The Official Super Bowl LI Game Thread - Patriots v Falcons

I'm literally shaking here.

Me too. I'm going to have some whisky to help me sleep. Thankfully, I booked (what is now) today off work.

---------- Post added at 04:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 AM ----------

Holy crap. Brady pre-recorded a new version of that stupid Shields MRI commercial with the 5th ring.

Hat tip to you. You got the strategy right in the game thread.

Wow guys I have nothing to add. I have no words for what I watched. I am not sure we can ever ask for anything again. You just witnessed something that is never going to happen again. Party hard and be happy, you deserve it.

Wow guys I have nothing to add. I have no words for what I watched. I am not sure we can ever ask for anything again. You just witnessed something that is never going to happen again. Party hard and be happy, you deserve it.

No words can really explain this...so amazing!

I am just having ALL THE FEELS right now, for all the many reasons that you all know and understand. I LOVE THE PATS AND ALL MY PLANET PEEPS!!!! wuv

I think the game started to turn after you posted in here. :)

Funnily enough this game is the one where they had the highest margin of victory of all of them lol

Holy crap. Brady pre-recorded a new version of that stupid Shields MRI commercial with the 5th ring.

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/202405729?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
<p><a href="https://vimeo.com/202405729">RogerThat_30.43_5th_Ring_WIP02_ProRes</a> from <a href="https://vimeo.com/user57468804">Shields Health Care</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Defense hell of a job, no comeback happens without them stopping the other team. That was a hell of an offense you held to 7 in the second half

You all do know that at some point, I'm gonna have to bring up the fact that I had more faith in the Pats then most of you, right? LOL.
Congrats CONE!

Been sick, slept through the whole thing, O.Z.O. Jr. woke me up with it. NFL Network is doing a rebroadcast at 1:30, recording it and going to watch it later.

All the haters can now shut up and shut up forever.

You all do know that at some point, I'm gonna have to bring up the fact that I had more faith in the Pats then most of you, right? LOL.
Congrats CONE!

We are naturally pessimists in the city of New England for the most part. Hard to reconcile with all the success sometimes.

Thanks Yak.

Congrats CONE!

You had nothing on the line, we were a bit distraught to be talking about comebacks that have never happened in NFL history.

The way I saw that game, the Falcons arrived super fired up and energized. After they landed some great body blows and it looked like the game could easily get out of hand, they bought into their own exultation way too early. As the Pats relentlessly kept on coming and started closing in, Atlanta had already punched themselves out and could not regain their initial warp speed. They must not have listened to the part about "playing for 60 minutes." IMO, that was NE's trump card: they came ready to tough it out for the entire time. Atlanta was already sending themselves congratulatory selfies before the last bell rung. Gotta play the entire game guys, not just until you start smelling a rout. Turned out, that wasn't what they were smelling.

And sooooooooo sweet to watch B&B essentially ignore Der Komish as they all stood around on the podium.

Was it all worth it? Yes.

Patty* +1

This feels SOOOO good!!

Been sick, slept through the whole thing, O.Z.O. Jr. woke me up with it. NFL Network is doing a rebroadcast at 1:30, recording it and going to watch it later.

All the haters can now shut up and shut up forever.

Sorry you are sick man. You took some flack in this thread, but I hope you do not let it get to you, and I hope others realize that your pre-game predictions were from the heart and to not give you any more grief for them.

Feel better, enjoy the replay.

Back