The 2023 Season NFL Playoffs Thread

You can have your narrative - and it's working for now.

But who else on the Bills made a play in that game? Brady - the GOAT, indisputably - had guys making plays for him all over the place, on offense & defense.

The Bills D made literally no plays tonight. Sherfield & Diggs both dropped long passes that were on the money. Not sure how much more a QB can do, quite honestly.
It's working for now - because it's got history, facts and results behind it - and not media-driven wishes, hopes, dreams and copium.

Yes, the Bills D ran out 11 traffic cones tonight on defense. Buffalo had the ball inside the KC 30, first down, 2 minutes to go, down 3. The QB missed wide-open crossers and check downs, in favor for heroball heaves to the endzone. They had plenty of time. They could have run the ball, they were gashing KC on the ground all night. Allen could have run for a couple of yards and kept the clock running. Didn't do that either. Instead, heaves to nobody in the endzone.

This isn't surprising. This isn't unusual. This isn't something we've never seen before. After trying to give the game away earlier on the drive, Allen choked away any chance of a win. Even had Bass made the field goal, KC had 1:45 and 2 timeouts to get into FG range. Considering the aforementioned traffic cones, I'm pretty confident they would have gotten that done.

Be smart, work the clock, take the checkdowns, and score a TD, or kick a FG with a couple of seconds left, and take your chances in OT. It's not rocket surgery. But then again, no one's going to claim Josh Allen is a rocket surgeon, now are they?

It's working for now - because it's got history, facts and results behind it - and not media-driven wishes, hopes, dreams and copium.

Yes, the Bills D ran out 11 traffic cones tonight on defense. Buffalo had the ball inside the KC 30, first down, 2 minutes to go, down 3. The QB missed wide-open crossers and check downs, in favor for heroball heaves to the endzone. They had plenty of time. They could have run the ball, they were gashing KC on the ground all night. Allen could have run for a couple of yards and kept the clock running. Didn't do that either. Instead, heaves to nobody in the endzone.

This isn't surprising. This isn't unusual. This isn't something we've never seen before. After trying to give the game away earlier on the drive, Allen choked away any chance of a win. Even had Bass made the field goal, KC had 1:45 and 2 timeouts to get into FG range. Considering the aforementioned traffic cones, I'm pretty confident they would have gotten that done.

Be smart, work the clock, take the checkdowns, and score a TD, or kick a FG with a couple of seconds left, and take your chances in OT. It's not rocket surgery. But then again, no one's going to claim Josh Allen is a rocket surgeon, now are they?

It wasn't a force. Shakir was wide open. Jones got there just a little early. I didn't see it as "hero ball," but opinions can vary.

I just don't know how anyone watched that game, and says they lost because of Allen. He played great.

It wasn't a force. Shakir was wide open. Jones got there just a little early. I didn't see it as "hero ball," but opinions can vary.

I just don't know how anyone watched that game, and says they lost because of Allen. He played great.
He played great....until the last drive....when it mattered the most.

Yeah, the ultimate judgment on these QBs has to be in those championship minutes when everything is on the line. That's why Brady was so good, he made the right decisions time and time again when it mattered. Allen is not doing that so far in his career. Mahomes, gets it and does it.

Mahommes has been to the AFC championship game every season of his career. Starting to make a case for GOAT. :coffee:
Making his case? Right now he is in the discovery, before the depositions, before the pre-trial motions stage, of making his case.

What a crap ending. Allen just can't take the plays that are right in front of him. Maddening.
It was a perfect drive, controlling the clock, moving the chains. 2 minute warning, still room for another 1st down, eating more clock and then who the HELL calls two dumb throws to the endzone, with any potential to have to rely on Bass who's been horrible all year??

Unreal........

The Bills D made literally no plays tonight. Sherfield & Diggs both dropped long passes that were on the money. Not sure how much more a QB can do, quite honestly.
8 Starters out on Defense, 2 on Offense.
At this point in the playoffs, that's just insurmountable.

Even if the Bills scored, tied it or a TD, there's about a minute left. Does anyone have any delusions about KC marching back down the field and scoring?? Granted, they would have needed a TD, if we had scored one on that drive.

So... coaching?

Last I checked, Allen doesn't call his own plays
Where do you think that ball was designed to go - to the wide-open checkdown as the coverage bailed back, or the heroball prayer toward the endzone where all the coverage was? Diggs' route would have been open against any defense except a robber look, which would have been asinine given the situation.

It was a perfect drive, controlling the clock, moving the chains. 2 minute warning, still room for another 1st down, eating more clock and then who the HELL calls two dumb throws to the endzone, with any potential to have to rely on Bass who's been horrible all year??

Unreal........
that's my take as well... why do those throws... you don't want any time on the clock anyway... just keep matriculating it down the field, force Chefs to use timeouts and/or burn clock. if you did have to kick the FG get as close as possible. any kick Bass made looked iffy all game.

You can count on a couple of hands the amount of drafted players who have received second contracts here the last decade plus.

You've no doubt read or heard variations of this, but it bears some repeating. It is clearly one of the top indictments against Bill Belichick continuing
to run the show, for me.

the last guy drafted in the first 3 rounds who got a second contract from us was Duron Harmon who was selected in 2013.

I count 22 top 3 round guys selected between him and the current free agent crop of 2020 which includes, no doubt, several new members to add to
that list, Dugger, Uche and Jennings. Onwenu was a 5th, so he isn't technically a member of the One and Done Club, but it'll be interesting to see if we
end up signing any of them. I don't know if anything has really changed in this regard, since Bob Kraft signs the checks and he might be more
involved in all of that than we fully understand.

There are some things that are considered a must by most people that follow the NFL, like you build your team through the draft and the
high rounders are the most important part of that, but Bill did things his own way even when it circled back to bite him in the ass.

that's my take as well... why do those throws... you don't want any time on the clock anyway... just keep matriculating it down the field, force Chefs to use timeouts and/or burn clock. if you did have to kick the FG get as close as possible. any kick Bass made looked iffy all game.
All season, He's been terrible. I don't get it. He was Mr Automatic in the past

Chiefs had a great game plan & Mahomes executed it within the framework of the plan. At the end when everyone watching expected the Bills to score & win, Josh Allen went into his frenetic “hero ball” mode, impatient and stubborn to do it his way. He can't control his panic. I was surprised “backyard football” didn't come up.

View: https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1749264345429684717

Last edited:
Back