The Official Real Life Happens PP Member Support Thread

Lots going on this thread. Sending all the love and good thoughts I can muster.

Update on my stuff...

Just to review, when I was in Ohio in February, the 3rd week I was there, I got sick. Coughing, fever, thought it was bronchitis and I still lean that way. I've had weird pressure in the area of my gallbladder and went to my Dr the last week of February. CV-19 was still pretty raw then. I had a CAT scan on my entire midsection which revealed bacterial infections in my lower abdomen and small intestine and black "dots" or pullups on my lungs. He said it didn't look like Cancer, and the radiologist thinks it's more infection. Of course, the word cancer has had me crapping myself ever since. He asked if I had been sick recently, and I told him about 2 weeks prior to the test while I was in Ohio.

My Dr put me on an antibiotic and we did a follow-up CAT Scan last week on my lungs and at the follow-up today he said it's definitely not cancer but we're doing a PET scan just to be sure that I am indeed cancer-free.

So I brought up my being sick again and that now we know more about it, how some people have had lasting issues with their lungs and did I perhaps have CV-19 but being generally healthy, I just got over it on my own and he says he and his wife were talking about that and which patients, based on symptoms they've had this year, and that they can't rule it out.

So from here, we still don't know what the deal is near my Gallbladder and I have more tests coming up, but it's possible, I did have this and have the marks on my lungs from it.

Yesterday,I dug up 5 Mulberry Tree stumps, cut the lawn and came in the house feeling like I just ran a marathon, so something is definitely off. The reason for the PET Scan is to rule out Metastatic cancer, which he said could be a possibility, but still didn't look like it. I'm going to request the Antibody test for CV-19 when I set up the other tests

Update on my stuff...

Just to review, when I was in Ohio in February, the 3rd week I was there, I got sick. Coughing, fever, thought it was bronchitis and I still lean that way. I've had weird pressure in the area of my gallbladder and went to my Dr the last week of February. CV-19 was still pretty raw then. I had a CAT scan on my entire midsection which revealed bacterial infections in my lower abdomen and small intestine and black "dots" or pullups on my lungs. He said it didn't look like Cancer, and the radiologist thinks it's more infection. Of course, the word cancer has had me crapping myself ever since. He asked if I had been sick recently, and I told him about 2 weeks prior to the test while I was in Ohio.

My Dr put me on an antibiotic and we did a follow-up CAT Scan last week on my lungs and at the follow-up today he said it's definitely not cancer but we're doing a PET scan just to be sure that I am indeed cancer-free.

So I brought up my being sick again and that now we know more about it, how some people have had lasting issues with their lungs and did I perhaps have CV-19 but being generally healthy, I just got over it on my own and he says he and his wife were talking about that and which patients, based on symptoms they've had this year, and that they can't rule it out.

So from here, we still don't know what the deal is near my Gallbladder and I have more tests coming up, but it's possible, I did have this and have the marks on my lungs from it.

Yesterday,I dug up 5 Mulberry Tree stumps, cut the lawn and came in the house feeling like I just ran a marathon, so something is definitely off. The reason for the PET Scan is to rule out Metastatic cancer, which he said could be a possibility, but still didn't look like it. I'm going to request the Antibody test for CV-19 when I set up the other tests

Be well.

Cheers

Hope everyone are well, as are friends, and family, are well.

Please remember mental health patients,during this time are going to suffer. Make sure everyone reaches out to those who may be vulnerable suffering due to non covid19 related illness, ie depression and everything in between including addiction.

~Dee~

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

Update on my stuff...

Good news for the most part.. keep us posted.

~Dee~

Update on my stuff...

Wishing you clean results on the future tests.

PS. I have never run a marathon but have experience digging up just one tree stump (let alone 5) and I found it exhausting, so more power to you.

PS. I have never run a marathon but have experience digging up just one tree stump (let alone 5) and I found it exhausting, so more power to you.

How’s everything going AOT? I was asking in the rep but I unfortunately hit the wrong button. Seem to be happening to me a lot lately lol.

~Dee~

hoping it all works out but remember in this state of lockdown, what you could do a month ago is no longer the same as we become more sedentary

How’s everything going AOT? I was asking in the rep but I unfortunately hit the wrong button. Seem to be happening to me a lot lately lol.

~Dee~
I am wondering this also.

These are Mulberry trees. The roots don't go deep, they go off to the sides so it's a lot of digging to find them and then cutting them and thanks!

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

hoping it all works out but remember in this state of lockdown, what you could do a month ago is no longer the same as we become more sedentary

I am wondering this also.

True that - I really need to clean my backroom out and break out the old P90 vids

Thursday, my brother called me from back in Buffalo, where my 87 yr old mother has been in a nursing home for the past few years with Alzheimer's tested positive for Covid. Symptoms are mild, her temperature is just under 100, and a slight cough.

Yesterday she was diagnosed with Pneumonia on top of it and her oxygen levels dropped drastically so they have her on Oxygen. Her blood sugar is unstable and they are keeping her sedated but at her age and situation, I'm not optimistic.

Sucks that the first person I've encountered with this is my mother...

Just totally sucks
From HipKat this AM over on the P & R.

I had to put this guy down yesterday. I found this picture of him here in one of my albums on PP. He had just turned three earlier that month and was carrying around the gift Santa brought him.

picture.php

He would have been 16 this December.

I had to put this guy down yesterday. I found this picture of him here in one of my albums on PP. He had just turned three earlier that month and was carrying around the gift Santa brought him.

picture.php

:( Tears. I'm so very sorry.

picture.php

Oh dear. He's clearly a Good Boy.

Condolences.

Back