The 2021 Draft- We Need This One

I don't think he's a very good choice unless in the 4th or 5th.
Yeah I was watching some of his film footage. At Wake Forest, his OL wasn't very good and his RB was terrible at picking up the blitz. Teams definitely had no respect for the passing game sending in 8 guys.

Last edited:

View: https://twitter.com/ezlazar/status/1354119574153793538

Add WR Kadarius Toney

Senior Bowl measurements for Alabama QB Mac Jones: Height: 6’2” Weight: 217 Wing: 79 1/8” Arm: 32 1/2” Hand: 9 3/4”

Hunter Long is an interesting name and a productive BC Eagle.

I'm not saying he's an athletic freak, but he'd upgrade our sorry TE group if Bill decided he couldn't spend the dough to sign the other Hunter that he likes so much.

Also, if we can't get a QB in the 1st, then I don't know why Bama's IDL Christian Barmore wouldn't be worthy of 15.

The kid dominated in the OSU game, he's only 21 and while a superior run defender, he isn't just a fire hydrant and can move well for a massive guy. He gets
involved in every aspect with sacks, TFLs, batted down passes and FFs. He plays a nuanced game where he controls his guy with his hands and then sheds (violently)
once he sees where the ball is going. No guessing and gap-shooting. He always has his head up analyzing the play. He could be a great pro-- not a Malcom Brown
JAG.

Bill has shown a willingness to part with ones for DLs -- which he's done at least 5 times I can think of off the top of my head. Lack of inside presence was one
of our bigger weaknesses and he'd help the young LBs develop and give Lawrence Guy a hand inside.

Barmore could be the next Wilfork only a more athletic guy with better length.

In the mid to later rounds this is a WR I've been following quite a bit.
Watch him turn on his afterburners, twice, in the very first play.
That should get your attention
You can't teach speed.

Marquez Stevenson​

Marquez Stevenson​

I love his height and my god that kid flies.

You can't teach speed.

Marquez Stevenson​

Good size and wow athletic ability. Looks comfortable catching and then zooooom....pure acceleration. That jump cut on the jet sweep for a score was really something.

I've learned over the years not to get too excited by highlight clips, but his body type and running style made me think of Jerry Rice.

Now that I've said that, he'll probably turn out to be more like Josh Boyce.

Also, I was watching the Senior Bowl practice and somebody came up with a cool nickname for Devonta Smith that I hadn't heard before: The Slim Reaper.

Good size and wow athletic ability. Looks comfortable catching and then zooooom....pure acceleration. That jump cut on the jet sweep for a score was really something.

I've learned over the years not to get too excited by highlight clips, but his body type and running style made me think of Jerry Rice.

Now that I've said that, he'll probably turn out to be more like Josh Boyce.

Also, I was watching the Senior Bowl practice and somebody came up with a cool nickname for Devonta Smith that I hadn't heard before: The Slim Reaper.
Or.......Antonio Brown....

One guy I like at TE, probably in the 3rd to 4th round is Charlie Kolar of Iowa State. Caught a couple of games that he played, he's big and seems to know how to get open.

Last edited:

Mel Kiper mock, Pats --> Mac Jones w/ 15.

Mel Kiper mock, Pats --> Mac Jones w/ 15 ay

Mel Kiper mock, Pats --> Mac Jones w/ 15.
Funny I have see Mac in player rankings no higher than 30 and as low as 75. Yet in quite a few mocks, they have him going to the Patriots at 15 or even as high as 12.
If the Patriots draft a QB, Mac is my choice at 15.

Passing game needs to be a priority in this draft. We already have a good O-line & RBs. Outside WRs & Recieving TE would be a huge improvement over production we had last 2 years .

Last edited:
let me just say i HATE not having a Combine and I REALLY HATE that my city FINALLY gets a draft and i can't freaking go because of the 'rona. 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Back