The NFL Draft, 2022

F'ing Patricia.

I don't care if Strange is Logan Mankins. Mankins wasn't worth it either. Absolutely terrible to go guard there.

Some homers blindly defend anything. Pats haven't been good since 2018. No-name stiffs like NKeal Harry and JoeJuan Williams were massive busts. In the case of Strange I do think he'll be good at his job but it's still an insanely bad decision to overdraft a guy by 50 picks too early.

The Bills put up 47 points on the Patriots in the playoffs and never punted all game, and the defense continues to have massive holes everywhere.

F'ing Patricia.

I don't care if Strange is Logan Mankins. Mankins wasn't worth it either. Absolutely terrible to go guard there.

Some homers blindly defend anything. Pats haven't been good since 2018. No-name stiffs like NKeal Harry and JoeJuan Williams were massive busts. In the case of Strange I do think he'll be good at his job but it's still an insanely bad decision to overdraft a guy by 50 picks too early.

The Bills put up 47 points on the Patriots in the playoffs and never punted all game, and the defense continues to have massive holes everywhere.
BB could have traded down again at 29...picked up more picks...and still draft Strange. This is my big beef. It's the value of it.

Turnaround for sure. Caserio was a problem which is why BB let him go to the Texans.

Not an aberration. Last year was the first year of Groh and Wolf having influence on the draft. A very good sign. Needless to say I'm really glad in the recent house cleaning in the front office from the clowns who can now go ruin the Raiders or Texans over time.

Over drafting a guard by two rounds for a hole Belichick created sure doesn't seem to be looking like it is rectifying the trend.

...they projected Strange in the sixth round. :coffee:

When the Pats picked Duron Harmon, a lot of places had him going late on, yet as time has gone on, turns out a couple other teams were sniffing around Harmon around that pick.

Sebastian Vollmer was projected to go much later than the 2nd round

Both those guys went on to have excellent careers in New England, I have faith that Chase Strange will be just like Harmon and Vollmer, a pick that people questioned at the time, but ended up being a great pick

JD had a good draft. Filled holes at CB, WR & Edge and he still has an early 2nd round pick.
On paper it does look good, we'll see how it turns out. No one really knows who had a good draft until 2-3 years down the road. I think the jury is still out on the Pats and last year's draft even though most claim they killed it. I'm not worried about Mac but I want to see what steps Barmore and Stevenson make this year, and if Perkins can make an impact this year.

On paper it does look good, we'll see how it turns out. No one really knows who had a good draft until 2-3 years down the road. I think the jury is still out on the Pats and last year's draft even though most claim they killed it. I'm not worried about Mac but I want to see what steps Barmore and Stevenson make this year, and if Perkins can make an impact this year.
This is true. In JD I trust! Lol

They overpaid Wynn? They haven't given him anything beyond the CBA-mandated rookie contract that he's currently on. They picked up his 5th year option, but that isn't an "overpay" because there's no market to negotiate in; it's a fixed salary based on the position of the player.
You don't know what you're talking about, they voluntarily picked up his 5th year option for over 10 million dollars.

BB could have traded down again at 29...picked up more picks...and still draft Strange. This is my big beef. It's the value of it.
maybe no one wanted the pick? pretty sure pats draft bingo always has a space on the card for "drafting some dude few have heard of who is from a small school"...😄

The Biggest Loser of the 1st round IMO is LAMAR JACKSON.

Let me explain. Jackson lost his No. 1 wide receiver Marquise Hollywood Brown in a trade to the Cardinals leaving the Ravens with jags Rashod Bateman and Devin Duvernay as his top receivers. Then Baltimore drafted ND S Kyle Hamilton and Iowa C Tyler Linderbaum in the first round. Worthy picks but what about a WR?

Jackson is due for a huge extension but these moves reinforce my belief that the Ravens' FO isn't on board with handing over a huge contract to Jackson.

The Biggest Loser of the 1st round IMO is LAMAR JACKSON.

Let me explain. Jackson lost his No. 1 wide receiver Marquise Hollywood Brown in a trade to the Cardinals leaving the Ravens with jags Rashod Bateman and Devin Duvernay as his top receivers. Then Baltimore drafted ND S Kyle Hamilton and Iowa C Tyler Linderbaum in the first round. Worthy picks but what about a WR?

Jackson is due for a huge extension but these moves reinforce my belief that the Ravens' FO isn't on board with handing over a huge contract to Jackson.
why the hell would they want to extend him????

You seem angry about something, that, if I had to guess, has nothing to do with the draft or this discussion forum, and it's clearly bleeding into your posting.

Maybe take it easy for a bit. Nothing I said solicited that level of nastiness.
Seems like there's one in every forum on the internet. Comes on with nasty guns blazing and when someone says maybe chill he launches the nukes.

Back