The Flop

theotherNE

Lurker coming out of the shadows
Reaction score
I wrote about this in the game thread, wondering if anyone else had noticed it or was able to get a screen cap or GIF of it, but here it is

One of the funniest things I have seen in a while, hahahaha

Same type of thing happened in Cleveland earlier this year, but I think this one is worse

drayton-florence-flop.gif

I wrote about this in the game thread, wondering if anyone else had noticed it or was able to get a screen cap or GIF of it, but here it is

One of the funniest things I have seen in a while, hahahaha

Same type of thing happened in Cleveland earlier this year, but I think this one is worse

drayton-florence-flop.gif

I can't see the GIF here but here is the Drayton flop if this is what you want.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/y3R13CVGGo4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I especially like the "jazz hands"...adds a nice touch. ROFL

I didn't think anything would top the 2 Giants players flopping at the exact same time, but he pulled it off. lol

Although this is good, I will always remember Florence for his remarkable headbutting skills. :doh:

I saw that while watching the game. I LOL'd

I took this flop over to my friends on the Buffalo Range forum.

One fairly astute poster pointed out that it was Drayton Florence on the flop and also Drayton Florence on the Brady Penalty off the interception:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/buffalo-bills/09000d5d8259a7a5/Bills-defense-INT

He suggests that Florence is engaged in some creative parody with this bizarre flop.

Personally, I'd like to believe it. It would be brilliant if it was pre-meditated.

Cheers, BostonTim

I took this flop over to my friends on the Buffalo Range forum.

One fairly astute poster pointed out that it was Drayton Florence on the flop and also Drayton Florence on the Brady Penalty off the interception:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/buffalo-bills/09000d5d8259a7a5/Bills-defense-INT

He suggests that Florence is engaged in some creative parody with this bizarre flop.

Personally, I'd like to believe it. It would be brilliant if it was pre-meditated.

Cheers, BostonTim

ROFL Good call. He pushed Brady about the same as he got pushed.

ROFL Good call. He pushed Brady about the same as he got pushed.

I have to admit, if that was a penalty, then they should just cut to the chase and put flags on the QBs.

I have to admit, if that was a penalty, then they should just cut to the chase and put flags on the QBs.

Yeah, that was a terrible call. The only way it makes any sense is if the ref only saw Brady go to the ground because the contact certainly didn't merit a flag.

The Patriots also go away with two blatant holds on their drive to go up 42-21 in the 4th.

Yeah, that was a terrible call. The only way it makes any sense is if the ref only saw Brady go to the ground because the contact certainly didn't merit a flag.

The Patriots also go away with two blatant holds on their drive to go up 42-21 in the 4th.
Reminded me of this Sports Pikle riff back in 09:

http://www.sportspickle.com/news/268/tom-brady-draws-emotionally-roughing-the-passer-penalty

Tom Brady Draws Emotionally Roughing The Passer Penalty
October 5, 2009

Baltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs was flagged for emotionally roughing Patriots quarterback Tom Brady yesterday after a hit left the star quarterback feeling upset and unloved.

“I didn’t care for that! I didn’t care for that one bit!” snapped Brady, stomping his foot as he pulled himself up off the ground. Moments later, official Tom Winter threw a flag, penalizing Suggs and the Ravens for an infraction never before called in organized football.

“The new rules in place make our job very clear as officials,” said Winter, explaining his call. “We are to protect the quarterback, especially star quarterbacks, and especially this star quarterback. Brady’s injury last year is what prompted all of these rule changes.”

Brady says Winter made the right call.

“I don’t think people understand how hard it is to be me. I’m coming back from a knee injury, my team is struggling, I have one child out of wedlock, another child on the way, very high-maintenance dogs to take care of, I’m expected to look stylish all the time and I have the stress of physically satisfying a woman millions of men around the world would love a shot at. And then when someone tackles me, well …” he said, tearing up. “It can be very, very hard, okay? It can be very hard on my psyche.”

Suggs said he had no intention of emotionally harming Brady, only sacking him and maybe creating a turnover.

“I wasn’t trying to emotionally rough the guy,” said Suggs. “Physically harming him would have been awesome, but all that touchy-feely emotional crap is what’s killing football. I just wanted to maim the guy.”

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell says he will examine the emotionally roughing the quarterback call and evaluate how it should be called in the future.

“I know this is a tough judgment call for our officials,” said Goodell. “And I don’t want to make their job any tougher than it is already. So I think what we’ll probably do is have Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Eli Manning all have the power to call this penalty themselves when they feel they have been emotionally harmed. That’s the only way to accomplish the true goal and spirit of the new rules we put in place.”
Unfair but very funny.

Cheers,BostonTim

Back