The NFL Draft, 2022

And I said...that drafting another WR is still a need. No one filled Edelman's void. BB doesn't want another Moss apparently. :coffee:

Skyy!

There are lots of Slot prospects in this draft.
Olave, Wilson, Metchie, Skyy, Dotson, Calvin Austin, WanDale Robinson, Khalil Shakir and for a sleeper Kalil Pimpleton

Another effort by Lazar. This time he drafted a CB, Booth, at 21. A great player at a need...Makes great sense to me.

Metchie is apparently a 3rd-4th rnd value to PFF but he'd be a good slot receiver for us no matter where he's drafted. However, taking Metchie in the 2nd rnd made him lose out on a day 2 LB which is the same problem I keep having in these mocks. So maybe take a LB in the 2nd rnd and grab a better value slot guy in the 4th. There will be some decent slot guys at that spot in the 4th but there won't be a LB you want. That's the real value of doing these mocks to me - what position to take in which rnd.

Zach Tom keeps showing up in mocks I've seen & the pick always comes up with a poor grade.
I don't get the continued attraction.

The players he lists at the bottom are UDFAs he likes.

View: https://twitter.com/ezlazar/status/1512201085796167683

Last edited:
From PFF for BSF who likes Skyy Moore a lot.
(The 1st is way too early.)

WR Skyy Moore, Western Michigan

The 5-foot-10, 195-pound wide receiver may be on the shorter side, but he’s not small. Moore also measured in with bigger hands (10.25 inches) than any wide receiver in attendance at the 2022 NFL Scouting Combine.

Moore’s “where he wins” section from lead draft analyst Mike Renner in the PFF Draft Guide reads: “In a class with some seriously shifty wideouts, Moore would be my bet to win if they all played tag. He’s not only shifty, but he’s also so strong he’s unaffected by an outstretched arm.”

That’s reflected in his FBS-high 26 missed tackles forced after the catch in 2021. You can line him up in the slot or on the outside, and he can contribute immediately as an after-the-catch weapon.

Moore is worth a late first-round selection, especially if there’s a run on wideouts before receiver-needy teams such as the Kansas City Chiefs, Green Bay Packers and Detroit Lions pick late in Round 1.

Another effort by Lazar. This time he drafted a CB, Booth, at 21. A great player at a need...Makes great sense to me.

Metchie is apparently a 3rd-4th rnd value to PFF but he'd be a good slot receiver for us no matter where he's drafted. However, taking Metchie in the 2nd rnd made him lose out on a day 2 LB which is the same problem I keep having in these mocks. So maybe take a LB in the 2nd rnd and grab a better value slot guy in the 4th. There will be some decent slot guys at that spot in the 4th but there won't be a LB you want. That's the real value of doing these mocks to me - what position to take in which rnd.

Zach Tom keeps showing up in mocks I've seen & the pick always comes up with a poor grade.

I think the bad grades for Zach Tom might have to do with pff projecting him to IOL instead of tackle.

Not thrilled with this mock. No LB taken, why?

From PFF for BSF who likes Skyy Moore a lot.
(The 1st is way too early.)

WR Skyy Moore, Western Michigan

The 5-foot-10, 195-pound wide receiver may be on the shorter side, but he’s not small. Moore also measured in with bigger hands (10.25 inches) than any wide receiver in attendance at the 2022 NFL Scouting Combine.

Moore’s “where he wins” section from lead draft analyst Mike Renner in the PFF Draft Guide reads: “In a class with some seriously shifty wideouts, Moore would be my bet to win if they all played tag. He’s not only shifty, but he’s also so strong he’s unaffected by an outstretched arm.”

That’s reflected in his FBS-high 26 missed tackles forced after the catch in 2021. You can line him up in the slot or on the outside, and he can contribute immediately as an after-the-catch weapon.

Moore is worth a late first-round selection, especially if there’s a run on wideouts before receiver-needy teams such as the Kansas City Chiefs, Green Bay Packers and Detroit Lions pick late in Round 1.
Watson would be good. The guy from Boise State looks decent. Maybe even the Melton guy from Rutgers. BB should get Slade as an UDFA...maybe even try to get that TE Woods and move him around?

I only do it because he's rated at a certain pick and he almost always drops. The Center in Kentucky does too.

Tom is listed from 270 to 304 lbs. That's a lot of difference in between. Kinda crazy.

I only do it because he's rated at a certain pick and he almost always drops. The Center in Kentucky does too.

Tom is listed from 270 to 304 lbs. That's a lot of difference in between. Kinda crazy.
You think that's bad, try drafting Velus Jones, and Haskins the RB is moving up the board too

Back