The Patriots 2023 Preseason Thread - OTAs and Mini Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

But...
Fluker hasn't been active on a team since he was a member of the Ravens in 2020.
Since then he's been on the PS of 3 different teams.
He signed with the Dolphins in April, 2021 and was released Aug., 2021.
He was signed to the Raiders' PS a few wks later but suspended for 6 games for PED use & released on Dec., '21.
He was signed to the Jaguars PS Dec. 31, '21 only to be released 3 days later.

Fluker is 32 years old. He played RT for the Chargers (1st round draft pick, 2013) his first 2 yrs in the league but switched to RG in 2015.
I've been a Bama fan since '62. I was never a fan of Fluker at Bama - slow foot speed and was often beaten by speed rushers.

But...
Fluker hasn't been active on a team since he was a member of the Ravens in 2020.
He was signed to the Raiders' PS a few wks later but suspended for 6 games for PED use & released on Dec., '21.

Fluker is 32 years old. He played RT for the Chargers (1st round draft pick, 2013) his first 2 yrs in the league but switched to RG in 2015.
I've been a Bama fan since '62. I was never a fan of Fluker at Bama - slow foot speed and was often beaten by speed rushers.
If what has been reported is true he dropped 40 pounds and has gotten into great shape. I could see him as short term depth protection.

But...

Yep I think Bill is just kicking the tires in case of emergency/shadow roster. I haven't really looked at who's available, but in a pinch I'd take old man Cannon over Fluker

Top negative thoughts after reading and listening to a variety of stuff about camp to date.

1) I talked myself into being okay skipping on the top OTs, and now I'm concerned about it. This is the one thing most likely to scuttle the season.

2) Especially in shorts, I would feel a ton better if I was hearing Pierre Strong's name more. A lot more. ++ to this after Robinson got cut.

Top negative thoughts after reading and listening to a variety of stuff about camp to date.

1) I talked myself into being okay skipping on the top OTs, and now I'm concerned about it. This is the one thing most likely to scuttle the season.

2) Especially in shorts, I would feel a ton better if I was hearing Pierre Strong's name more. A lot more. ++ to this after Robinson got cut.
I want to see how 1) plays out in the preseason. I don't think we've seen our 5 in their positions yet.
2) I am in complete agreement with you. I'm nervous about Rham getting 350+ touches.

Robinson out. In, Leonard Fournette? Would seem like a Belichick type vet signing a la Blount.

Unless of course 2) Means they like what they've seen from Ty Montgomery. 🤷

I'm a little concerned about the OTs as well, but one thing that puts my mind at ease is the position flexibility of many of the linemen. Onwenu, Strange, and Sow all could potentially play tackle.

I heard a few good things about Strong after the first OTA attended by press, but haven't heard much since including anything bad. I'm more concerned about Montgomery who I was hoping Robinson was healthy enough to beat out.

Unless of course 2) Means they like what they've seen from Ty Montgomery. 🤷
Montgomery will be the third down back but they really need someone to take some of the load off of Stevenson. Fournette might be a good option unless they plan on bringing Robinson back when he's healthy. Or maybe one of the young guys is finally ready to step up. :shrug-n2:

Montgomery will be the third down back but they really need someone to take some of the load off of Stevenson. Fournette might be a good option unless they plan on bringing Robinson back when he's healthy. Or maybe one of the young guys is finally ready to step up. :shrug-n2:
I would tend to believe Strong to be the guy to spell Stevenson. He has the body to play that role. Harris is a little heavier but not as quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back