The 2021 Patriots' Preseason Camp

To your second point, he didn't say he wanted Tampa to win but they are one of the most talented teams and fun to watch. He is pretty close to Tom as well.

As a former player, he really does not bring much insight IMO. I don't dislike him but he really does rovide a ton of value. I like Bertrand. He did or maybe still does a weekend show with Reiss which is very good. I like Reiss a ton. He is a fanboy but does provide balance too.
My second point, as you describe it, wasn't that I wrote he said he wanted Tampa Bay to win against NE. In fact, my point made reference to game days when NE and TB are playing other opponents at the same time, not vs. one another. I am at a loss as to why you would put words in my mouth and erroneously re-state my point...oh, wait, that's just what you do! I liked it better when you had me on ignore...

I don't mind Zo.

I do miss* having Jerry Glanville calling our preseason games, though. I'll never forget Harold Shaw, "straight ahead runnin', no fair dodgin'!"

* By "miss" I mean "thank God we are no longer"

Oh, I loved Jerry and "no fair dodgin'" is in my short list of snappy expressions thanks to him. I tend to like those folksy, crusty, old football guys who are gradually being replaced
with next generation slicksters with good grooming like Sean McVay.

The guy that made me mental was that horse-toothed jackass Randy Cross. It was hard to fathom how a guy that actually played (very well) on those great Niners teams
could be so utterly clueless about watching a game and figuring out the basics of what was going on out there. He and Don Criqui were total Patriots shills so they could keep the gravy train rolling as long as possible, but, God, they sucked. They were so bad it was entertaining. Like watching a bad stand-up comic bombing.

By comparison, those guys make Zo and Socci look like Keith Jackson and Romo.

I know I'm in the minority in disliking him. My issues with him are largely twofold: 1) he's such a cowering wimp when his partner Bertrand disagrees with him and literally laughingly shits all over him, and 2) when asked recently on air which team he would prefer to watch when Tampa Bay and NE play at the same time this season, he unhesitatingly said TB. Nice loyalty...

I didn't get that memo.

I reverse my position on Zo, then. Fuck him. I'll make sure my brother asks him to explain those comments on his upcoming podcast.

Bertrand is far worse than Zo, IMHO. He’s become a pure BB hater. It’s his schtick, and it’s tiresome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Oh, I don't disagree. Bertrand is a blowhard jackwagon. He repeats virtually everything twice, as if hearing his moronic opinions once isn't odious enough.

Criqui and Cross were the absolute worst for preseason games. They were so absolutely clueless about anything happening on the field. For years I wondered why they didn't use the radio guys.

So that's a big improvement now with Socci and Zo, but I would like to have all those years where we could have heard Gil and Geno.

Film from yesterday's practice provided by the Giants

I didn't get that memo.

I reverse my position on Zo, then. Fuck him. I'll make sure my brother asks him to explain those comments on his upcoming podcast.
Hopefully your brother can get a word in edgewise with Zo. Once Zo gets going, you can't stop him from blathering on.

Film from yesterday's practice provided by the Giants

Owenahu looks skinny.
T. Brown looked bad against speed rusher twice.
Appears crowd is 6' from players.
Cam not throwing great balls.

I don't mind Zolak either, he's a character and Bill seems to really like him.

Zo and Christian Fauria made a good double act on camera.

Mike Reiss talks with Scar about our QB competition, the skill positions and the OL. Then he discusses Gilmore, Uche, Cajuste's ascension and Mac Jones being selected as the National Academic All-American in his weekly Quick Hits column.
A good read with lots of positive things.

Last edited:

:coffee:

THE BIG STORYLINES

Mac Jones had one of the best preseasons PFF has ever seen

Jones closed out his first preseason in the NFL ranks with another quality performance. Once again, he made several accurate and anticipatory throws, just as he did at Alabama, and he made very few mistakes as a passer over three games.

Mac Jones earned a 77.1 passing grade for his Week 3 game and a 92.2 mark overall for the preseason. The latter beat out Patrick Mahomes in 2017 for the best single-preseason passing grade by a rookie quarterback since PFF began tracking the games in 2013.

The first-year signal-caller led all quarterbacks this preseason in passing grade on 10-plus-yard throws, negatively graded throw rate and turnover-worthy play rate (0%).
The rookie did everything he could to win the starting quarterback job, and the chances are that he'll be taking the reins in New England sooner rather than later.

Back