The battle for 1st seed

DeflateThis

Reaction score
Time to get ahead of ourselves. Losing 1st seed cost us dearly last year.

We are currently 3rd on The NFL Playoff Picture, behind the Steelers and The Raiders. The Broncos are currently the 5th seed.

We can fairly say that it looks like a 3 horse race between Patriots, Steelers and Broncos. Normally i would hold us as favourites, but imo we have much thougher schedule than the others(at least Denver):

Broncos: @Chargers, Texans, Chargers, @Raiders, @Saints, Chiefs, @Jaguars, @Titans, Patriots, @Chiefs, Raiders.

The raiders are of to a good start, but the home game against the Patriots may be the only game on Denvers schedule against a team that ends up with a winning record. They should win a lot of these games.

Steelers: @Dolphins, Patriots, @Ravens, Cowboys, @Browns, @Colts, Giants, @Bills, @Bengals, Ravens, Browns

Some though games here. Cowboys are looking decent and the division games in this division are often close games.

Patriots: Bengals, @Steelers, @Bills, Seahawks, @49ers, @Jets, Rams, Ravens, @Denver, Jets, @Dolphins

The games against Denver, Pittsburgh and Seattle stands out. Three very though games. Other than that we should be ok, but the game against the Bills worries me a bit.

When comparing schedules the game @Denver is a must win game if we want 1st seed. Steelers have som trap games, so they should propably lose a game or two when the gunslinger has one of his INT-days.
I think we need a 14-2 record. At worst 12-4 if we beat both Denver and Pittsburgh(but we won't be 12-4 if we win both those games).

Most important games for us : @Pitt, @ Bills, @ Jets and @ Denver.

Pitt: Pats, @Ravens, Giants, @ Bills and @ Bengals.

Broncos: @Chargers, @Oak, @NO, KC, @ Jags and Us.

I have disagree about the "tougher" schedule.

66c c Denver plays a bunch of tough division games all bunch up coming soon.

Pitt has 4 tough road games, including 2 against division

If we beat those 4 teams we'll be guaranteed HFA.

I think it comes down to us and Pitt for the 1 seed. I think Denver may fall off the map with Lynch playing QB and now Kubes sick. It may be Oakland that is vying for the top seed. I expect Brady to give Pitt the same smack down that the Eagles did which is what he always does anyways to that overrated team every season.

FYI - there is a cincy thread for those that want to discuss that game.

FYI - there is a cincy thread for those that want to discuss that game.

For the record, the on to Cincy mantra is going to show up in any thread that references any thing on the far side of Cincinnati.

Cheers

For the record, the on to Cincy mantra is going to show up in any thread that references any thing on the far side of Cincinnati.

Cheers

Sure and I think the title of this thread and the OPs post made it clear that he wanted to talk about the AFC seedings so again, there is a Cincy thread if people want to discuss that. As far as I know this forum is not run by Bill.

Sure and I think the title of this thread and the OPs post made it clear that he wanted to talk about the AFC seedings so again, there is a Cincy thread if people want to discuss that. As far as I know this forum is not run by Bill.

The on to Cincinnati thing is just tip of the cap to the great BFB. I assuredly don't mean we can't talk about what the op wants to talk about. And I'm sure the others don't as well. It's just something that will be there, like "message to the jets" will be there. And, as an aside, I'm grateful to the OP for starting a post which lets me do it. :shrug:

So let me a a substantive thought while I'm here.

History tells me that it will ride on the @Denver.

Cheers, BostonTim

The on to Cincinnati thing is just tip of the cap to the great BFB. I assuredly don't mean we can't talk about what the op wants to talk about. And I'm sure the others don't as well. It's just something that will be there, like "message to the jets" will be there. And, as an aside, I'm grateful to the OP for starting a post which lets me do it. :shrug:

Cheers, BostonTim
Yeah, it take people a while to really "get" this place. There's a lot of history (and sometimes sarcasm) that various posts are based on.

In any case, "My focus is on Cincinnati".

:)

So let me a a substantive thought while I'm here.

History tells me that it will ride on the @Denver.

Cheers, BostonTim

Ah, gotcha. I usually pick up on the sarcasm so I will blame it on not having enough coffee. Thanks for the explanation. Appreciate it.

Not trying to be a punk (it comes naturally, without effort), the "We're on to Cincinnati" mantra came about not because reporters were looking ahead, but because they wanted to discuss on Monday the game that just took place the day before, Kansas City. I always took "We're on to Cincinnati" to mean we (the team) are looking forward, not backward.

I like the way we do it here, look backward for a couple days (when we lose) or for several days (when we win). I also like looking forward beyond Cincinnati to tough games, wondering if Gronk will be 100%, when Dion Lewis is returning, and most especially, are we getting HFA.

I agree with the poster who said it will all come down to the Denver game, just like last year, and I am paying attention every week to how Denver plays with that Week 15 game in mind.

Edit: That astute analyst would be BostonTim

Not trying to be a punk (it comes naturally, without effort), the "We're on to Cincinnati" mantra came about not because reporters were looking ahead, but because they wanted to discuss on Monday the game that just took place the day before, Kansas City. I always took "We're on to Cincinnati" to mean we (the team) are looking forward, not backward.

I like the way we do it here, look backward for a couple days (when we lose) or for several days (when we win). I also like looking forward beyond Cincinnati to tough games, wondering if Gronk will be 100%, when Dion Lewis is returning, and most especially, are we getting HFA.

I agree with the poster who said it will all come down to the Denver game, just like last year, and I am paying attention every week to how Denver plays with that Week 15 game in mind.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/agZKF7U5s8A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Every game will be tough. Cincinnati might come out different trying to save their season and get to a WC game. We have a tough schedule with Steelers are after and we also gotta play Seattle which they will want to make a statement beating us. Also the bills. I'll be surprised if we go 14-2 or 15-1. But 12-4 was our record last year. We need that Denver game

I am on to the Bengals, but if the Pats are in contention for HFA, not shitting the bed against Miami in the last game will be the first place I'd look. I doubt the Pats will beat Denver at home, so just have a better record when the regular season strikes midnight.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/agZKF7U5s8A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's interesting and not at all how I remember it ("not the past not the future") and normally I have a memory like a steel...whaddayacallit...sieve...just goes to show you....

Back