Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I am willing to give him even MORE time to figure shit out

Votes: 48 60.0%
  • He's legitamately hurt (LMFAO)

Votes: 4 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Steve1 said:
I wasn't talking to any one particular person when I posted that....I was just remembering how in 1989, at a game, a snot-nosed kid kept yelling at Hart Lee Dykes, and saying stupid negative things about him, from about the 3rd row behind the Pat's bench. It was stupid, because don't we want to have the Pats players feel good about themselves, so they give their all for the team?

Funny how somebody posted kindof seriously "don't call me a dick"!

Anyway, I wish Chad Jackson well, and I hope he becomes the vital threat in the passing game, that we have been waiting to see.....

Anyway, it's only words (I heard that said the other day, and I thought it kind of sums up what happens sometimes...we all get pissed off about silly thngs!)

I've gotta admit though, I was looking pregame on Sunday at Gillette to see if number 17 was out with the team practicing (Chad Jackson), and I was glad to see he was. But he didn't play much...

I sure hope he's ready in two freakin weeks!

Whatever, I really didn't mean to snap on you. I guess this little poll is my way of trying to light a fire under his ass. It's not that I don't like the kid and don't think he has potential...it's that I DO like him and KNOW he has potential...I want his ass in there...I KNOW what the difference in this offense would be with him there and it would be HUGE!!!!!!! Some may disagree but IMHO if Jackson plays...he doesn't even need to catch one single ball and we run over other teams scoring in the 30's and 40's.

Either way, lets hope I don't have to bump this thread in 12 days...but seeing how he's spending the bye week in Florida and NOT at Gillette working out, getting treatment and STUDYING THE PLAYBOOK...I have a feeling it might get bumped.

:cool:

sonsofkraftybob said:
Either way, lets hope I don't have to bump this thread in 12 days...but seeing how he's spending the bye week in Florida and NOT at Gillette working out, getting treatment and STUDYING THE PLAYBOOK...I have a feeling it might get bumped.

:cool:
I was thinking the same thing but hopefully he can get his head cleared, have some shit thrown his way from some old friends for not dressing and playing well and come back ready to roll I will be happy

oh yeah and the addition of Moss will take the pressure off :thumb:

Poor Play calling on Offense

#22Samuel said:
Listened to BB on Patriots Monday yesterday. He was giving Chad a lot of credit for working hard. He said Chad had not been plaing so much because of the way the games had turned out. They have some plays prepared for Chad and the match-ups just hadn´t turned out in a way that favored those plays. BB was expecting Chad to have a break out game soon.

Tough to judge anything on offense except I miss Charlie Weiss so much. The play calling on offense is to me the biggest issue with the Pats.

Up the middle, all long balls. What happened to the percentage passes with screens and dunks we did to win the three Super Bowls. As another Poster mentioned in a previous posting we had very few receivers making an impact in Super Bowl 36.

Brady has been extremely week to his standards but he would be alot better with better play calling that works to the strengths of the running back. We kept trying to Run Maroney up the middle.
We are on the far left hand side of the field and try and run Maroney with two feet on the left when a call to the right side could have given him an open field if he could break the first line of defense.

I don't buy the mistakes and reasons Brady gives. He came in for Bledsoe and did better from the start. Jackson dropped a gimmie but Brady is getting poor helpf from the line with tipped balls and
the runs are up the middle with the wrong back each time.

Tom and the receivers will be fine. Not sold on Chad Jackson until he can catch better than pop warner. That was a sad sad drop he made. Total lack of concentration from the looks of several replays. But the play calling and lack of a changed game plan against Denver are my concerns. Brady will be fine, but how do you improve lack of imagination on calling the offense?

<<
I guess this little poll is my way of trying to light a fire under his ass.
>>

What you think he has time to read internet message boards ? ROFL

Not.

He's not a bust at this point and you are severely overreacting to claim that. Very few receivers no matter what # draft pick they were chosen with do well in their rookie year. Its typically not until the 2nd or 3rd year they usually become effective.

Add in he missed the entire preseason of playing time. Just studying the playbook is not enough. You need active reps on the field with the other players around you to get things down. You need those reps to translate to real life what you see on paper.

The 6-foot-1-inch, 215-pound Jackson, who was one of the fastest receivers available in the draft, acknowledged that he's heard some criticism lobbed in his direction, including charges that he isn't committed to football.

"I don't listen to it," he said. "I heard there has been a lot of stuff said out there about us [as receivers] and about me personally. Everyone has their own opinion, but they don't know the truth that goes on here on the field and in the locker room."

Jackson said learning the offense hasn't been a problem, and the only thing holding him back is his health.

"I'm fine with the offense right now, I have no problems with it," he said. "They just keep adding on stuff and I keep on picking it up. So if they keep doing it, I'll be fine with the offense."

-Globe 10/11

harrisonhits said:
<<
I guess this little poll is my way of trying to light a fire under his ass.
>>

What you think he has time to read internet message boards ? ROFL

Not.

]

I never said I thought he could READ....period.

j/k

In my own little way, in my own little world, I was trying to light a fire under his ass.

BTW, how come you can never quote "normally"? You stuff always has a couple arrows instead.

Looks like I'm not the only one who thinks the Pats moved up in the draft for Jackson to contribute now and not the future...

Boston Herald
October 16, 2006
John Tomase

2. Get Chad Jackson involved

The Patriots didn’t trade up in the second round to nab Jackson because they hoped he’d be good in three years. They envisioned someone who could contribute as a rookie. There’s still time. Belichick is the master of turning a weakness into a strength over the course of a season (see last year’s secondary as the most recent example). The Pats will have to coach up Jackson over the next few weeks to make him a viable option come playoffs, but all the skills are there. He’s the fastest receiver on the team and also the most aggressive when his head is on right. He admitted last week to being flummoxed by the speed of the game; things should slow down with familiarity. Jackson has already had his desire questioned on multiple occasions. If that’s truly an unfair criticism, as he believes, he’ll be able to prove it shortly.

mikiemo83 on 10-16-2006 at 02:43 PM said:
NO shit he is a bust - what did he do this past weekend - no catches, heck he never saw the field

I hear he wasn't even active yesterday, and didn't dress. WTF?

mikiemo83 on 10-16-2006 at 02:43 PM said:
NO shit he is a bust - what did he do this past weekend - no catches, heck he never saw the field
I bet you can copy and paste that sentence in exactly 7 days!

The Big Lebowski on 10-16-2006 at 03:03 PM said:
As soon as he gets on the field I am starting the "Official Chad jackson is a Patriots Hall of Famer Thread" thread.

ROFL

He has only been on the field for six or seven plays. He has a TD and four catches. Not exactly a bust.

Not every draft pick quickly emerges as a starter, we are just used to it happening, ala, Asante Samuel, Ty Warren, etc... Maybe a little patience is in in order before we ship him away.

HomelessJoe on 10-10-2006 at 10:34 AM said:
I dont consider ANY rookie a bust until after their second season. Jackson could sit out the rest of this season and I'd still give him a pass till I see what he does next season

Agreed. It'd be nice to have him contribute to the depth of the team this year, but it's not fair for us to expect him to jump in as the go-to guy this quickly.

<<
how come you can never quote "normally"? You stuff always has a couple arrows instead.
>>

I don't like to use the quote button because when people start quoting lengthy posts, and lengthy responses, you get page after page of megalong quotes when usually I'm responding to one small point or another.

Its much easier to copy and quote this way, old school style.

<<
I never said I thought he could READ....period.
>>

You did get a laugh out of me with that one. Just call him Rohan.

harrisonhits on 10-17-2006 at 04:32 PM said:
I don't like to use the quote button because when people start quoting lengthy posts, and lengthy responses, you get page after page of megalong quotes when usually I'm responding to one small point or another.
FWIW, you could still use the quote button, and then delete the stuff that you're not responding to, (kind of like how I did with your post).

Just a suggestion.
________
Honda NSR250R

<<
you could still use the quote button, and then delete the stuff that you're not responding to
>>

Yes I'm well aware of that. I usually spend more time deleting stuff than copying 1 line and pasting it in. For me this is much more efficient.

harrisonhits on 10-17-2006 at 05:12 PM said:
Yes I'm well aware of that. I usually spend more time deleting stuff than copying 1 line and pasting it in. For me this is much more efficient.
Ah, now I get it. I guess you're faster at copying and pasting than me, and I'm faster at deleting than you.
________
Honda CR-Z

Back