The 2021 Draft- We Need This One

SkiptoMyLou

Six Time Super Bowl Champions!
Reaction score
My fam down there who are Bama Boosters tell me Mac Jones is a student of the game and studies the playbook constantly. He's also in the film room with his WRs prior to every game discussing how they want to attack a defense on each play in the game plan with lots of "if, then" kind of stuff. That's heady even for the NFL.

Interesting... sounds like something BB would absolutely love in a starting QB.

HSanders

omitted out of respect to Mrs.Jastremski
Reaction score
goff is flaccoesque and jackson is meh as a passer. not sold on mayfield 100%

OP
chevss454

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
Last edited:

Big/Sky/Fly

We're All In This Psyop Together...
Reaction score

Inspector_50

Reaction score
If Stafford was on a legit team when he was drafted, he would have been to the playoffs a few times...possibly even a superbowl. He isn't bad imo.
He has been in the league a long time, I mean teams accidently make the playoffs in some years. He produces stats but he does lack a certain aspect of controlling games on offense that others have. So no he isn't bad, but not sure he has an "it" factor that others do. He reminds me of Rivers

Inspector_50

Reaction score
i think he's been to the playoffs 3 times. just no wins.
That sounds right. You know I have seen him have weapons, I have seen the lions have a top 5 defense, and it never really changed how well they did with him. Rivers was the same way, it just didnt matter.

Big/Sky/Fly

We're All In This Psyop Together...
Reaction score
If I'm BB...I get QB in the 1st. No hesitation. Just do it. Jones...or, Wilson if he slides...most likely not, but, Rodgers slid. He might be an asshole, but, he way good.

rivshark86

Reaction score
Mac Jones seems pretty gettable for where the Pats are picking. BB seems to like, or at least respect Saban. I think they are close enough to have an honest conversation about the guy, and I think he’s gonna get a good report.
So I guess I think there’s a pretty good chance he’s the next Patriots QB.

I’m tentatively happy about it. We need to be realistic about where we are in the draft, and trading up probably isn’t worth it. I’m hoping Mac falls to us, assuming the other guys go first.
I get the knock on Alabama players. Especially their QBs. I get it. From what it sounds like though listening to interviews, saban seems to have put more emphasis on recruiting that position the past few years. The guy definitely knows what its like to prepare for, play, and win a big game.
But who knows. The Patriots need a QB and I’m trying to be optimistic about reasonable options.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
Mac Jones seems pretty gettable for where the Pats are picking. BB seems to like, or at least respect Saban. I think they are close enough to have an honest conversation about the guy, and I think he’s gonna get a good report.
So I guess I think there’s a pretty good chance he’s the next Patriots QB.

I’m tentatively happy about it. We need to be realistic about where we are in the draft, and trading up probably isn’t worth it. I’m hoping Mac falls to us, assuming the other guys go first.
I get the knock on Alabama players. Especially their QBs. I get it. From what it sounds like though listening to interviews, saban seems to have put more emphasis on recruiting that position the past few years. The guy definitely knows what its like to prepare for, play, and win a big game.
But who knows. The Patriots need a QB and I’m trying to be optimistic about reasonable options.
Whatever QB they get if they draft one. People need to be patient, something that are fan base has not been great at in a long time. People need to lower some expectations a bit for awhile. Not ever college QB is going to be the next Brady or Steve young.

king of kings

All Hail
Reaction score
Waddle does Fit BB type of WR. Small & Quick can he be a X WR. Grasp the playbook which Rookie WRs has seriously struggled.

OP
chevss454

chevss454

Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
chevss454

chevss454

Reaction score
Patriots coaches Troy Brown and DeMarcus Covington will coach at the 2021 East-West Shrine Bowl, perhaps as a response to the above post. Although the game has been cancelled, they will have a chance to work with the players and put them through drills.
Perfect pair of coaches to evaluate the talent there:
Troy Brown for RBs and WRs
Covington for DL and LBs

Happy to see this!