The Boys Are Back!!!!

-Scar-

Decimate this account, please. Thanks.
Reaction score
2hz05djjpg.gif

Let's Get It!!!!!

:thumb:

....at which point they will blame everyone else except him...he is the Brett Farvre of the NBA (just substitute trade demands for retirements)

Last I checked tho Kobe was one of the best at what he plays. HELLO INT record

Last I checked tho Kobe was one of the best at what he plays. HELLO INT record

Wow gosh you are right! Kobe isn't even on the INT list!....

Might want to check where he rates all time....one of the most over hyped players ever. Certainly a HOFer...but couldn't carry Jordan, MJ or Birds jocks. He is a 45% shooter that scores a lot because he is a ball hog....which is the extent of his game, no rebounding, no assists. Best? Please, like I said he is the Farvre of the NBA....over hyped. Both definite HOFers but the reality of their games is quite different than the ballwashed version.

Oh yeah and they are both poor team mates. It's always someone else's fault.

Wow gosh you are right! Kobe isn't even on the INT list!....

Might want to check where he rates all time....one of the most over hyped players ever. Certainly a HOFer...but couldn't carry Jordan, MJ or Birds jocks. He is a 45% shooter that scores a lot because he is a ball hog....which is the extent of his game, no rebounding, no assists. Best? Please, like I said he is the Farvre of the NBA....over hyped. Both definite HOFers but the reality of their games is quite different than the ballwashed version.

Oh yeah and they are both poor team mates. It's always someone else's fault.

Ummm not that I'm a Lakers fan, but 3x championship, MVP, every single all star game, one of the highest scorers ever in the history of the game what else do you need not to be over hyped? Ask most basketballs fans and they would have him in the top 5 sg of all time. As for farve if he was playing at his prime today, he wouldn't be in my top 5 playing QBs.

Yes I wouldn't put him in #1 all time (MJ, which u mentioned twice), but today's game is tougher to excell, just look at Lebron. He's still up there.

Ummm not that I'm a Lakers fan, but 3x championship, MVP, every single all star game, one of the highest scorers ever in the history of the game what else do you need not to be over hyped? Ask most basketballs fans and they would have him in the top 5 sg of all time. As for farve if he was playing at his prime today, he wouldn't be in my top 5 playing QBs.

Yes I wouldn't put him in #1 all time (MJ, which u mentioned twice), but today's game is tougher to excell, just look at Lebron. He's still up there.

Magic Johnson says hi?????

Tougher to excel? You are kidding...you can travel anytime you want, carry the ball (every "crossover" dribble is called a carry before..hell if you are a star you never even have to dribble the ball!)

What else could he do? OH I don't know rank somewhere in the top 300 in FG% which he doesn't....Allen Iverson has scored more than him and IMO Iverson can't carry Kobe's jock either.

Maybe do more than score by shooting 45%??? He has NOTHING else in his game...NOTHING..not rebounding, not assists...just a ball hog that shoots a lot with a below avg (for a great BB player) FG%

Funny you mention all star games and MVPs as proof of Kobe's "greatness", yet don't rank Farvre high...he has many more than Kobe...and he actually LEADS in TDs, passes completed and actually has a pretty good comp %...unlike Kobe. Besides that All Star appearances are about the most meaningless "proof" of even competency in any sport....

Kobe scores..notice you did not mention any other component of a great NBA players game..since he has none....his field goal percentage is not in the top 300!!!!

So when the ONLY part of your game that ranks highly all time is scoring you should at least be on the first few pages of FG% to be considered great. In fact FG% have gone up since the "old" days yet Kobe isn't even in the top 300?

Kobe as an "all time great" is purely a MEDIA creation...he simply doesn't have the stats to back that "LEVEL" of rep up. He doesn't pass the ball does not get rebounds...he has a "NAME" like Farvre does late in his career and lives off of it.

HOF player..not close to one of the all time best or even remotely close.

Like I said he is a SHELL of the guys I mentioned...who ARE all time greats and lets not get in Wilt, Bill or some of the others.

Please don't give me it is "harder" now....heck I could practically drive to the hoop if I could carry the ball like the do now or take as many steps as they get to. I found it hilarious that they were showing a highlight of Kobe where he palmed the ball over to "change direction", traveled and made a shot. Two violations never called and used as a HIGHLIGHT!

I will admit Magic got away with some walks, but at least dribbled the ball, Jordan got more "steps' than Magic, but again still wasn't allowed to carry the ball.

Now? It really is ridiculous.

That Kobe is "considered" top 5 all time is evidence of his HYPE!

Here are just a few similar players Kobe isn't close to.

1.Jordan
2.Bird
3.MJ
4.Erving
5.Karl Malone
6.Barkley

They all Scored, Passed and Rebounded..complete players and all while being scorers had good FG%...heck Bird is the lowest on that list and he is at 124 (his FG% really suffered after his back was messed up)...Kobe, while having minimal assists and rebounds (especially compared to these guys) may have the points to be in this league but it was only because of the number of shots he took since the lowest person on this list is 124 and Kobe isn't even in the top 300. All are 20,000+ scorers...but had MORE to their game than throwing up a lot of shots.

Those are just the ones I saw their entire careers, let alone adding, Robinson, Duncan, Hakeem, Wilt, Abdul-Jabar, Russell, ect

I am not saying Kobe is a scrub, far from it. He is a HOFer, but doesn't deserve to be with the all time greats...anybody mentioning him top 5 is watching to many ESPN commercials. A good example might be Deion Sanders...."all time great CB"..except he only did half of the CB's job...I think he tackled two players his entire career...maybe three.

Not sure where you would stop the list at "All time great"? Me I would say around top 10 or so...and Kobe is not anywhere in the top ten players.

No way, not for a slashing perimeter player. There's no hand checking allowed anymore. MJ would be scoring 50 a game with today's rules. I'd like to see how the rapist would do against the mid-90s Knicks and those rules.

This will be the lakers 30th apperance I hearld in the NBA Finals. I do hope the magic beat them.

Hilarious...
What did you expect from Boston fans...we hate the Lakers.

Oh, and your picture is cute but very old. We all loved it last year when 3PointStan had it in his sig. You know, when the Lakers lost to the Celtics. ;)

Eh..Shouda Figured...Every Bostonian Hates Everything About The Best Coast....

Yadda Yadda Bullshit...It's Cool Tho...

:cool:

Back