The Hats off to Tom Brady thread

You know, something hit me today. Gordie Howe....Tom Brady has reached Gordie Howe territory. Gordy Howe...he played forever in the NHL, and was the best. He would score, assist, and fight (I'm not much into nhl fighting, but it was big then). A winner, and he was legendary. Tom Brady has reached that plateau. Tom Brady will live forever. He's the best, and might be the best, forever. Gordie Howe....Mr. Hockey. Tom Brady....Mr. Football.

I just think he really loves the game of football. I think it's as simple as that. He's addicted to the game, loves everything about it, loves the teammates, the lockerroom culture, all of it. And he's good at it so why give it up?

I don't see him as a coach even though he'd probably make a very good one. He wants to be on the field playing and I can imagine coaching just would be a huge step down in his eyes. So he wants to stay playing as long as he can. If he feels healthy and motivated, why stop? He's got 40 years when he hangs up the pads to sit back and reflect.

Ya he clearly just wants to keep winning until he can't anymore. He's worked his whole life to be the best and it probably doesn't sit right with him mentally to walk away if he stills believes he can win. It's not like he pulled a Peyton Manning, having his corpse dragged to a SB win. Tom threw 40 TDs this year lol and was prob in contention for MVP if you only look at the second half of the season.

The fact that he refuses to quit despite having 7 titles is exactly why he has 7 titles.

When is Kraft going to build a statue in from of the Razor for Brady.

Ranking Brady's SB wins

After mulling where Brady’s latest Super Bowl victory belongs, the choice was obvious.
Let’s see if you agree.

No. 1. Super Bowl LI​

Patriots 34, Atlanta Falcons 28 (OT) | Feb. 5, 2017, NRG Stadium in Houston

The skinny: Duh. It goes into the books as (do we even need to add “arguably” here?) the most memorable one-game comeback in American sports history and cements “28-3” as the most memorable in-game score in the history of mankind. Brady’s contribution was 43-for-62 passing for 466 yards and two touchdowns, except that nobody will remember these numbers. What they will remember is Brady leading New England’s second-half comeback as he carved up the Atlanta defense on two long fourth-quarter drives and made it look easy on a nine-play drive in overtime that ended with James White’s 2-yard run. Brady became the first player to be named Super Bowl MVP four times.

The quote: “He’s a great leader. We followed his lead. He was motivating us the whole game, even when we were down. He just willed us to another victory.” — James White

No. 2: Super Bowl XXXVI​

Patriots 20, St. Louis Rams 17 | Feb. 3, 2002, Louisiana Superdome

The skinny: The mighty Rams (14-point favorites!) had erased a 17-3 fourth-quarter deficit to tie the game 17-17 with 1:21 remaining in regulation. Then Brady, backed up to his own 17-yard line, authored his first championship-clinching drive. Brady (who threw for just 145 yards and one touchdown that day) completed 5-of-8 passes (including a 23-yarder to Troy Brown) to take the Patriots to the St. Louis 30. From there, Adam Vinatieri clinched New England’s first championship with a 48-yard field goal as time was running out. First Super Bowl MVP for Brady.

The quote: “And now with no timeouts I think that the Patriots, with this field position, you have to just run the clock out. You have to play for overtime now. I don’t think you want to force anything here. You don’t want to do anything stupid.” — Fox analyst John Madden, during the broadcast

No. 3: Super Bowl XLIX​

Patriots 28, Seattle Seahawks 24 | Feb. 1, 2015, University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Ariz.

The skinny: Malcolm Butler’s game-saving interception remains the single greatest play in Super Bowl history, but it was Brady’s take-charge approach in the fourth quarter that put the Patriots on top and kept them there. No team had ever won after erasing a 10-point deficit in the fourth quarter of a Super Bowl until Brady mounted his comeback against the Seahawks. Brady (37-for-50 for 328 yards, four touchdowns) rallied the Patriots from a 24-14 deficit by going 13-for-15 for 124 yards in the fourth quarter. He had two fourth-quarter touchdown passes, to Danny Amendola for 4 yards and then, with 2:02 remaining, Julian Edelman for 3 yards. Third Super Bowl MVP for Brady.

The quote: “He was no different than when we play catch in (Los Angeles), or in (offseason workouts), or in training camp. He’s cool, calm and collected. He’s the best. He gets everybody to play at a higher level. … He’s just the best quarterback. We all love playing for him.” — Amendola

No. 4: Super Bowl LV​

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 31, Kansas City Chiefs 9 | Feb. 7, 2021, Raymond James Stadium in Tampa

The skinny: Right? No matter what Brady did on Sunday, the Miracle of 28-3 will always be the No. 1 Brady Super Bowl. And the Pats’ victory over the St. Louis Rams will always be No. 2, partly because it was a huge upset but also because, well, you never forget your first time. And that stunning turnaround against Seattle in Super Bowl XLIX? That’s a Forever Stamp of a No. 3 for Brady. So, yes, yes, absolutely, yes, that leaves No. 4 as the perfect landing spot for Brady’s performance against the Kansas City Chiefs. Brady was 21 for 29 passing for 201 yards three touchdowns — two of them to former Patriots teammate Rob Gronkowski. It was the first of his seven Super Bowl titles that came by more than a 10-point margin. The big stat of the night? No, it was not that Brady completed 80 percent of his passes and threw three touchdown passes in the first half, something that had never happened in a Super Bowl half. It’s this: Tom Brady is 43 years old. That’s 43 years old and at the very top of his game. That’s it, right there. The man is 43 years old. Lordy.

The quote: “I think we knew this was going to happen, didn’t we?” — Tom Brady

No. 5: Super Bowl XXXVIII​

Patriots 32, Carolina Panthers 29 | Feb. 1, 2004, Reliant Stadium in Houston

The skinny: This was one of the most exciting Super Bowl finishes in history at the time. There were four lead changes in the fourth quarter, and the Patriots and Panthers combined for a record 37 points in the final frame. Still, it sits in fifth place based on everything that would come later in Brady’s career. Brady outdueled Jake Delhomme and won his second Super Bowl MVP award by completing 32-of-48 passes for 354 yards and three touchdowns. Every time the Panthers mounted a threat, Brady responded. He again came up big in the game’s final drive, completing four passes for 47 yards to set up Vinatieri’s game-winning 41-yard field goal.

The quote: “The guys made some great catches there on that last drive. And Adam drove that sucker right down the middle to win it. What a game. Fitting for the Super Bowl, I guess.” — Brady

No. 6: Super Bowl LIII​

Patriots 13, Los Angeles Rams 3 | Feb. 3, 2019, Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta

The skinny: Critics will forever note that this was not the Brady of old, but, rather, an old Brady. The 41-year-old did, after all, put up pedestrian numbers: 21-of-35 yards passing for 262 yards, no touchdowns and an interception on the first possession to wipe away a promising drive. But in a game that had just one touchdown, it was Brady, in the fourth quarter, who completed four straight passes to Gronkowski (18 yards), Julian Edelman (13 yards), Rex Burkhead (7 yards) and Gronkowski again (29 yards) to set up Sony Michel’s 2-yard TD run that clinched Brady’s sixth title.

The quote: “Sometimes (it comes down to) making the most plays. We moved the ball decent. We just couldn’t get the points on the board for one reason or another, but in the end it feels a lot better than last year when we did get some points on the board.” — Brady, pointing out the obvious, which is that scoring 13 points and winning Super Bowl LIII was more fun than scoring 33 points and losing Super Bowl LII.

No. 8: Super Bowl XXXIX​

Patriots 24, Philadelphia Eagles 21 | Feb. 6, 2005, Alltel Stadium in Jacksonville, Fla.

The skinny: This was the game that cemented the Patriots as a dynasty and launched Brady into a new level of the NFL stratosphere. It marked three Super Bowl wins in four years, an accomplishment only the Dallas Cowboys (1992-95) had achieved before. On a night when Brady was 23-for-33 for 236 yards and two touchdowns, his primary target was Super Bowl MVP Deion Branch, who caught a record 11 passes for 133 yards. He didn’t get into the end zone, but Brady connected with him on all of New England’s scoring drives, including passes of 8, 27, 15 and 21 yards on a drive that ended with a 2-yard pass to Mike Vrabel to give the Pats a 14-7 lead.

The quote: “I just don’t think I should be compared with guys like Montana and Young and Marino at this stage of my career. They’ve done a lot more than I have. All I can tell you is that we have a great group of guys on this team. That’s why we’ve been able to do some great things. I’m just a quarterback here and I’m proud of that. I love leading the offense. I love breaking the huddle and being a captain here.” — Brady

You know, something hit me today. Gordie Howe....Tom Brady has reached Gordie Howe territory. Gordy Howe...he played forever in the NHL, and was the best. He would score, assist, and fight (I'm not much into nhl fighting, but it was big then). A winner, and he was legendary. Tom Brady has reached that plateau. Tom Brady will live forever. He's the best, and might be the best, forever. Gordie Howe....Mr. Hockey. Tom Brady....Mr. Football.
I loved Gordie. Saw him numerous times in the old Garden back in the day. He was so Badass. But imo, you just can't mention him in the same sentence with Tom.

Cheers

Ranking Brady's SB wins

After mulling where Brady’s latest Super Bowl victory belongs, the choice was obvious.
Let’s see if you agree.

No. 1. Super Bowl LI​

Patriots 34, Atlanta Falcons 28 (OT) | Feb. 5, 2017, NRG Stadium in Houston

The skinny: Duh. It goes into the books as (do we even need to add “arguably” here?) the most memorable one-game comeback in American sports history and cements “28-3” as the most memorable in-game score in the history of mankind. Brady’s contribution was 43-for-62 passing for 466 yards and two touchdowns, except that nobody will remember these numbers. What they will remember is Brady leading New England’s second-half comeback as he carved up the Atlanta defense on two long fourth-quarter drives and made it look easy on a nine-play drive in overtime that ended with James White’s 2-yard run. Brady became the first player to be named Super Bowl MVP four times.

The quote: “He’s a great leader. We followed his lead. He was motivating us the whole game, even when we were down. He just willed us to another victory.” — James White

No. 2: Super Bowl XXXVI​

Patriots 20, St. Louis Rams 17 | Feb. 3, 2002, Louisiana Superdome

The skinny: The mighty Rams (14-point favorites!) had erased a 17-3 fourth-quarter deficit to tie the game 17-17 with 1:21 remaining in regulation. Then Brady, backed up to his own 17-yard line, authored his first championship-clinching drive. Brady (who threw for just 145 yards and one touchdown that day) completed 5-of-8 passes (including a 23-yarder to Troy Brown) to take the Patriots to the St. Louis 30. From there, Adam Vinatieri clinched New England’s first championship with a 48-yard field goal as time was running out. First Super Bowl MVP for Brady.

The quote: “And now with no timeouts I think that the Patriots, with this field position, you have to just run the clock out. You have to play for overtime now. I don’t think you want to force anything here. You don’t want to do anything stupid.” — Fox analyst John Madden, during the broadcast

No. 3: Super Bowl XLIX​

Patriots 28, Seattle Seahawks 24 | Feb. 1, 2015, University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Ariz.

The skinny: Malcolm Butler’s game-saving interception remains the single greatest play in Super Bowl history, but it was Brady’s take-charge approach in the fourth quarter that put the Patriots on top and kept them there. No team had ever won after erasing a 10-point deficit in the fourth quarter of a Super Bowl until Brady mounted his comeback against the Seahawks. Brady (37-for-50 for 328 yards, four touchdowns) rallied the Patriots from a 24-14 deficit by going 13-for-15 for 124 yards in the fourth quarter. He had two fourth-quarter touchdown passes, to Danny Amendola for 4 yards and then, with 2:02 remaining, Julian Edelman for 3 yards. Third Super Bowl MVP for Brady.

The quote: “He was no different than when we play catch in (Los Angeles), or in (offseason workouts), or in training camp. He’s cool, calm and collected. He’s the best. He gets everybody to play at a higher level. … He’s just the best quarterback. We all love playing for him.” — Amendola

No. 4: Super Bowl LV​

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 31, Kansas City Chiefs 9 | Feb. 7, 2021, Raymond James Stadium in Tampa

The skinny: Right? No matter what Brady did on Sunday, the Miracle of 28-3 will always be the No. 1 Brady Super Bowl. And the Pats’ victory over the St. Louis Rams will always be No. 2, partly because it was a huge upset but also because, well, you never forget your first time. And that stunning turnaround against Seattle in Super Bowl XLIX? That’s a Forever Stamp of a No. 3 for Brady. So, yes, yes, absolutely, yes, that leaves No. 4 as the perfect landing spot for Brady’s performance against the Kansas City Chiefs. Brady was 21 for 29 passing for 201 yards three touchdowns — two of them to former Patriots teammate Rob Gronkowski. It was the first of his seven Super Bowl titles that came by more than a 10-point margin. The big stat of the night? No, it was not that Brady completed 80 percent of his passes and threw three touchdown passes in the first half, something that had never happened in a Super Bowl half. It’s this: Tom Brady is 43 years old. That’s 43 years old and at the very top of his game. That’s it, right there. The man is 43 years old. Lordy.

The quote: “I think we knew this was going to happen, didn’t we?” — Tom Brady

No. 5: Super Bowl XXXVIII​

Patriots 32, Carolina Panthers 29 | Feb. 1, 2004, Reliant Stadium in Houston

The skinny: This was one of the most exciting Super Bowl finishes in history at the time. There were four lead changes in the fourth quarter, and the Patriots and Panthers combined for a record 37 points in the final frame. Still, it sits in fifth place based on everything that would come later in Brady’s career. Brady outdueled Jake Delhomme and won his second Super Bowl MVP award by completing 32-of-48 passes for 354 yards and three touchdowns. Every time the Panthers mounted a threat, Brady responded. He again came up big in the game’s final drive, completing four passes for 47 yards to set up Vinatieri’s game-winning 41-yard field goal.

The quote: “The guys made some great catches there on that last drive. And Adam drove that sucker right down the middle to win it. What a game. Fitting for the Super Bowl, I guess.” — Brady

No. 6: Super Bowl LIII​

Patriots 13, Los Angeles Rams 3 | Feb. 3, 2019, Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta

The skinny: Critics will forever note that this was not the Brady of old, but, rather, an old Brady. The 41-year-old did, after all, put up pedestrian numbers: 21-of-35 yards passing for 262 yards, no touchdowns and an interception on the first possession to wipe away a promising drive. But in a game that had just one touchdown, it was Brady, in the fourth quarter, who completed four straight passes to Gronkowski (18 yards), Julian Edelman (13 yards), Rex Burkhead (7 yards) and Gronkowski again (29 yards) to set up Sony Michel’s 2-yard TD run that clinched Brady’s sixth title.

The quote: “Sometimes (it comes down to) making the most plays. We moved the ball decent. We just couldn’t get the points on the board for one reason or another, but in the end it feels a lot better than last year when we did get some points on the board.” — Brady, pointing out the obvious, which is that scoring 13 points and winning Super Bowl LIII was more fun than scoring 33 points and losing Super Bowl LII.

No. 8: Super Bowl XXXIX​

Patriots 24, Philadelphia Eagles 21 | Feb. 6, 2005, Alltel Stadium in Jacksonville, Fla.

The skinny: This was the game that cemented the Patriots as a dynasty and launched Brady into a new level of the NFL stratosphere. It marked three Super Bowl wins in four years, an accomplishment only the Dallas Cowboys (1992-95) had achieved before. On a night when Brady was 23-for-33 for 236 yards and two touchdowns, his primary target was Super Bowl MVP Deion Branch, who caught a record 11 passes for 133 yards. He didn’t get into the end zone, but Brady connected with him on all of New England’s scoring drives, including passes of 8, 27, 15 and 21 yards on a drive that ended with a 2-yard pass to Mike Vrabel to give the Pats a 14-7 lead.

The quote: “I just don’t think I should be compared with guys like Montana and Young and Marino at this stage of my career. They’ve done a lot more than I have. All I can tell you is that we have a great group of guys on this team. That’s why we’ve been able to do some great things. I’m just a quarterback here and I’m proud of that. I love leading the offense. I love breaking the huddle and being a captain here.” — Brady
Flip-flops #2 and #3 for me. SB 36 was incredible in so many ways, from the fact it was the first, to the magnitude of the upset. But if we're ranking them based on Brady, he was so much more instrumental in putting the team on his back and orchestrating the comeback against Seattle in SB 49. From a Brady-factor, I place it #2.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Attachments

• DA3C9876-C6E5-4BA6-BCC9-02F6CE602E4C.jpeg
    DA3C9876-C6E5-4BA6-BCC9-02F6CE602E4C.jpeg
    22.4 KB · Views: 20
  • F31E8A5E-EDCE-4254-95A6-9ACC27FD694D.jpeg
    F31E8A5E-EDCE-4254-95A6-9ACC27FD694D.jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 20
is that max kellerman tweet one real? i feel like it could be!

I do too but I don't know.
Here's another non-believer dweeb

Etq-0tWXMAkJH-P

Back