The 2021 Patriots' Preseason Camp

So you intentionally posted something. Just to get reactions out of people. Sounds very familiar. I just a thought it was a brain fart post . Cam passes didn't expose him to big hits. He couldn't protect himself.
She couldn't possibly be more full of shit or a bigger liar than she is here.

Let me help you, Ninety Names. It was authored by Benny (Tennis Ball Head )Volin, which automatically eliminated any possibility that it's valid, and appeared in this past Sunday's Boston Globe..Little Benny's opinion is only very slightly more legitimate than yours and those held by the other two members of this board's Tiresome Threesome.

Just to set the record straight, I do think midgar/p71/i50 is out of control and is truly hurting this forum. I have no idea what all that other stuff in his post is about.

No idea why he’s allowed to stay, considering how often he violated rules here such as acting the fool and putting words in peoples’ mouths.
Even with him on ignore, seeing him derail thread after thread is annoying AF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I like Henry a lot, it's clear he is one of those players who fits the culture in NE like a glove. But I'm reading the real beast could be Jonnu Smith. He's an exciting player for us, he got progressively better with the Titans each season and is still only 25.

We will have two excellent TEs which is fantastic.

I like Henry a lot, it's clear he is one of those players who fits the culture in NE like a glove. But I'm reading the real beast could be Jonnu Smith. He's an exciting player for us, he got progressively better with the Titans each season and is still only 25.

We will have two excellent TEs which is fantastic.

Jonnu should surprise some Pats fans this year who don't know his abilities as a receiver. Smith is great with the ball in his hands and makes a lot of plays running away from defenders.
Our QB, whoever that is, will find him a comforting presence on the field.
Henry is our "complete" TE; for now, I think of him as 80% of prime Gronk. Only five tight ends averaged more targets on a per-game basis last year. Henry learned quickly how to
help his rookie QB.

How good are our TEs?

Listening to "Moving the Chains" on SiriusXM NFL yesterday ranking the AFC TE rooms --> Patriots are ranked the 2nd best TEs room in the AFC this year, having 2 TEs ranked in the top 5 of AFC TEs.
The Pats are the only team to have 2 TEs ranked individually in the top 10 league wide.
Both Henry and Jonnu were ranked higher league-wide than better known names like Gronk, Engram, Irv Smith, Robert Tonyan and many more.
In the AFC, only Kelce, Waller, Mark Andrews and Fant are ranked higher. Henry is next at 5th and Jonnu is 6th.

NFL TE rankings:
Bold = AFC
1. Kelce

2. Kittle
3. Darren Waller
4. TJ Hockenson (Detroit. Loved the guy in his draft)
5. Mark Andrews
6. Dallas Goedert
7. Noah Fant (projection bc injured much of last year)
8. HHenry
9. Jonnu Smith

Excellent stuff Chevss, great to see with a few phone calls and signatures, we now have one of the best TE classes in the league from a position of the worst last season.

Jonnu should surprise some Pats fans this year who don't know his abilities as a receiver. Smith is great with the ball in his hands and makes a lot of plays running away from defenders.
Our QB, whoever that is, will find him a comforting presence on the field.
Henry is our "complete" TE; for now, I think of him as 80% of prime Gronk. Only five tight ends averaged more targets on a per-game basis last year. Henry learned quickly how to
help his rookie QB.

How good are our TEs?

Listening to "Moving the Chains" on SiriusXM NFL yesterday ranking the AFC TE rooms --> Patriots are ranked the 2nd best TEs room in the AFC this year, having 2 TEs ranked in the top 5 of AFC TEs.
The Pats are the only team to have 2 TEs ranked individually in the top 10 league wide.
Both Henry and Jonnu were ranked higher league-wide than better known names like Gronk, Engram, Irv Smith, Robert Tonyan and many more.
In the AFC, only Kelce, Waller, Mark Andrews and Fant are ranked higher. Henry is next at 5th and Jonnu is 6th.

NFL TE rankings:
Bold = AFC
1. Kelce

2. Kittle
3. Darren Waller
4. TJ Hockenson (Detroit. Loved the guy in his draft)
5. Mark Andrews
6. Dallas Goedert
7. Noah Fant (projection bc injured much of last year)
8. HHenry
9. Jonnu Smith

Moving the Chains is one of my favorite sources for NFL news and opinion. Pat Kirwan is a pretty crusty guy and is not a slick media type, but he loves football knows what he is talking about. I
don't always agree with Kirwan, but I always pay attention to what he says.

It's going to be really interesting to see how (and IF) we use two highly productive TEs when we haven't seen a real one in years. I will also comment that I wanted one or the other in FA, but never
considered for one second that we'd get both. It was a shock to see both get paid and I certainly hope we find a way to get them both involved in the passing game.

I notice that patriots.com lists Matt LaCosse as the 3rd ranked TE on the roster. I found that hilarious. He'll be cut asap because he was an opt-out and also he can't play football
worth a damn. I'd give Troy Fumagalli a long look before I wasted a roster spot on that guy. We've come a long way in a short time and won't have Ryan Izzo to
kick around any more.

:toast:

Back