Teh Official Week 5 Pats v Browns Game Day Thread

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
From Patriots.com

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (3-1) at CLEVELAND BROWNS (0-4)
Sunday, Oct 9, 2016 at 1:00 p.m. ET. FirstEnergy Stadium (67,431)
PATRIOTS: Download Game Release | Roster | Depth Chart | Watch Games
BROWNS: Opponent Release | Roster | Depth Chart | Scouting Report
The New England Patriots will look to get back in the win column this Sunday when they travel to face the Cleveland Browns.
After a 3-0 start, the Patriots lost last Sunday at home, 16-0, to the Buffalo Bills. Since the beginning of 2003, the Patriots are 40-6 (.869) in regular season games following a loss.
This Sunday's game is the first of three straight games against AFC North opponents for the Patriots. New England will return to Gillette Stadium following the Cleveland game to host the Cincinnati Bengals on Oct. 16 and then travel to face the Pittsburgh Steelers on Oct. 23. The Patriots will round out their schedule against the AFC North when they host the Baltimore Ravens on Monday Night Football on Dec. 12.

TALE OF THE TAPE

<table style="width:100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" border="1"> <tbody><tr class="odd"> <td>2016 REGULAR SEASON</td> <td>NEW ENGLAND</td> <td>CLEVELAND</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td>Record</td> <td>3-1</td> <td>0-4</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td>Divisional Standings</td> <td>1st</td> <td>4th</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td>Total Yards Gained</td> <td>1,385</td> <td>1,485</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td>Total Offense (Rank)</td> <td>346.3 (19t)</td> <td>371.3 (12)</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td>Rush Offense</td> <td>135.5 (3)</td> <td>149.3 (1)</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td>Pass Offense</td> <td>210.8 (28)</td> <td>222.0 (25t)</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td>Points Per Game</td> <td>20.3 (21)</td> <td>18.5 (26)</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td>Total Yards Allowed</td> <td>1,463</td> <td>1,512</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td>Total Defense (Rank)</td> <td>365.8 (19)</td> <td>378.0 (22)</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td>Rush Defense</td> <td>101.3 (15)</td> <td>118.3 (24)</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td>Pass Defense</td> <td>264.5 (20)</td> <td>259.8 (16)</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td>Points Allowed/Game</td> <td>15.3 (4)</td> <td>28.8 (27)</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td>Possession Avg.</td> <td>30:48</td> <td>28:13</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td>Sacks Allowed/Yards Lost</td> <td>8/53</td> <td>11/64</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td>Sacks Made/Yards</td> <td>7/42</td> <td>6/43</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td>Total Touchdowns Scored</td> <td>9</td> <td>8</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td>Penalties Against/Yards</td> <td>27/223/149</td> <td>32/266</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td>Punts/Avg.</td> <td>19/45.4</td> <td>16/47.2</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td>Turnover Differential</td> <td>+3 (6t)</td> <td>-1 (18t)</td> </tr> </tbody></table>Patriots - Browns Connections

BROADCAST INFORMATION

TELEVISION: This week's game will be broadcast by CBS and can be seen locally on WBZ-TV Channel 4 in Boston. Greg Gumbel will handle play-by-play duties with Trent Green as the color analyst. Jamie Erdahl will work the sidelines. The game will be produced by Jim Rikhoff and directed by Suzanne Smith.NATIONAL RADIO: This week's game will be broadcast to a national audience on Westwood One Sports. John Sadak and Mike Mayock will call the game.
LOCAL RADIO: 98.5 FM, The Sports Hub, is the flagship station for the Patriots Radio Network. Play-by-play broadcaster Bob Socci will call the action along with former Patriots quarterback Scott Zolak, who will provide color analysis. Produced by Marc Cappello.

=========================

Karras and Cannon were on the field at 9:45 warming up with the trainers to see if they could play.
Amendola is supposed to be back to health.
Gronk had his strongest week of practice and should be ready to make plays acc to reports.

I think Brady kicks off any rust quickly and the Pats win by 13+
Where's Mikie? I'm ready to bet!

Patriots fans with 12 jerseys on are everywhere. It's a sea of Brady jerseys.
Excellent turnout and shows the strength of the Patriot brand. RK must be proud and you can bet it's not lost on TB12 either.
I've seen this look from Brady before...

CuVYevFWIAE9wpC.jpg

Excellent turnout and shows the strength of the Patriot brand. RK must be proud and you can bet it's not lost on TB12 either.

CuVYevFWIAE9wpC.jpg

How shocking would it be, if Jimmy came out as the starting QB.

That's the Nike Alpha Fly Rush Jacket, $160. Looks great on Tom. Will it make me look that good?

Actually been thinking, don't know if I can pull the trigger with my mind set against the league. Zero gear so far since Some Superbowl stuff after SB 49.

Cheers

That's a Micheal Phelps type look and focus from Tom.

McClellin is out as well.

Word is Gronk looked very good in practice the past week. Josh should open the playbook and let Tom loose.

That's the Nike Alpha Fly Rush Jacket, $160. Looks great on Tom. Will it make me look that good?

Actually been thinking, don't know if I can pull the trigger with my mind set against the league. Zero gear so far since Some Superbowl stuff after SB 49.

Cheers
I love it. but they haven't gotten a dime out of me since they suspended him the first time, other than ST last year. so, if i find it on ebay as a second buyer, sure but never from the nfl.

[
they said on nfln that he ran up and down the field and the large amount of Pats fans were extremely loud. good thing hue jackson isn't a punk bitch and sending his players over to harass him when he's doing nothing wrong.

sal pal talked to tb as he was going in the first time and noted that in all his years of covering tb, he has never seen him come out, sit on the bench for a bit and go back in.

Lets have a TFB helmet watch. Will that NFL sticker be on his helmet or not....

i'm watching NFL gamepass (I caved, I've no other way of watching the Patriots each game) and Von Miller is really giving Manning a run for his money in endorsements. Non stop commercials.

He's ready....

CuVzXHFWcAA9Q4K.jpg:large

Zolak is saying it's like a freaking home game out there.

LET'S GO PATRIOTS!!

Is that Sheard in the Jersey??

CuV1XTrXYAAB0cH.jpg:large

Edelman returning punts on week he was on the injury report hmmmmm

Back