The Official Real Life Happens PP Member Support Thread

I almost completely forgot, but Monday is exactly 1 year from when my wife left for good. I guess I'm sort of emotionless about it. There are negative memories for this weekend because when she left, she did so by sending me an email while I was at home cooking her Valentine's dinner since she was (so I thought) on the way home from her grandparents'.

I have a date this weekend but specifically chose not to schedule it for tonight in favor of hanging out with some friends (I just bought Donkey Kong Jenga!). I'm looking forward to a nice VD in the future, but I'll skip this one and just try to make better memories this weekend than 365 days ago.

I almost completely forgot, but Monday is exactly 1 year from when my wife left for good. I guess I'm sort of emotionless about it. There are negative memories for this weekend because when she left, she did so by sending me an email while I was at home cooking her Valentine's dinner since she was (so I thought) on the way home from her grandparents'.

I have a date this weekend but specifically chose not to schedule it for tonight in favor of hanging out with some friends (I just bought Donkey Kong Jenga!). I'm looking forward to a nice VD in the future, but I'll skip this one and just try to make better memories this weekend than 365 days ago.

Which VD's are the nice ones? :coffee:

shirtsleeve - tho you said that you don't need it, I need to express my condolences for your loss. Much good advice has been put forth here. You need to be able to grieve - sounds like you are getting the chance to do so. New grand-daughter will certainly be helpful.

Gina

Moose - enjoy your evening with your friends, and have fun on your date.

Gina

shirtsleeve - tho you said that you don't need it, I need to express my condolences for your loss. Much good advice has been put forth here. You need to be able to grieve - sounds like you are getting the chance to do so. New grand-daughter will certainly be helpful.

Gina

Thank you. I am back to work, and this is no place to grieve. So I come here looking to change the subject, so to speak, and try to have some distraction. So I don't dwell.

I have to say that being welcomed here after Paul passed away has helped me through the grieving process.

Gina

I have to say that being welcomed here after Paul passed away has helped me through the grieving process.

Gina
glad we could help, it can be a special place.

I was lucky to meet Paul, granted it sucked why, we were in Jeff's room while he was down the hall. He busted my stones as much in person as he did here. Seemed he knew when i needed the reality slap. Crazy how i can miss a man i met once but conversed with often on line. Thank you for staying around.

glad we could help, it can be a special place.

I was lucky to meet Paul, granted it sucked why, we were in Jeff's room while he was down the hall. He busted my stones as much in person as he did here. Seemed he knew when i needed the reality slap. Crazy how i can miss a man i met once but conversed with often on line. Thank you for staying around.

This is a special place. I remember Paul telling me he had met you - when I visited him in the evening after work. He enjoyed this board so much and this got passed on to me.

Gina

Shirt: So Sorry for your loss. Hang in there. I've watched loved ones die miserably and it changes your outlook, you adjust and you move on and live your life. There's no other choice. In time the pain subsides somewhat. I don't think it ever goes away but I always know those I've lost wouldn't want me spending the rest of my life grieving either. It makes you value your loved ones all that much more. Look forward, not back.

This is a special place. I remember Paul telling me he had met you - when I visited him in the evening after work. He enjoyed this board so much and this got passed on to me.

Gina

Gina,

Even though I was a newbie year years ago...Paul was awesome. Always had something funny or sarcastic to say!! LOL He welcomed me like we were old friends. Being a Pats fan here and other places, I have met some of the BEST people, and they are my crazy Pats family. That I would not change for anything :)

Please keep my brothers daughter in everyones thoughts. She had a miscarriage last July and today would have been her due date. Her and her husband are having a tough time.

So mental illness (mostly depression) runs in my family. Until recently (maybe 2 years ago), I hadn't given it much thought but since then I've started to feel like it impacts me too.

Good news: After some research and analyzing my own situation, I definitely feel like I've identified sources of some of my own struggles and have a better idea of what drives them.

Bad news: I have no idea how to cope with or overcome it.

Stupid brain.

So mental illness (mostly depression) runs in my family. Until recently (maybe 2 years ago), I hadn't given it much thought but since then I've started to feel like it impacts me too.

Good news: After some research and analyzing my own situation, I definitely feel like I've identified sources of some of my own struggles and have a better idea of what drives them.

Stupid brain.
You need to get a job at a sporting goods store, and then watch Debbie Does Dallas...This is a cure all. :coffee:

Seriously I hope you figure shit out. Depression sucks.....

Stupid brain.

Going on the internet is not the same as a diagnosis. If you feel like you might have issues with depression AND it runs in your family, then talk to a professional. Don't self-diagnose.

Going on the internet is not the same as a diagnosis. If you feel like you might have issues with depression AND it runs in your family, then talk to a professional. Don't self-diagnose.

Oh, ya, I understand that.

I guess what I meant to say is that for a long time I regarded certain things as dumb personality traits rather than potential characteristics of an actual problem. Research helped me identify certain triggers/habits/problems (ie. rumination/OCD) that made me realize there's likely something more serious going on, and thus it's worth exploring (ie. with a professional).

I have access to an e-Counseling service through work so I'm trying that for now. No idea how helpful it can/will be though.

Oh, ya, I understand that.

I guess what I meant to say is that for a long time I regarded certain things as dumb personality traits rather than potential characteristics of an actual problem. Research helped me identify certain triggers/habits/problems (ie. rumination/OCD) that made me realize there's likely something more serious going on, and thus it's worth exploring (ie. with a professional).

I have access to an e-Counseling service through work so I'm trying that for now. No idea how helpful it can/will be though.

Good choice and it can't hurt. Good luck and the the delicate balance of he brain chemistry is quite amazing.

~Dee~

My good friend and neighbor Dan, passed away yesterday from stage 4 lung cancer. He fought one hell of a fight, was diagnosed 1 year ago and lived every day to beat it. It would of put a lesser man down 6 months ago. Leaves 4 kids, all under 11 and a wonderful wife. Please hug your wife and kids today, you just never know what will happen.

Back