Teh Official Week 4 Pats v Bills Game Day Thread

How can anyone say it was an iffy offensive game plan that did it? It's a 3rd string QB with a dodgy thumb. It wasn't the Offensive gameplan that had Edelman being penalised for false starts, for Gronk getting penalised, for Solder chop blocking, for holds....

And it wasn't the gameplan that called for defensive players lining up in the f**king neutral zone twice and getting called for holds and missing tackles etc

If you compare to the Houston game plan it was night and day. Of course the Bills were ready for the run unlike Houston. Jacoby can't throw the timing passes like Brady or Jimmy which is why Julian and Danny and Hogan were non-existent. Bennett balled unlike Gronk. So there is the difference. That and the horrific STs. It was like a 180 from the Houston game.

If you compare to the Houston game plan it was night and day. Of course the Bills were ready for the run unlike Houston. Jacoby can't throw the timing passes like Brady or Jimmy which is why Julian and Danny and Hogan were non-existent. Bennett balled unlike Gronk. So there is the difference. That and the horrific STs. It was like a 180 from the Houston game.

I'm confused, so what did you want them to do?? If JB can't do the dinky passes and the run was the main option, what did you expect them to do exactly with regards to play calling?

You'd barely recognise Gronk.....very down.

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-02%20at%2022.36.35_zpsvn6flchz.png

On the Postgame show, they're raising this issue of his dad....saying it's strange and they're positing that his dad is saying not to throw to him because of his hammer?

Safe to say that's BS. But it's a funny situation with him, they're just not using him.

This game is the cattle-list for a dominant season for NE going forward.

Thanks, Buffalo :toast: Nutkick

I'm confused, so what did you want them to do?? If JB can't do the dinky passes and the run was the main option, what did you expect them to do exactly with regards to play calling?

Some screens, jet sweeps with Edelman/Amendola, hitch routes, run option. The stuff they did vs Houston but once they got behind they had to throw, throw, throw and were horrific on third down. It is what it is.

I am really not that mad to be honest. We were fortunate to have Jacoby play as well as he did vs Miami and then Houston to get us to 3-0. I just don't blame the D today given the offense did zippo. A big fat egg. Has not happened since the 90's shut out at home. And then the STs that were as awful as they were great last week. Like I said a 180. I don't really know why.

I was hard on the D for getting beat all over the field, but had you told me that they'd hold the Bills to 16 points I would have assumed the Pats would win. The offense, Bennett aside, was putrid. It showed a rookie QB was at the helm.

Either way, 3-1 after Godell's bullshit isn't half bad. TFB comes back and Cleveland better watch out.

I'm not mad at all. Disappointed obviously but not down or angry. These things happen and we go 3-1 with Brady coming back. That's the biggest thing.

Brady with Bennett and fit Gronk is exciting to say the least. With Danny, Jules, Hogan and Mitchell there, with Blount running well and Lewis still to come back, the future looks very bright indeed.

Game was out of my market. What's the analysis? Was it a total WTF offensive game plan? What happened?

The offense isn't a concern. When Brady gets back this is a different O than with Brissett with a bad thumb on his throwing hand.

The defense is a different story. Couldn't set the edge, couldn't hold the middle and missed tackles left and right. Worst tackling since the days of the smurf DBs. There simply wasn't any life; flatest I've seen the Pats D since KC last year. There's no use getting into individual players who played poorly since so many did but Cyrus Jones and Logan Ryan head the list of those who played poorly. McCourty is perhaps the only defensive player who came to play.

Regardless, there are plenty of coaching points for BB on Tuesday to wake this team the f up and TB12 gets to ride in on his white horse as the savior. There's no way this team has 2 bad games back to back and Cleveland is the perfect team to play next week for this team to release it's frustrations. This was a wake up call. Poor Cleveland next week.

Game was out of my market. What's the analysis? Was it a total WTF offensive game plan? What happened?

It wasn't pretty but really playing with house money.

it was all my fault hubby asked me to tape the game. ..... They've lost every time and it has always been ugly

~Dee~

I hope there's no bad injuries. Bennett landed awkwardly on his upper arm/elbow, Bolden may have an ankle sprain and Butler looked a bit gimpy.

You'd barely recognise Gronk.....very down.

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-02%20at%2022.36.35_zpsvn6flchz.png

On the Postgame show, they're raising this issue of his dad....saying it's strange and they're positing that his dad is saying not to throw to him because of his hammer?

Safe to say that's BS. But it's a funny situation with him, they're just not using him.
I can't help but but think that there really is Gronk family interference and that they were a part of his extended hammy issue and missed games and now....

BB is telling them to fvck off by simply not playing him much. Having Bennett helps with this of course. Actually, I hope it is the case.

Getting treated like a 2nd stringer AND losing will make Gronk look that way. If it continues, I half expect to hear grumbling coming out of the Gronk family compound.

It wasn't pretty but really playing with house money.

it was all my fault hubby asked me to tape the game. ..... They've lost every time and it has always been ugly

~Dee~

I'll willingly accept half the blame. I was invited to a game dinner/party at Roadgrader's house, and totally forgot about it. I need to reassess my priorities; work vs fandom (and good manners).

I owe you a couple, Roy and Stephanie wuv

I think they have been managing Gronk until Brady gets back. If he does not go out for passes next week with Tom then something is up with him/his family or BB intentionally minimizing his role in the game in favor of Bennett. Not good. I really hope we see him return to form come next Sunday.

I can't help but but think that there really is Gronk family interference and that they were a part of his extended hammy issue and missed games and now....

BB is telling them to fvck off by simply not playing him much. Having Bennett helps with this of course. Actually, I hope it is the case.

Getting treated like a 2nd stringer AND losing will make Gronk look that way. If it continues, I half expect to hear grumbling coming out of the Gronk family compound.

I'm not sure about that. Would they have signed his brother if they were cheesed off with the dad? I'm not sure. I think with Tom back we'll be seeing the old Gronk.

The concern really is the defense. Because that is not a stellar Bills offense. Taylor is not that good and Watkins is out. Yet we could not close them down and stop the yards. That's a worry.

This defense should be an awful lot better. There are a good front 7 and decent DBs with a nice bit of depth. Patricia ain't all that just yet guys....

They weren't terrible. Held the Bills to 3 pts in the 2nd half, and we punted 5 times. Tyrod scares me. He had a lot of time in the pocket and was inaccurate as hell after the 1st quarter. I think NE did a good job of shutting down the middle of the field.

And yeah, refs were horrid. But that's common in today's NFL, it seems

Rex Ryan, as spoken by Cornelius Hackl: "I've lost everything: my job, my future, everything people *think* is important, but I don't care - because even if I have to dig ditches for the rest of my life, I shall be a ditch-digger who once had a wonderful day."

I'm not sure about that. Would they have signed his brother if they were cheesed off with the dad? I'm not sure. I think with Tom back we'll be seeing the old Gronk.

I really hope you are right in that beget the old Gronk back. Gronkowski says he is fine. He seems to be running well yet he didn't get a sniff until Bennett was hobbled. That is what happens with 2nd string players.

Signing a player just released by the team you are about to play isn't unusual.

Again, I hope he has 11 for 135 and 3 TD's net week....... or Bennett does.

Back