The Hats off to Tom Brady thread

I’ll tell ya Chevss, your day to day pats information and other breakdowns is unbelievable. I’m not trying to throw stones here.

But you are more biased towards BB than I am toward Brady.
Yes BB took three teams to Super Bowls in the early 2000s. I’d say though that that culture was here through guys that parcels drafted. BB took it got lucky on hitting on Brady and ran.
Its gonna take 5 years of pats teams finishing at .500 for you to change your mind. BB is a good defensive Q, an average at best coach, and a flat out awful talent evaluator at any position outside of The lines, and linebacker.. I’m so sorry that he’s going to be running the show indefinitely, because we are looking at mediocrity at best. Brady should still be here.
His evaluations of certain talents (Maroney, no doubt was a bust) but when he sees a solid player he goes for them, Revis, Gilmore etc. NO one could have seen Harry turning out this way, he was exceptional in college. Same with MIchel.

Imagine having to wait 5 years to vote Tom Brady into the NFL Hall of Fame.

Fantastic, incredible, and simply unprecedented in the NFL.

We knew he was the GOAT before he joined Tampa Bay, now he's simply adding layers of gold onto his resume'.

Didn't really matter to him did it, not winning the division. He went on two insanely tough road games and they won and once in the SB, all bets are off when Brady is there. He's too experienced in these games at this stage. Doesn't matter who he goes up against, if they're favourites or what.

Brady regular season (RS) winning percentage: .770 (230-69)
Brady post-season (PS) winning percentage: .755 (34-11)

Some other QBs with 20 or more post-season games, ordered by post-season winning percentage:

Bradshaw
RS: .677 (107-51)
PS: .736 (14-5)

Montana
RS: .713 (117-47)
PS: .695 (16-7)

Elway
RS: .642 (148-82-1)
PS: .667 (14-7)

Roethlisberger
RS: .677 (156-74-1)
PS: .591 (13-9)

Rodgers
RS: .666 (126-63-1)
PS: .550 (11-9)

Favre
RS: .624 (186-112)
PS: .541 (13-11)

P. Manning
RS: .702 (186-79)
PS: .519 (14-13)

I decided to include Bradshaw, even though he only played in 19 playoff games, because for half his career only four teams in each conference made the playoffs, so it was harder to get in, and one fewer round of playoff games were played. Notably, my 20 game minimum excludes Marino and Brees.

One more thing: Brady has said he intends to play in 2021. If he manages to get five wins, he will have more than twice as many regular season wins as Joe Montana. That could be one of his motivations to return.

It's embarrassing that Manning was even in the conversation of GOAT.

The only QBs that should be mentioned with Brady (in the Super Bowl era) are Bradshaw and Montana. Elway's post-season record at 14-7 is nice, but he was 7-7 until his last two years, when Terrell Davis arrived and carried the Broncos to two Super Bowls. Davis averaged 148 yards/game in the 1997 playoffs, and 156 yards/game in the 1998 playoffs.

If someone were to say that Otto Graham and Bart Starr deserve to be in the conversation, I wouldn't argue with them. However, I would point out that neither Graham nor Starr were winning championships when they were in their 40s.

It's embarrassing that Manning was even in the conversation of GOAT.
There was at least a debate to be had in the middle of Tom's 6 SBs with the Patriots, from the Mid-Noughties to the mid-Tens. At that stage, they were sharing the stats and Tom had 3 SBs to Manning's 1. Then Tom won the SB against the Hawks for number 4 and Manning hit back the following year and won number two with a different team.

I'm biased, I always had Tom as the better QB due to his clutch performances and his willingness to sacrifice himself for the team in a way Manning never would IMHO. But there was a genuine debate there for a while at least to be had. Once Tom did what he did V Atlanta though, there was clear daylight.

Last edited:
TAmpa bay defense was star of game . They did something amazing. Held maholmes in check all game. Didn't allow him to score a single TD

Back