So I take it they caught Michael, brainwashed him and sent him back!

WOW

Now introducing....

SHERIFF MICHAEL: MARTIAL LAW
SUPREME JUDGE AND JURY
STATE OF HAWAII

"Don't break the law in my state, or I'll singlehandedly kill you off my #&*(@$) show, beeyatch!"

:bang:

Actually, I think Henry is the real leader of the Others, and Michael was told by the Others, "Go back and free our leader, or you'll never see your kid again."

At least Ana-Lucia got to get her freak on with Kid Rock--er, I mean, Sawyer--before buying the farm. Poor Libby didn't... unless she's not dead yet, of course. (Notice in the teaser for next week they only said "she's" dead... and, besides, if Libby dies, we don't get to find out why she was in the nuthouse and we don't get to see Hurley remember that he saw her in there.)

2 things:

1. Very convenient they knock off both the drunk drivers in the cast.

2. I got a good chuckle out of the title of this episode. "Two for the Road". An obvious dig at the drunk driving issues.

gotta sleep on the rest.

Can someone post a brief synopsis of the highlights? My flight was late getting into Logan yesterday and I got home a few minutes after the episode had finished. :banghead:

I have figured out that Ana Lucia was killed by Michael and Libby was also shot. Besides those couple of bumps in the road, anything else important happen? Do we know why Michael shot them or is it just speculation at this point?

after getting the combo to the "cell" he shot anna and the other chick, opened the door to Henry looked him in the eyes and shot himself in the arm it appears - freeing Henry it appears but one never knows.

the highlights of next week makes you think Anna is dead and Michael is alright but no mention of Libby or Henry. shows a lot of Michael doing crazy things, possibly Eko next from a fall

Here's my one-eyed synopsis (I was also on the computer at the time)...

Ana-Lucia went into the "jail cell" to bring Henry some food and--of course, cause she's a bitch--taunt him a bit. Henry responded by leaping into action and trying to choke her to death. It was foiled by a well-placed crutch-shot to the back of the head by Locke. While attempting to kill her, Henry told her the Others were basically only picking people they thought were "worthy". He said that the guy Ana-Lucia killed wasn't necessarily trying to kill her (but, as usual with Henry, we don't know if he's full of shit or not). Later, Locke asked him why he didn't try to kill Locke, and Henry said Locke was one of the good ones, and that Henry's mission--when he got captured by the Frenchwoman--was actually to come to the hatch and "get" Locke (kidnap, I assume).

In Ana-Lucia's backstory, we learned that her mom knew Ana-Lucia offed the guy who shot her. Ana-Lucia then met Jack's dad in a bar, and Jack's dad asked her to come to Australia as his bodyguard. They used fake names, so she doesn't know it was Jack's dad. In the flashback, they drive out to the boonies and he tries to force his way into a woman's house, apparently because she was his mistress and had a child by him and took off to Down Under, and now he wants to see the kid. He said to Ana-Lucia, in a nutshell, that they were miserable SOBs and should go drink some more, and she said, "No." (This is where the audience goes, "Ah ha! She's trying to turn her life around. This must mean she'll be dead in 28 minutes...")

Hurley decided he wanted to take Libby on a romantic picnic, but he was pretty inept on the task, getting them lost and then ending up back at their own beach, where he promptly forgot blankets to lie on. Libby went back to get them.

Michael awoke and told them that the Others live in tents, there are only about 22 of them, they seem to have no guns, and he saw no kids or captives (no sign of Walt). He also said they have a hatch (which got Locke's attention).

Ana-Lucia was none too happy about being choked, so put it in her mind to "off" Henry. Needing a gun, she asked Sawyer, who told her to pound sand. Later, she followed him into the jungle, but he heard her following him. There was a confrontation, and she tried to take his gun from him by force, and--as always happens, at least in my life when a chick is trying to mug me--they got their freak on in the jungle.

Jack decided it was time to get the guns back from Sawyer so they could go after Walt. He, Kate, and Locke went to confront Sawyer. Jack pulled a gun on Sawyer and said "give us the guns", and Sawyer went for his own gun and realized Ana-Lucia had snagged it during their little sexcapade. Locke realized Ana-Lucia was going to shoot Henry.

Ana-Lucia went in and gave Henry a knife and told him to cut himself loose (apparently so she could shoot him in an "escape" attempt). But she couldn't shoot him. Michael woke up, heard her tale of woe ("we have an Other, he tried to kill me, I want to kill him, but I couldn't", blah blah blah). Michael said, "Let me do it." She handed him the gun. He said, "I'm sorry," then blew her away. Libby walked in holding the towels and he shot her too. Then he walked to the cell and opened it: Henry got up, they stared at each other, Michael pointed the gun at him... and then turned it on himself instead.

Judging by next week's teaser, he apparently shoots himself in the left shoulder (I assume to make it look like Henry did it all and escaped). It seems like either a.) he was brainwashed, or b.) the Others told him to free Henry or he'd never see Walt again. However, the promo also showed Michael in what looked like the cell, and they also showed Ana-Lucia dead and Kate saying, "She's dead" (not "they're dead"), so I'm wondering if it turns out Libby was only gut-shot and lived (or lived long enough) to tell them that Michael did it.

I'm sure I left stuff out.

there was some boring background info on Ana Lucia, she came to Australia running from being caught shooting that guy when she was a cop - hooked up with Jack's dad and went drinking, got out of that when Jack's dad lost his temper with a woman and attacked her

we see her in line at the airport when Jack was trying to get them to let his dad's coffin on the plane - Jin was in that line also

Ana Lucia banged Sawyer to steal his gun to kill Henry - but changed her mind on the killing Henry part

Michael told Jack & Kate the others camp out on the beach, live in tents, wear rags and have access to their own hatch - which is probably where they keep the kids, since he didn't see any. He only saw a couple of guns, and the others are mostly women; wants to go back with everyone and the guns to get Walt.

Jack, Kate and Locke went to get the guns from Sawyer, leaving Ana alone with Henry -
Michael shooting everyone is pretty much speculation right now.

I know alot of people are using DVR's now and probably skip the commercials. Last night while fast-forwarding through, I noticed a shot of ALvar Hanso. I rewound and stuck in between commercials is a Hanso Foundation commercial that gives a phone number. 1-877-HANSORG. It's like a 20 second commercial about building a better tomorrow, yada yada yada.

I've called it several times but it's always busy. Has anyone else called and gotten through?

This show is whacked!

Michael is either being blackmailed or brainwashed.

Kate knows that Michael is full of shit though...when he was talking about them living like animals with rags on and stuff she looked like "WTF are you talking about?"

She knows that that stuff is is just costumes.

Mr. Ecko better not die, I'll be pissed.

Libby lives and tells on Michael but she isn't believed because Hurley finally remembers her from the loony bin.

Ok, so I just visited www.hansofoundation.org

They've made some changes over there. You can view the TV ad from last night on there, except right now, it doesn't include the phone number.

Another thing, if you try to signup for the newsletter, once you enter your name it will ask if you can read this. Once you say yes, it says: "Okay, it's me, persephone. Enter the password"

Not having a password, I just entered the combination to the cell from last nights episode. it didn't work and it then tells you to call the callcenter in the TV ad section. Except there is no number to call. The 1-877-HANSORG number is still just a busy signal too.

Anyone else notice what Henry said when he grabbed Anna Lucia.

He said "you killed two of us. Good people who were leaving you alone".

Now I know the one guy she killed with the stick in the jungle.

Other then that, she killed the guy back in the States, and Shannon. Am I missing someone else?

Now the guy in the States actually shot her, so I think the "Good people who where leaving you alone" part doesn't apply to her.

I also know that Shannon was in Australia though off hand I don't remember if they show her on the plane.

Could they possibly be alluding to the fact that Shannon or the other guy were one of the others???

Everybody catch Sawyer in the AL flashback? I thought that was a nice touch.

I guess we all saw this coming but Michael is still a POS anyway. Interesting to note he looked fine after shooting AL but all upset after Libby. I'd say there's a good chance she's an other. I guess that means she won't rat him out if she lives. Shame too, I was hoping Sayid and Ecko would get to go to work on his traitorous ass next week. ;)

The Big Lebowski said:
Ok, so I just visited www.hansofoundation.org

They've made some changes over there. You can view the TV ad from last night on there, except right now, it doesn't include the phone number.

Another thing, if you try to signup for the newsletter, once you enter your name it will ask if you can read this. Once you say yes, it says: "Okay, it's me, persephone. Enter the password"

Not having a password, I just entered the combination to the cell from last nights episode. it didn't work and it then tells you to call the callcenter in the TV ad section. Except there is no number to call. The 1-877-HANSORG number is still just a busy signal too.

password = breaking strain

Last night's episode was supposed to have the first clue for the on-line game, anyone get it or hear more about the launch?

JD10367 said:
In Ana-Lucia's backstory, we learned that her mom knew Ana-Lucia offed the guy who shot her. Ana-Lucia then met Jack's dad in a bar, and Jack's dad asked her to come to Australia as his bodyguard. They used fake names, so she doesn't know it was Jack's dad. In the flashback, they drive out to the boonies and he tries to force his way into a woman's house, apparently because she was his mistress and had a child by him and took off to Down Under, and now he wants to see the kid.

I've been reading this forum for months, but this is the first time responding.

I wonder which person on the island Jack's dad was trying to see in Australia last in last nights episode. Who's mother was that? Claire?

EMerckx69 said:
I've been reading this forum for months, but this is the first time responding.

I wonder which person on the island Jack's dad was trying to see in Australia last in last nights episode. Who's mother was that? Claire?

That's my gut reaction. Claire and Jack are Bro and sis.

Welcome aboard!!!!!:wave:

The Big Lebowski said:
She also killed a female early on when we first met the tailies. I believe she killed the person that was carrying the list with all their names on it.

Really,

I thought that was someone Echo or what ever his name is killed.

I've been putting them on DVD. I will go back and check! You might be right! That will suck though. I thought I finally picked up on something few others did!

May 5th press release

HANSO FOUNDATION ADVERTISING CAMPAIGN BECOMES GLOBAL PHENOMENON

ADVERTISEMENTS IN UNITED KINGDOM, UNITED STATES AND AUSTRALIA EXCEED
EXPECTATIONS

(May 5, 2006) The Hanso Foundation, a world-leader in social and
scientific research, announced today that its call centers were
overwhelmed due to the massive global response received from its new
ad campaign ?Reaching Out for a Better Tomorrow? which aired during
the television show Lost. Steps have been taken to correct problems
that occurred during the burgeoning response to the advertisements.

?First, we need to apologize to those individuals who could not
access our call centers due to the overwhelming response we received
to our advertising campaign, ?Reaching Out for a Better Tomorrow?,?
said Hugh McIntyre, Director of Communications for the Hanso
Foundation. ?We certainly are thrilled with the international hunger
for information about the amazing projects we are working on. In all
fairness, the response we received is due in large part to the high
ratings garnered by Lost. Our advertising dollars were well spent, so
you can expect the Hanso Foundation to advertise again on ABC, United
Kingdom?s Channel 4 and Australia?s Seven Network.?

The Hanso Foundation is committed to securing a brighter future for
all humanity by fostering social and scientific programs designed to
further the cause of human development. The advertisements provided
contact information for those interested in learning more about the
passion, dedication and mission behind the Foundation.

Projects supported by the Hanso Foundation include: the Mathematical
Forecasting Initiative, the Worldwide Wellness and Prevention
Development Program, the Educational Outreach Imperative, the
Electromagnetic Research Initiative, the Institute for Genomic
Advancement, and the Life-Extension Project.

About the Hanso Foundation
The Hanso Foundation stands at the vanguard of social and scientific
research for the advancement of the human race. For forty years, the
foundation has offered grants to worthy experiments designed to
further the evolution of the human race and provide technological
solutions to the most pressing problems of our time.

?From the dawn of our species, Man has been blessed with curiosity.
Our most precious gift, without exception, is the desire to know more
- to look beyond what is accepted as the truth and to imagine what is
possible.? Alvar Hanso, Address to the U.N. Security Council, 1967
Media Contact: Hugh McIntyre (206)
861-5017/Hugh.McIntyre@thehansofoundation.org

Back