like Price was any good anyhow.

Please no more draft picks spent on WR's going forward. Find a FA or use picks to get a RFA, ala Wes. Ditto for CB's.

Swap the 2 bold and I agree.

At this point, stay freakin' clear of WR at any point earlier than Rnd. 3. I'd shoot for a 3rd round target of:

17. Jeff Fuller, WR, Texas A&M
18. Chris Owusu, WR, Stanford

Use the draft ammo on Defense at the top 4 picks and bring in about 4-5 veteran FA's. There's gotta be another Gaffney out there.

Anyone think/hope DeSean Jackson wears the Flying Elvis next year?

Anyone think/hope DeSean Jackson wears the Flying Elvis next year?

Not me. He's all about the $$.

Price's waiver is over at 4pm today. If he clears, it will be interesting if the Pats have any interest in resigning him. Personally, I don't think so. BB purged the bad actors earlier in the year and reports indicate Price didn't practice hard.

Back