TE Marty Bennett Wants To Stay

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
Martellus Bennett hopes to stay with the Patriots

Posted by Mike Florio on January 5, 2017, 10:45 AM EST
630502050-e1483631126540.jpg
Getty ImagesTraded from Chicago to New England with one year left on his contract, well-traveled Patriots tight end Martellus Bennett wants to remain with the team after the season ends.
“I love it here,” Bennett told reporters on Thursday. “We’ll figure it out when it’s time to figure it out, but my family loves it here, I love being a part of this team, this organization, and this city. When it comes around, it comes around. I’m not really tripping, like I said. I save my money pretty good. I’ve got a good, diverse portfolio, so I’m not really tripping right now.”
Bennett entered the NFL with the Cowboys, and he spent a year with the Giants before joining the Bears.
For now, the focal point is to pursue a championship. But that doesn’t mean he’s obsessed with winning a Super Bowl.
“I wouldn’t really say [I’m] craving the ring, I just crave the big game moments and playing in games that matter,” Bennett said. “A lot of times, you don’t really get to do things that matter and I have a chance to do that right now.”
Right now, there’s nothing to do, because the Patriots don’t play this weekend.
t’s the bye week right now so I’m just chilling. I just save my energy, build up as it goes on,” Bennett said. “There’s no reason to have a lot of highs and lows this week, so I’m just trying to have good focus in practice and get better this week, take some time off and see what I can do to contribute and make the team better for the next game. We don’t know who we’re playing, so it’s hard to get excited about ghosts.”
The ghosts will linger until Sunday afternoon. If the Dolphins beat the Steelers, the Patriots will play Miami. If Pittsburgh wins, it’s the winner of Saturday’s Raiders-Texans game. Either way, the Patriots should find it fairly easy to secure a victory in the divisional round and head to the AFC title game for the seventh straight year.
How are Patriots fans still excited when success has become commonplace?
“I mean, I don’t know,” Bennett said. “I like cake a lot and every time I get a new slice, I’m just as happy.”
The cake lasts as long as Tom Brady does. Keeping Bennett around for the duration of Brady’s career amounts to a nice layer of icing.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...triots/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Glad to hear this after he reportedly turned down an earlier offer from the Pats.
(Roberto71 posted this in another thread but I thought it deserved its own thread)

And seems like he won't be asking for a bank busting deal to stay. You get the impression is extra curreicular work is very important, his writing, imagination stuff etc and his family being settled is huge.

And seems like he won't be asking for a bank busting deal to stay. You get the impression is extra curreicular work is very important, his writing, imagination stuff etc and his family being settled is huge.

I don't know that he won't be asking for bank since he was quite happy when Michael signed a rich 3 year extension with Seattle. He also turned down what was reported to be $7M/ from the Pats soon after he was traded to the Pats. Franchise tags for TEs are set at approx $9.1M/year for this year.

We'll see.

Give him some quality guaranteed $ and this guy will learn to love the sight of Pats SB rings on his fingers.

Martellus Bennett hopes to stay with the Patriots

Posted by Mike Florio on January 5, 2017, 10:45 AM EST
630502050-e1483631126540.jpg
Getty ImagesTraded from Chicago to New England with one year left on his contract, well-traveled Patriots tight end Martellus Bennett wants to remain with the team after the season ends.
“I love it here,” Bennett told reporters on Thursday. “We’ll figure it out when it’s time to figure it out, but my family loves it here, I love being a part of this team, this organization, and this city. When it comes around, it comes around. I’m not really tripping, like I said. I save my money pretty good. I’ve got a good, diverse portfolio, so I’m not really tripping right now.”
Bennett entered the NFL with the Cowboys, and he spent a year with the Giants before joining the Bears.
For now, the focal point is to pursue a championship. But that doesn’t mean he’s obsessed with winning a Super Bowl.
“I wouldn’t really say [I’m] craving the ring, I just crave the big game moments and playing in games that matter,” Bennett said. “A lot of times, you don’t really get to do things that matter and I have a chance to do that right now.”
Right now, there’s nothing to do, because the Patriots don’t play this weekend.
t’s the bye week right now so I’m just chilling. I just save my energy, build up as it goes on,” Bennett said. “There’s no reason to have a lot of highs and lows this week, so I’m just trying to have good focus in practice and get better this week, take some time off and see what I can do to contribute and make the team better for the next game. We don’t know who we’re playing, so it’s hard to get excited about ghosts.”
The ghosts will linger until Sunday afternoon. If the Dolphins beat the Steelers, the Patriots will play Miami. If Pittsburgh wins, it’s the winner of Saturday’s Raiders-Texans game. Either way, the Patriots should find it fairly easy to secure a victory in the divisional round and head to the AFC title game for the seventh straight year.
How are Patriots fans still excited when success has become commonplace?
“I mean, I don’t know,” Bennett said. “I like cake a lot and every time I get a new slice, I’m just as happy.”
The cake lasts as long as Tom Brady does. Keeping Bennett around for the duration of Brady’s career amounts to a nice layer of icing.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...triots/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Glad to hear this after he reportedly turned down an earlier offer from the Pats.
(Roberto71 posted this in another thread but I thought it deserved its own thread)

He speaks Belichickian English Syntax quite well. :coffee.

Cheers

Seems smarter than the average free agent. I didn't hear him say 'feed my family' once.

Nice that Marty Bennett wants to stay, but loving the city? Hasn't he heard we're a racist city? :rolleyes:

I'm glad he wants to stay, but it's all about the bucks. If he's not happy with the money, he'll be gone. It's all about the contract and whether he wants to sign on the dotted line. :archive:

Nice that Marty Bennett wants to stay, but loving the city? Hasn't he heard we're a racist city? :rolleyes:

I'm glad he wants to stay, but it's all about the bucks. If he's not happy with the money, he'll be gone. It's all about the contract and whether he wants to sign on the dotted line. :archive:

He's sending a message to the Jets. :coffee:

Oh momma.......that's my kind of breakfast!!

I looked forward to it everyday, (and hopefully, again soon) but I always wondered why no one ever crisped up that beautiful Bacon. :shrug:

This is the Canadian bacon I get from a NH farm

Back