The 2023 Playoffs

Cincy surprising the hell out of me today. Outstanding performance, especially considering their OL woes.

Just glad that stupid neutral field decision is now a non-factor. Will be rooting for the Bengals next week.

Shocking: Buffalo’s season coming to an end in part to the mediocre play of Josh Allen

Not Shocking: Buffalo’s Super Bowl window slamming shut because of the crippling contract they signed him to

Buffalo's Super Bowl window consisted of two wildcard game wins. Fucking joke.

That sound you hear is the window slamming shut. :coffee:

You know it!

Burrow: "Better send those refunds!" when the neutral site was mentioned in his post game interview. ROFL

I really admire Burrow. He might be the most poised young QB yet everyone salivates at everything Mahomes does.
mahomes is awesome, so is burrow. both have tons of weapons on o. great playcallers/designers. diff is cincy defense is legit.
think i said before playoffs that i thought cincy was best afc team.

They do seem to have something to prove, don't they. Kind of remind me of Brady's FU tour after deflategate.
For all the talk about the Niners, the Bengals are the most like the patriots in my opinion, and Burrow plays the same style of game as Brady and also raises his game in the playoffs too. I really hope they go all the way.

Shocking: Buffalo’s season coming to an end in part to the mediocre play of Josh Allen

Not Shocking: Buffalo’s Super Bowl window slamming shut because of the crippling contract they signed him to
I didn’t think Allen was mediocre at all today. The Bengals just kept coming and had him guessing all day. Their defensive coordinator is top notch and they have an awful lot of talent in that young secondary.

For the record, this is how the game in the regular season was going as well. That's why it was a joke this game was in Buffalo. But really the snow helped Cincinnati immensely, and there was some good tape study on the Cincy D-line. Hendrickson did an inside swim move on that LT almost every single time, and beat him almost every single time.

Cincy rushed pretty well though
They did but I think that goes to tape study. Buffalo's O-line is pretty trash, but like I said, Hendrickson on that inside rip/swim move on almost EVERY play, and DJ Reader went left on the Center every single time too. That's coaching. And starting to send the nickel blitz in the 2nd half was really well disguised and well done as well.

For the record, this is how the game in the regular season was going as well. That's why it was a joke this game was in Buffalo. But really the snow helped Cincinnati immensely, and there was some good tape study on the Cincy D-line. Hendrickson did an inside swim move on that LT almost every single time, and beat him almost every single time.
Cincy was on its way to being the one seed. Now they have to go into Kansas City but I don’t see them having much issue there as Burrow is going to be able to throw even more so against that defense and with Mahomes hobbled, I see the Cincinnati defense having the same type of performance it had today, may be better.

I didn’t think Allen was mediocre at all today. The Bengals just kept coming and had him guessing all day. Their defensive coordinator is top notch and they have an awful lot of talent in that young secondary.
He was at home. He was not good.
heard them say on some pregame that snow slows down pass rushes. i'm sure that helped also.
Cincy didn’t seem to have a problem with the rush. And Buffalo should have been able to exploit the Cincy OL issues.

Better team definitely won and I could not have been more wrong.

Cincy was on its way to being the one seed. Now they have to go into Kansas City but I don’t see them having much issue there as Burrow is going to be able to throw even more so against that defense and with Mahomes hobbled, I see the Cincinnati defense having the same type of performance it had today, may be better.
Well, they won't be running the 'Let Kelce run wide-ass open the entire game' defense that Jacksonville tried.

Back