The Official WestWorld Thread

OK, so what did we learn?

Westworld is on an island, and that island is somewhere near China or Korea.

I couldn't tell exactly what country the Asian soldier was from at the beach, but China or Korea is my best guess.

Of course that raises the obvious question.

There is no island in that part of the world that has the terrain we see in the show.

So was the geography constructed as well as the hosts?

Page 3?

This show is getting wild.

They're playing games with different timelines again, only Bernard is the multiple time character, as far as I can tell.

OK so we know there are at least 6 parks.

We've seen WestWorld, RajWorld and SamuraiWorld. I'm going to make an assumption that RomanWorld is one of the other 3 based on the original movie.

Any Speculation on what the other 2 might be?

OK so we know there are at least 6 parks.

We've seen WestWorld, RajWorld and SamuraiWorld. I'm going to make an assumption that RomanWorld is one of the other 3 based on the original movie.

Any Speculation on what the other 2 might be?

Well Duh, Patriots World. :coffee:

Well Duh, Patriots World. :coffee:

Thanks for the early morning chuckle. wuv

This last episode was cool. I had not known there would be more worlds so this opens up a heck of a lot of opportunities. I loved the line where the actor said roughly it's hard to write 300 story lines in a short amount of time.

And AH is back, we suspected that would be the case and with his character arch was hoping for it. Yay.

Holy fracking excrement!

Watched (what seemed like a perfect series final episode) last night and damn, GOD DAMN!

More twists and turns than one could expect in 90 minutes.

I think I need to watch the whole fircken series again to catch all the multiple timelines, twists and turns and fully grasp just what the frack we just witnessed.

A few thoughts from the last episode, based on a single viewing.

When they were in the simulation, talking to the "system" we caught one quick glimpse of what was written in the "books".

It looked very similar to the electrophoresis gel of DNA one sees when they try to identify someone for a criminal investigation.

I haven't done the math to see if the 10,000 words (right value?) they said is required to describe a human matches up to how one would itemize DNA/Chromosomes/etc.

Where did Dolores shoot the hosts to?

Heard the second season sucks. Currently working on the first. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I preferred the first one but the second season was necessary for us to see the layers exposed. There were a few episodes I had to watch again to make sure I got it.

I'm 3 episodes into the second season and I'm totally lost. It's not enjoyable. I like a smart show, but if I'm forced to think too much in order to understand, then I tune out. Mr Robot had the same issue in season 2 and they pulled back enough in season 3 to keep me engaged.

I'm 3 episodes into the second season and I'm totally lost. It's not enjoyable. I like a smart show, but if I'm forced to think too much in order to understand, then I tune out. Mr Robot had the same issue in season 2 and they pulled back enough in season 3 to keep me engaged.

You nailed it for both shows. I get the point of season two for Westworld but did not enjoy it as much as the first. As for Mr. Robot they just ruined it for me for what was an incredible show.

Mr. Robot definitely got overly complicated during S2, and I agree S3 was much better. Neither come close to the masterpiece that was S1 though.

I liked the 2nd season but less than the first.

The non-linear storytelling started to feel a bit gimmicky to me.

It just felt the whole season was a series of back story for us the stuff they didn't tell us in the first season. I am on record as loving the first over the second season.

When I am reading a book during an episode that tells me how interested I am in the current episode or if I record it and don't view it for three to four days. Signs for me that I am not feeling the season or loving it as much as before.

I do see the point of season two but they went over board on what they were trying to do and mucking up what use to be smooth transition from story line to story line, season two was just not smooth at all for me.

Back