***The Officially Official Training Camp 2013 Thread (Officially)***

JD10367

Reaction score
Training camp starts a week from today, Friday July 26th, 9:00am. (Okay, technically it starts the day before, but the first public practice is Friday morning.) I'll be on the hill next to the media tent as usual (I always go to the first public practice of the year). Hopefully AWTE is there so he can give good comments I can plagiarize and make it look like I knew what was going on (instead of doing what I usually do, which is drink iced coffee and sweat a lot). :coffee:

Training camp starts a week from today, Friday July 26th, 9:00am. (Okay, technically it starts the day before, but the first public practice is Friday morning.) I'll be on the hill next to the media tent as usual (I always go to the first public practice of the year). Hopefully AWTE is there so he can give good comments I can plagiarize and make it look like I knew what was going on (instead of doing what I usually do, which is drink iced coffee and sweat a lot). :coffee:

AWTE. The man. I've stolen so much of his shit for my "local" (West Newbury, Newburyport) discussions they think I'm Knute Rockne Jr. ROFL
Of course no one here is making that mistake. :LOL:

Can't wait for all the reports. Anyone know if Mrs B. (bruschifan1) is still around? (last we heard from here was in May of 2011 heading off to Aruba from that contest she won.

Cheers, BostonTim

I don't recall seeing her last training camp.

The in-stadium practice is Monday early evening 7/29. Seems a bit early this year; I always remember it as being later in camp. E-mails went out overnight because I found mine this morning and already secured my four free tickets.

I love going to training camp. I don't live that far away and i try to going 2 or 3 times per camp.

I don't like the date of the season ticket holder practice. It is the same night as the Tedy Bruschi PHOF induction and I invited three people to come with me it watch Tedy get in and I only have 2 tickets to the practice. Poor planing all around for this event

Go Pats.

Rookies report today. Last day of the heatwave. Can Bill just get them out there for some Gassers? ROFL

Cheers, BostonTim

Does anyone know the last day Gronk can be placed on PUP for TC? I notice the 49ers put 5-6 of their players on TC PUP today and several more on non football injury PUP.

Does anyone know the last day Gronk can be placed on PUP for TC? I notice the 49ers put 5-6 of their players on TC PUP today and several more on non football injury PUP.

Guesses probably don't help, so sorry in advance. But I'm guessing it ties directly to the physical. Can you be on the ACTIVE roster prior to passing? I would think if you can't/don't pass you are pretty much automatically on the Active/PUP until cleared. Maybe you name people early to the list to expedite getting more bodies into camp.

Just rambling.

Cheers, BostonTim

Guesses probably don't help, so sorry in advance. But I'm guessing it ties directly to the physical. Can you be on the ACTIVE roster prior to passing? I would think if you can't/don't pass you are pretty much automatically on the Active/PUP until cleared. Maybe you name people early to the list to expedite getting more bodies into camp.

Just rambling.

Cheers, BostonTim

IIRC, unlike regular season PUP, guys on Camp PUP still count against the (90-man) roster.

If that's where you were going with that. :wink:

IIRC, unlike regular season PUP, guys on Camp PUP still count against the (90-man) roster.

If that's where you were going with that. :wink:

I've read TC PUP counts against the roster.

The in-stadium practice tickets are a dime a dozen, but if anyone needs three of them let me know. I'm going alone and have four.

I've read TC PUP counts against the roster.

You are both correct. Active/PUP counts against the 90, Reserve PUP doesn't. The vast majority of PUP designations now are active, to the point that I'm not even sure you can set someone as reserve right now.

I don't like the date of the season ticket holder practice. It is the same night as the Tedy Bruschi PHOF induction and I invited three people to come with me it watch Tedy get in and I only have 2 tickets to the practice. Poor planing all around for this event

Wait, because the events don't fit your personal plans, it's poorly planned?

Maybe you're the one who planned poorly?

Wait, because the events don't fit your personal plans, it's poorly planned?

Maybe you're the one who planned poorly?

Yeah, I thought it kind of made sense to have the induction on the same night, practically right at the gate to walk in. That way people that are traveling don't have to do it on two separate nights.

Players on PUP

• Rob Gronkowski (TE) Declared physically unable to perform
  • Julian Edelman (WR) Declared physically unable to perform
  • Jake Ballard (TE) Declared physically unable to perform
  • Mark Harrison (WR) Declared non-football injury
  • Armond Armstead (DE) Declared non-football illness
  • Matt Stankiewitch (C) Declared non-football injury
  • Nick McDonald (G) Declared physically unable to perform
  • Kanorris Davis (DB) Declared non-football injury
http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...place_rob_gronkowski_julian_edelman_jake.html

I'm surprised to see Ballard & Armstead on the list.
Edelman isn't helping his reputation, at least with me. Bad genetics for connective tissue left him with weak ligaments, tendons and bones.
Harrison I half expected. That foot fracture may be a good for making it to the PS. That is my hope unless he comes on like gangbusters to make the 53.

Players on PUP

http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...place_rob_gronkowski_julian_edelman_jake.html

Edelman isn't helping his reputation, at least with me. Bad genetics for connective tissue left him with weak ligaments, tendons and bones.
Harrison I half expected. That foot fracture may be a good for making it to the PS. That is my hope unless he comes on like gangbusters to make the 53.

I was just reading that with Ballard, it wasn't just the ACL, but he also had microfracture surgery, a lot of cutting, and the microfracture takes a lot longer to heal than the ACL surgery.

Players on PUP

Any reports on Armstead? Hope that is nothing serious. We're already thin at DT.

Hopefully Ballard is close.

And I'd just prefer Harrison to go the red shirt IR route rather than risk waived to PS. Other teams showed interest, and if he shows he can run at all he might get scooped back.

Any reports on Armstead? Hope that is nothing serious. We're already Rhein at DT.

Hopefully Ballard is close.

And I'd just prefer Harrison to go the red shirt IR route rather than risk waived to PS. Other teams showed interest, and if he shows he can run at all he might get scooped back.

I think Armstead is a non-football injury.

A fan's guide to TC. How, when, where, who and why. This tells you what you can and can't bring with you.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/multimedia/patriots_training_camp_guide/

=============

On Armstead, it may have something to do with Armstead's hrt condition or lawsuit against USC. Judge has given a July 31 deadline for USC to cooperate with Armstead's attys for depositions.

http://www.swrnn.com/2013/05/29/judge-rules-in-favor-of-usc-in-painkiller-lawsuit/

The headline is wrong, btw. Rulings went against USC.

Back