The Dynasty

Shula accomplished perfection. You cannot underplay that.

Episode 4 of this series proved that Brady lost the most important game of his career which was SB42. Brady said "That was our history making game, that would have been everything". Jonathan Kraft said there were Patriots players vomiting and crying on the floor. They didn't just lose a game that night.
whoopdedoo. Shula barely won anything.
Go back and look at his “undefeated” season. The combined winning percentages of his opponents that season was something like .420.

Shula won nothing with Marino, a major accomplishment.

IG_IG is not a fan. He wrote about it on Barstool. I haven't seen any of it yet, but he says they basically skip over the back-to-back Lombardi's in '03 and '04. Hard to call a documentary "Dynasty" and ignore the actual Dynasty.

Is the NE Patriots dynasty the greatest ever? Arguably yes. Is Belichick the greatest HC of all time? No. I think Bill Walsh, Paul Brown and Don Shula were better. Is Brady the greatest QB of all time? I would say yes, but overall GOAT irrespective of position? No. I think Jerry Rice, Lawrence Taylor and Jim Brown are ahead of Brady in that regard. Even Belichick would admit that LT is the greatest player he ever coached. LT literally changed the game. That's how good he was. He wasn't even playing to his full potential due to his crazy lifestyle which included drugs and prostitutes. Scary.

You know what? We really don't care what morons think.

Kelley: “The Dynasty” Confirms Bill Belichick Was a Goner​

Published
7 hours ago
on
February 26, 2024
By
Dan Kelley

Apple TV’s “The Dynasty” docuseries has released the first four episodes. It has shown a lot of important moments from the Patriots past. It covered Robert Kraft purchasing the team, the first three Super Bowl wins, the Super Bowl loss in 2007, and the Spygate saga. But the series also foretold the future of the team. Specifically the fate of Bill Belichick.
Tough to watch what has been said in “The Dynasty” and not conclude Bill Belichick was a dead man walking in 2023. What if last season’s squad had miraculously won the Super Bowl? Would “The Dynasty” have still been released? And if so, would Bill Belichick have wanted to stick around any longer?

New England’s run under Bill Belichick was the most incredible stretch in the history of professional football. But after only four episodes it is already clear a period that brought Patriots fans so much joy is being remembered quite differently in hindsight than it unfolded in reality.

“The Dynasty”​

In Episode 1 Robert Kraft discussed Belichick naming Tom Brady the starting quarterback even after Drew Bledsoe was cleared to return.
“I thought Drew (Bledsoe) was treated unfairly,” Robert Kraft stated 22 years later. The decision to be “unfair” would help Kraft’s franchise win six Super Bowls.

And when the Patriots narrowly lost a game to the St. Louis Rams, easily the most dominant team in the NFL at the time, Kraft concluded, “Watching the game, I felt that Bill (Belichick) had let us down.”
When the “Tuck Rule” was discussed in Episode 2, Kraft thanked God for the referee, Walt Coleman. There was no mention at all that Bill Belichick himself knew the Tuck Rule. New England’s coach knew it should be the Patriots’ ball, and why. Yet nobody thanked the man upstairs for the man in the hoodie.
Episode 3 crams all three Patriots Super Bowl wins from 2001-to-2004 into one chapter. The back-to-back titles in 2003 and 2004 are barely touched on. Bill Belichick’s genius game plan to beat the Rams in Super Bowl 36 is barely touched on. St. Louis coach Mike Martz does comment though, stating the Patriots got away with cheating in that game by holding and hitting players illegally, knowing that not everything could be called. So Belichick is not shown as a genius, but rather as a cheater. And that is before an entire episode devoted to the “Spygate” scandal.

Did Robert Kraft Protect Bill Belichick?​

Episode 4 is devoted exclusively to the 2007 season and the Spygate saga. Robert Kraft says he called Bill Belichick “a real schmuck” for cheating to get an advantage that only ranked one on a scale of 1-to-100. Kraft then states to the camera:

“Look, I was pissed with Bill (Belichick). But when you have division from within it can be very disruptive and dangerous. So, I protected Bill.”
Kraft goes on to explain that he protected Belichick by calling the NFL. Kraft wanted to protect Belichick’s reputation. So, he convinced the league to punish everyone, including the franchise, but not suspend Belichick. The Patriots coach was fined instead.
It is extremely unclear how any of this protected Bill Belichick’s reputation. It is even less clear how then speaking about doing this in a docuseries wouldn’t undo whatever previous protection was done. If Robert Kraft was truly trying to protect Bill Belichick in 2007, he certainly did not seem to care about doing so while this docuseries was being made.

Disadvantage, Belichick​

Belichick is put in an extremely difficult situation during the filming of the docuseries. Unlike others who can speak freely about their feelings and memories, Belichick was still employed by the New England Patriots while this was being filmed.

I asked “The Dynasty” director Matthew Hamachek about this imbalance to Belichick’s disadvantage. Hamachek had said about 70 people were interviewed for the series. I asked how many interviewees were employed by the New England Patriots while the interviews were being conducted.
“Less than five,” Hamachek responded.
The only non-Kraft employees shown so far have been Bill Belichick and Robyn Glaser. I wonder if Belichick would still stoically bite his tongue recounting certain aspects of his tenure if the interviews were conducted after he had “parted ways” with the franchise.

It has been noted by some in the Boston media that Belichick was reportedly not as generous with his time as others. I have to ask, why would he have been? He was not able to speak freely at the time, and the focus seemed to be on how horrible he was. In seven years (2001-to-2007) the New England Patriots won three Super Bowls and had the first 16-0 season in NFL history. Somehow 25% of coverage for that timespan is devoted to Spygate. Sprinkle in the owner calling the head coach a shmuck while claiming to want to protect said coach’s reputation.

Parting Ways​

Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots “parted ways” following the 2023 season. This docuseries makes it quite apparent Robert Kraft was planning to do so before the season even started. No chance the Patriots owner makes these comments about a man he planned to continue working with.

Kraft met the media alongside Belichick at a press conference following the firing of the winningest coach of the Super Bowl Era. All the right things were said.
“The man standing to my left brought the leadership and coaching skills that were needed to make the type of unprecedented success that we have had possible,” lauded Kraft. “Coach Belichick will forever be celebrated as a legendary sports icon in New England.”
It is tough for New England to celebrate a disloyal, unfair, schmuck though. Those are all descriptions of Bill Belichick from “The Dynasty” to date. And from what I’ve been told, the worst is yet to come. Hard to fathom these episodes being aired with Bill Belichick still employed by the Patriots. It is one thing to know one’s former employer badmouths them. It is quite another to have to walk into the office and face that co-worker daily.
Seems Robert Kraft knew while he spoke that would not be an issue for him and Bill Belichick. The New England Patriots owner cannot bear the burden of everything that is said or shown in “The Dynasty.” He is, however, responsible for what he says. What Kraft says makes it hard to imagine Bill Belichick coaching New England in 2024 was ever truly on the table.

Published
7 hours ago
on
February 26, 2024
By
Dan Kelley

Apple TV’s “The Dynasty” docuseries has released the first four episodes. It has shown a lot of important moments from the Patriots past. It covered Robert Kraft purchasing the team, the first three Super Bowl wins, the Super Bowl loss in 2007, and the Spygate saga. But the series also foretold the future of the team. Specifically the fate of Bill Belichick.
Tough to watch what has been said in “The Dynasty” and not conclude Bill Belichick was a dead man walking in 2023. What if last season’s squad had miraculously won the Super Bowl? Would “The Dynasty” have still been released? And if so, would Bill Belichick have wanted to stick around any longer?

New England’s run under Bill Belichick was the most incredible stretch in the history of professional football. But after only four episodes it is already clear a period that brought Patriots fans so much joy is being remembered quite differently in hindsight than it unfolded in reality.

“The Dynasty”​

In Episode 1 Robert Kraft discussed Belichick naming Tom Brady the starting quarterback even after Drew Bledsoe was cleared to return.
“I thought Drew (Bledsoe) was treated unfairly,” Robert Kraft stated 22 years later. The decision to be “unfair” would help Kraft’s franchise win six Super Bowls.

And when the Patriots narrowly lost a game to the St. Louis Rams, easily the most dominant team in the NFL at the time, Kraft concluded, “Watching the game, I felt that Bill (Belichick) had let us down.”
When the “Tuck Rule” was discussed in Episode 2, Kraft thanked God for the referee, Walt Coleman. There was no mention at all that Bill Belichick himself knew the Tuck Rule. New England’s coach knew it should be the Patriots’ ball, and why. Yet nobody thanked the man upstairs for the man in the hoodie.
Episode 3 crams all three Patriots Super Bowl wins from 2001-to-2004 into one chapter. The back-to-back titles in 2003 and 2004 are barely touched on. Bill Belichick’s genius game plan to beat the Rams in Super Bowl 36 is barely touched on. St. Louis coach Mike Martz does comment though, stating the Patriots got away with cheating in that game by holding and hitting players illegally, knowing that not everything could be called. So Belichick is not shown as a genius, but rather as a cheater. And that is before an entire episode devoted to the “Spygate” scandal.

Episode 4 is devoted exclusively to the 2007 season and the Spygate saga. Robert Kraft says he called Bill Belichick “a real schmuck” for cheating to get an advantage that only ranked one on a scale of 1-to-100. Kraft then states to the camera:

“Look, I was pissed with Bill (Belichick). But when you have division from within it can be very disruptive and dangerous. So, I protected Bill.”
Kraft goes on to explain that he protected Belichick by calling the NFL. Kraft wanted to protect Belichick’s reputation. So, he convinced the league to punish everyone, including the franchise, but not suspend Belichick. The Patriots coach was fined instead.
It is extremely unclear how any of this protected Bill Belichick’s reputation. It is even less clear how then speaking about doing this in a docuseries wouldn’t undo whatever previous protection was done. If Robert Kraft was truly trying to protect Bill Belichick in 2007, he certainly did not seem to care about doing so while this docuseries was being made.

Disadvantage, Belichick​

Belichick is put in an extremely difficult situation during the filming of the docuseries. Unlike others who can speak freely about their feelings and memories, Belichick was still employed by the New England Patriots while this was being filmed.

I asked “The Dynasty” director Matthew Hamachek about this imbalance to Belichick’s disadvantage. Hamachek had said about 70 people were interviewed for the series. I asked how many interviewees were employed by the New England Patriots while the interviews were being conducted.
The only non-Kraft employees shown so far have been Bill Belichick and Robyn Glaser. I wonder if Belichick would still stoically bite his tongue recounting certain aspects of his tenure if the interviews were conducted after he had “parted ways” with the franchise.

It has been noted by some in the Boston media that Belichick was reportedly not as generous with his time as others. I have to ask, why would he have been? He was not able to speak freely at the time, and the focus seemed to be on how horrible he was. In seven years (2001-to-2007) the New England Patriots won three Super Bowls and had the first 16-0 season in NFL history. Somehow 25% of coverage for that timespan is devoted to Spygate. Sprinkle in the owner calling the head coach a shmuck while claiming to want to protect said coach’s reputation.

Parting Ways​

Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots “parted ways” following the 2023 season. This docuseries makes it quite apparent Robert Kraft was planning to do so before the season even started. No chance the Patriots owner makes these comments about a man he planned to continue working with.

Kraft met the media alongside Belichick at a press conference following the firing of the winningest coach of the Super Bowl Era. All the right things were said.
“The man standing to my left brought the leadership and coaching skills that were needed to make the type of unprecedented success that we have had possible,” lauded Kraft. “Coach Belichick will forever be celebrated as a legendary sports icon in New England.”
It is tough for New England to celebrate a disloyal, unfair, schmuck though. Those are all descriptions of Bill Belichick from “The Dynasty” to date. And from what I’ve been told, the worst is yet to come. Hard to fathom these episodes being aired with Bill Belichick still employed by the Patriots. It is one thing to know one’s former employer badmouths them. It is quite another to have to walk into the office and face that co-worker daily.
Seems Robert Kraft knew while he spoke that would not be an issue for him and Bill Belichick. The New England Patriots owner cannot bear the burden of everything that is said or shown in “The Dynasty.” He is, however, responsible for what he says. What Kraft says makes it hard to imagine Bill Belichick coaching New England in 2024 was ever truly on the table.
Brilliantly said. The sheer naked imbalance in this "documentary" is almost comical.

Published
7 hours ago
on
February 26, 2024
By
Dan Kelley

“The Dynasty”​

Disadvantage, Belichick​

Parting Ways​

It should be obvious to everyone that BB's fate was sealed the day The Dynasty was announced with the trailer. There was no turning back after that.
The Krafts were dead set to fire Bill and then to decimate his legacy for the world to see, leaving them to soak up the glory alone.
That makes them little people with little character and little class in my mind. Screw them.

some pundits,fans etc. canonize tb for being such a great guy and despise bb for being a hardass and driving players away, not relating to them,etc. what they forget is that tb was as demanding of his teammates and as much of a hardass at times. he would just say nice things in the media while bb would say jack shit. think about all those times we watched tb berating receivers etc. he doesn't get the scorn bb does because of how he was to the media.

TeddyJ is Ted Johnson

Murph

@TMurph207

Did i just hear @Teddyjradio say on @NBCSBoston the Patriots need to go out and sign " The Middle Class " with all this cap money & #Felger agreed w him " Makes Sense to me " as that's the way to go ? you know the same thing they KILLED Belichick forever over ? #Patriots
Laugh So Hard Life Of The Party GIF by HULU

Kraft is pissed at Bill because it was Bill who told him that Brady was done which obviously wasn't the case as Brady went on to win a 7th ring with his new club. I think it's something that the Pats fanbase should hold against Bill, he really messed up there. It's much worse than the decision he made at SB52 to bench Malcom Butler.

whoopdedoo. Shula barely won anything.
Go back and look at his “undefeated” season. The combined winning percentages of his opponents that season was something like .420.

Shula won nothing with Marino, a major accomplishment.

If you want to talk about winning percentage, compare Shula's overall winning percentage to Bill's winning percentage.

Look, Bill cannot be considered the greatest coach of all time because of the Spygate scandal. He broke the rules in order to gain a competitive advantage which is obviously cheating. This was Bill's arrogance on display, he thought he could get away with breaking the rules.

Brady was the dynasty. Look at Bill's record without Brady, he is in reality a very average HC. He is a very good defensive coach, but overall pretty average HC.

Look what Brady did the following season when Bill let him go, he won a SB. Brady got the last laugh. Bill treated the QB that made him famous like garbage and he paid for it. Bill reaped what his sowed in his final years without Brady.

Last edited:
If you want to talk about winning percentage, compare Shula's overall winning percentage to Bill's winning percentage.

Look, Bill cannot be considered the greatest coach of all time because of the Spygate scandal. He broke the rules in order to gain a competitive advantage which is obviously cheating. This was Bill's arrogance on display, he thought he could get away with breaking the rules.

Brady was the dynasty. Look at Bill's record without Brady, he is in reality a very average coach. He is a very good defensive coach, but overall pretty average.

Look what Brady did the following season when Bill let him go, he won a SB. Brady got the last laugh. Bill treated the QB that made him famous like garbage and he paid for it. Bill reaped what his sowed in his final years without Brady.

:rofl: Good god, man, you're going to have to try way harder than that to successfully troll on this board!

Hard to see where they're going with the Hernandez episode. It's all Bill's fault that he turned into a murdering maniac?

I do remember when he and Gronk burst onto the scene. I know AH was a POS but from a football POV he was some player. He had it all, and if only he wasn't a psycho, you can imagine how good that offence would have been long-term.

Unreal.....they make Belichick look like a heartless fucker who didn't give a shit what happened and wanted to resist letting him go because he was a good football player. And Kraft appears like the kindly old rich stepdad trying his best to keep Aaron on the straight and narrow.

That's a full episode out of 8 dedicated to this, and surprise, surprise, nasty old Bill comes out of it looking very bad.

Brady was the dynasty. Look at Bill's record without Brady, he is in reality a very average HC. He is a very good defensive coach, but overall pretty average HC.

How long have you know Mazz?

Just STFU. Seriously. Go away.

Kraft is pissed at Bill because it was Bill who told him that Brady was done which obviously wasn't the case as Brady went on to win a 7th ring with his new club. I think it's something that the Pats fanbase should hold against Bill, he really messed up there. It's much worse than the decision he made at SB52 to bench Malcom Butler.
The Patriots were in cap hell in 2019, thanks to Brady’s cap hit. They weren’t going to do anything in 2020 because of that.

Last edited:

Listen, Arian, you clearly know nothing about Spygate if you spout this nonsense.

Unreal.....they make Belichick look like a heartless fucker who didn't give a shit what happened and wanted to resist letting him go because he was a good football player. And Kraft appears like the kindly old rich stepdad trying his best to keep Aaron on the straight and narrow.

That's a full episode out of 8 dedicated to this, and surprise, surprise, nasty old Bill comes out of it looking very bad.
I’m almost wondering if BB wasn’t informed an in on the direction this thing is going. Almost like “we are gonna paint you as the villian for the clicks/drama”
The anti Belichick slant is front and center.

Back