The NFL Needs a Villain...and the Pats are THE Villain.

Big/Sky/Fly

370hssv vw6!s tu36v
Reaction score
Back in the day, the Stealers and Raiduhs were the villains. You could even say the Cowturds when Jimmy Johnson was the coach.

Ever since the Pats started clocking rings, the torch was passed to the Pats.

The NFL needs the Pats!

Embrace the hate!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GkE4KE81UTU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think the Rams Saints game just gifted you all some love.

Actually, Saints and Patriots fans have been kindred spirits for several years now, and typically we root for each other to succeed.

I am glad that the no call in the Saints game didn't happen in the Pats v. Chiefs. Can you imagine the outcry if pats won because of that blatant non-call?
The Brady roughing the passer was a bad call but you an make a case for ref who threw it assumed more happened then it did from his angle.

I think the Rams Saints game just gifted you all some love.

Actually, Saints and Patriots fans have been kindred spirits for several years now, and typically we root for each other to succeed.

With Bountygate the Saints and their fans understood first hand what the Patriots/fans went through with Spygate. Both episodes were impacted by the NFL flexing its muscles illogically - making mountains out of molehills followed by punishments that were way over the top. Then Deflategate happened and the Saints leadership and fans aligned with the Patriots/fans against RGoodell's heavy handed "leadership" which used flawed investigations and lies in both Bountygate and Deflategate. Tommy's right in that we cheer for each other's success.

I am glad that the no call in the Saints game didn't happen in the Pats v. Chiefs. Can you imagine the outcry if pats won because of that blatant non-call?
The Brady roughing the passer was a bad call but you an make a case for ref who threw it assumed more happened then it did from his angle.

People keep saying that. I don't understand why. This is the rule in question:

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-video-rulebook/roughing-

"In covering the passer position, Referees will be particularly alert to fouls in which defenders impermissibly use the helmet and/or facemask to hit the passer, or use hands, arms, or other parts of the body to hit the passer forcibly in the head or neck area (see also the other unnecessary roughness rules covering these subjects)."

Here is the hit:

https://youtu.be/8SRk1XkFkhU

Remember, it's head or neck area. Not just head or neck, otherwise there'd be no need for the added word. Can anyone possibly imagine why, after the last couple of years, clubbing a QB in the collarbone would be disallowed and a point of emphasis? (*cough*AR*cough*)

He deliberately used his arm to forcibly club the QB in the head or neck area. The hit is definitionally roughing the passer, and was called correctly. We may not like the rules which baby the QB, but they are what they are. It may be a bad rule, but that was not a bad call.

If you want to talk about a penalty that should not have been called, how about that pass interference on Jackson which at most should have been an illegal contact, and was an uncatchable ball?

Plaschke has always hated everything Boston related. He's an idiot who was insufferable on "Around the Horn"(which I haven't watched in years, not even sure he's still on it).

well, the Cs have relentlessly owned the Lakers over the decades. The Sox just bitch slapped the Dodgers. Beating LA never gets old.

Meh for all the wrong reasons. Only because they are good. People are a bit tired of it. But to me a villain was the Saints in 09 with their bounty gate shit with all the late hits on Favre. Also why I don’t feel overly bad they lost to the Rams on a blown call. That’s sports.

Meh for all the wrong reasons. Only because they are good. People are a bit tired of it. But to me a villain was the Saints in 09 with their bounty gate shit with all the late hits on Favre. Also why I don’t feel overly bad they lost to the Rams on a blown call. That’s sports.

Maybe that's that's sports when the call AGaINST A TEAM YOU Hate immediately goes to the list of worst (non)calls evah.

Maybe that's that's sports when the call AGaINST A TEAM YOU Hate immediately goes to the list of worst (non)calls evah.

Ya I also hate the Saints for beating the Colts in the Super Bowl. But that’s my own demons to live with. I’m over it now........Peyton and that BLOODY PICK!!!!! WHY!!!!!!!!!! Why would you throw that....... oh god..... I’m not over it at all :(

Ya I also hate the Saints for beating the Colts in the Super Bowl. But that’s my own demons to live with. I’m over it now........Peyton and that BLOODY PICK!!!!! WHY!!!!!!!!!! Why would you throw that....... oh god..... I’m not over it at all :(

He had so many in Colts' playoff games, why choose only one?

People keep saying that. I don't understand why. This is the rule in question:

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-video-rulebook/roughing-

"In covering the passer position, Referees will be particularly alert to fouls in which defenders impermissibly use the helmet and/or facemask to hit the passer, or use hands, arms, or other parts of the body to hit the passer forcibly in the head or neck area (see also the other unnecessary roughness rules covering these subjects)."

Here is the hit:

https://youtu.be/8SRk1XkFkhU

Remember, it's head or neck area. Not just head or neck, otherwise there'd be no need for the added word. Can anyone possibly imagine why, after the last couple of years, clubbing a QB in the collarbone would be disallowed and a point of emphasis? (*cough*AR*cough*)

He deliberately used his arm to forcibly club the QB in the head or neck area. The hit is definitionally roughing the passer, and was called correctly. We may not like the rules which baby the QB, but they are what they are. It may be a bad rule, but that was not a bad call.

If you want to talk about a penalty that should not have been called, how about that pass interference on Jackson which at most should have been an illegal contact, and was an uncatchable ball?

He hit Brady's facefask, too.

So you're saying they need a bad guy?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9wfgH_ngpEk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He had so many in Colts' playoff games, why choose only one?

RUDE!

That one was a stinger because it was in the Super Bowl on a drive that could have tied the game..... I can't think about it anymore. I've already lost too many nights of sleep over it.

Back