The Dynasty

zeke mowatt

Reaction score
Watch it. Spirits lifted. Bledsoe. The Cox hit vs the Colts. It’s like you’re there again.
I want to run through a brick wall right now.

Watch it. Spirits lifted. Bledsoe. The Cox hit vs the Colts. It’s like you’re there again.
I want to run through a brick wall right now.
I'm watching the first episode. It's great to look back, but hearing RKK say, "I was just trying to keep it all together". How were you doing that Robert? By constantly mocking Bill and jeering him in front of your guests in Gillette?

Heard Randy Moss sat for 5 hours for his interview.
That doesn’t surprise me at all. He is such a standup guy. When I saw him at training camp multiple times, he would sign his autograph until everybody was gone. You saw Brady sign may be a handful and then run away but not randy. He was staying there for quite a while signing away. Extremely nice gentleman.

That doesn’t surprise me at all. He is such a standup guy. When I saw him at training camp multiple times, he would sign his autograph until everybody was gone. You saw Brady sign may be a handful and then run away but not randy. He was staying there for quite a while signing away. Extremely nice gentleman.
He always seemed a great guy. Like when that Pats fan had the Randy Moss mask on at a game, and Randy saw it on the screen in the stadium and loved it.

What a player he was, truly an outrageous talent. I remember his HS coach said he was the best young talent to come through the youth system since Deion Sanders.

And we saw how great he was with Bill with that Halloween party!

Sounds like those skeletons rattling around in BB’s closet may see the light of day.
Rumor has it he’s not pleased.

Cowherd is 100% right here. BB doesn't get enough credit for sticking with Brady over Bledsoe.
It was, perhaps, the most consequential coaching decision in NFL history.
The “it was all Brady” argument has to begin with the fact that Belichick stood alone and chose Brady when most of the players, Kraft, the media and most fans wanted Bledsoe.

View: https://twitter.com/TheHerd/status/1758579986347548886

Episode 1 is largely about BB's decision to go with Drew vs Tom or Tom vs Drew. Watch it; it's good.
Drew had been labeled a future HOFer, Kraft just signed him to a $100M deal, BB got fired in Cleveland for the same situation, Kosar vs unnamed. Everyone on the coaching
staff knew Kraft had his finger on the trigger. This was a monumental decision that led to 6 Lombardis, 20 years of greatness, 2 consecutive dynasties, 2 GOATs.

Ever wonder if any of that would have happened if Oakland had won the Tuck Rule game?

I think Kraft would have fired his 3rd HOF (Parcells, Petey and BB) coach in succession. Scott Pioli agrees.

Last edited:
Episode 1 is largely about BB's decision to go with Drew vs Tom or Tom vs Drew. Watch it; it's good.
Drew had been labeled a future HOFer, Kraft just signed him to a $100M deal, BB got fired in Cleveland for the same situation, Kosar vs unnamed. Everyone on the coaching
staff knew Kraft had his finger on the trigger. This was a monumental decision that led to 6 Lombardis, 20 years of greatness, 2 consecutive dynasties, 2 GOATs.

Ever wonder if any of that would have happened if Oakland had won the Tuck Rule game?

I think Kraft would have fired his 3rd HOF (Parcells, Petey and BB) coach in succession. Scott Pioli agrees.
Story is Bledsoe spoke to Kraft. Kraft spoke to BB. Kraft was convinced and told Bledsoe, yea I could tell the coach to start you but it wouldn’t work.

yes there was a lot on the line, it worked out well and Bledsoe was soon off to Buffalo.

These first two were great, but largely regurgitated stories from the various other documentaries on that season (Man in the Arena, America's Game, etc.) And telling the story of the Snow Game without even showing the defense making the 3rd and 1 stop to give the ball back pre-tuck play is criminal. That was arguably the most clutch play of the season.

I wouldn’t call this a source, it’s fake Patrick Pass

He's not Patrick Pass but it is a tribute account for him and the Patriots.
Pioli said these things in The Dynasty so the fake PPass is not lying.
Belichick and all the coaches knew that if Brady didn't perform after being named the starter over Bledsoe, they would all be fired by Kraft.

These first two were great, but largely regurgitated stories from the various other documentaries on that season (Man in the Arena, America's Game, etc.) And telling the story of the Snow Game without even showing the defense making the 3rd and 1 stop to give the ball back pre-tuck play is criminal. That was arguably the most clutch play of the season.
Damn right.

The team was 0-2 before Brady, and coming off of a 5-11 season. If BB had stayed w/Brady and Brady had tanked, BB would have lost the team and been fired. If BB had gone back the Bledsoe, and Bledsoe had tanked, BB would have lost the team and been fired. BB had a choice about which QB he felt better about. He made the right choice by going with the guy who could read the defense and not panic throw to the TE, over the guy who could throw the ball as hard as anyone ever had but had developed bad habits over the course of time.

The rest is just fluff from all directions.

I enjoyed watching the first two episodes, because there were some nuggets here and there and it's always good to hear from
people like Ty Law and Willie Mac, etc. about the way we were back in the day. It feels good to revisit the glory days now that
they are officially over.

It was also great to hear Brady saying fuck and shit like a regular person for a change. More importantly, he seemed very
sincere when he said that things were "perfect". He looked like a guy who has made peace with everything and not like
a bitter guy who wants to remind everybody that the organization fucked up, but, it's early yet. They'll squeeze all they can
out of that storyline.

The thing that stuck in my craw was how nobody mentioned just how bad Bledsoe had been playing during the 5-11 season right
up to the Lewis hit. I don't want to dump on Drew, but it was pretty clear that he was an entitled, egocentric guy who still thought he was a
superstar when he hadn't been that in quite a while. He was in decline, clearly.

I remember just feeling thrilled that we were able to string some first downs together after Tom took over. I was fine with that move. It
took real balls from Bill, which was the thing that made him the GOAT of coaching. He was going to do it his way and if it cost him his
job then so be it. Ultimately, that happened.

So far it is a very fun watch with enough new wrinkles to make it interesting even if it glosses over some things. I expect, for instance,
that they'll claim Drew played brilliantly in relief of Brady, which is a great narrative even though largely bullshit. Bledsoe fell out of a tree
but landed on his feet in that game.

I enjoyed watching the first two episodes, because there were some nuggets here and there and it's always good to hear from
people like Ty Law and Willie Mac, etc. about the way we were back in the day. It feels good to revisit the glory days now that
they are officially over.

It was also great to hear Brady saying fuck and shit like a regular person for a change. More importantly, he seemed very
sincere when he said that things were "perfect". He looked like a guy who has made peace with everything and not like
a bitter guy who wants to remind everybody that the organization fucked up, but, it's early yet. They'll squeeze all they can
out of that storyline.

The thing that stuck in my craw was how nobody mentioned just how bad Bledsoe had been playing during the 5-11 season right
up to the Lewis hit. I don't want to dump on Drew, but it was pretty clear that he was an entitled, egocentric guy who still thought he was a
superstar when he hadn't been that in quite a while. He was in decline, clearly.

I remember just feeling thrilled that we were able to string some first downs together after Tom took over. I was fine with that move. It
took real balls from Bill, which was the thing that made him the GOAT of coaching. He was going to do it his way and if it cost him his
job then so be it. Ultimately, that happened.

So far it is a very fun watch with enough new wrinkles to make it interesting even if it glosses over some things. I expect, for instance,
that they'll claim Drew played brilliantly in relief of Brady, which is a great narrative even though largely bullshit. Bledsoe fell out of a tree
but landed on his feet in that game.
He wasn’t perfect but far from bad. Had a sure deep TD dropped by Patten. Converted two or three crucial 3rd downs Pitt desperately needed. Before the mention of hitting Hitting gildon or whoever in the chest I’ll state the fact Brady did the exact same thing. Everyone likes to forget that one.
The over the head toss was a free play.
I doubt Huard comes in and wins that game.

The team was 0-2 before Brady, and coming off of a 5-11 season. If BB had stayed w/Brady and Brady had tanked, BB would have lost the team and been fired. If BB had gone back the Bledsoe, and Bledsoe had tanked, BB would have lost the team and been fired. BB had a choice about which QB he felt better about. He made the right choice by going with the guy who could read the defense and not panic throw to the TE, over the guy who could throw the ball as hard as anyone ever had but had developed bad habits over the course of time.

The rest is just fluff from all directions.
I’m pretty convinced if Parcells had stayed, they’d have gotten a couple with Drew. Possibly some kind of dynastic run. That offense was talented as hell and tailored to fit his strengths.
The personell decisions made after his departure were complete shit and led to Bledsoe taking one hell of a beating and losing confidence.
The Weiss offense was never gonna work with Drew .

Back