TipRoast

Recall all the dreams that you once used to know
Reaction score
A maze of twisting little passages, all different
Last edited:

Muse

Paleface
Reaction score
I'm very new to this genre. I will be going through the thread but until I have time to do so can you guys give me your top three of who I should check out?

TipRoast

Reaction score
I'm very new to this genre. I will be going through the thread but until I have time to do so can you guys give me your top three of who I should check out?
It can be hard to recommend music sometimes, as not only do tastes differ, but how positively/negatively a song is perceived can depend on the mood of the listener at the time.

But I'll take a chance anyway, and recommend that you listen to the song that was posted in post #47:

And if you don't like it, then you're dead to me.

:beer:

Last edited:

Muse

Paleface
Reaction score
It can be hard to recommend music sometimes, as not only do tastes differ, but how positively/negatively a song is perceived can depend on the mood of the listener at the time.

But I'll take a chance anyway, and recommend that you listen to the song that was posted in post #47:

And if you don't like it, then you're dead to me.

:beer:
It turns out I am not dead to you. 😎

TipRoast

Reaction score
It turns out I am not dead to you. 😎
You asked for three recommendations - for my other two, I suggest you check out post #6 in this thread.

Or you could listen to some Grover Washington Jr. See post #10 for studio version of Mr. Magic.

The live version is here:

If you like the live version, then check out Sausalito from that same live album - post #67.

Muse

Paleface
Reaction score
You asked for three recommendations - for my other two, I suggest you check out post #6 in this thread.

Or you could listen to some Grover Washington Jr. See post #10 for studio version of Mr. Magic.

The live version is here:

If you like the live version, then check out Sausalito from that same live album - post #67.
I did? LOL I belive ya. I am familiar with GW Jr by name before now. I did enjoy, it was smooth to listen to. Thank you Tip. Will check out the others.

TipRoast

Reaction score
I did? LOL I belive ya. I am familiar with GW Jr by name before now. I did enjoy, it was smooth to listen to. Thank you Tip. Will check out the others.
Please let me know what you think of Manu DiBango's Wakafrika song.

I was at a Perl Conference in San Jose in the late 1990s (or maybe the year 2000) when I first heard it. It was played during one of the breaks between sessions in the main hall, and while it was playing I went up to the A/V guy and asked him if he knew who it was. He knew the name of the artist and the album of the top of his head, and as I was writing it down I noticed a couple of other people in earshot also making notes.

Muse

Paleface
Reaction score
Please let me know what you think of Manu DiBango's Wakafrika song.

I was at a Perl Conference in San Jose in the late 1990s (or maybe the year 2000) when I first heard it. It was played during one of the breaks between sessions in the main hall, and while it was playing I went up to the A/V guy and asked him if he knew who it was. He knew the name of the artist and the album of the top of his head, and as I was writing it down I noticed a couple of other people in earshot also making notes.
I truly enjoyed this @TipRoast