The Patriots 2023 Preseason Thread - OTAs and Mini Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason I'd pick Parker over Bourne is because Bourne wasn't smart enough/dedicated enough to learn his routes. That's what got him in the doghouse.
Right, but we don't have anyone established that brings what Bourne brings. I see last year as kind of a temper tantrum from a player who wears his heart on his sleeve.

The reason I'd pick Parker over Bourne is because Bourne wasn't smart enough/dedicated enough to learn his routes. That's what got him in the doghouse.
Chicken or egg?

Getting in Patricia’s dog house requires little. Could Bourne have been more mature? Absolutely.

Does that matter this year with the proper “parenting”? Nope.

Chicken or egg?

Getting in Patricia’s dog house requires little. Could Bourne have been more mature? Absolutely.

Does that matter this year with the proper “parenting”? Nope.
This, plus Bourne seems to be dedicated to redeeming himself this year and is a better fit if Hopkins signs.

i caught the tail end of a sirius nfl channel show today that ranked the pats te group as 5th in the nfl.

They ended up with 5 teams with 18 pts and knocked the Pats because of a new OC and Gesicki was new to the team. Neither are proven.

Parker vs Bourne (if it even matters in the end)

Receiving for 2022.

Parker is the 2nd row and Bourne is the 4th row. An argument could be made either way for each of them. The biggest argument for keeping Parker is that in 3 fewer games he had 100 more yds receiving than Bourne; that's not much of an argument and it is a small sample. What I can say is that the coaches last year didn't think Bourne was a very bright person.
For those wondering, the 1st row is Jakobi Meyers and the 3rd row is TE Hunter Henry.

GPRECTGTSYDSAVGTDLNGBIGYDS/GFUMLSTYACFD

Offense
- Wide receivers JuJu Smith-Schuster and Tyquan Thornton once again were not present at OTAs. Kendrick Bourne and DeVante Parker returned after missing Tuesday's session.

- Speaking of Parker, he must have heard the Hopkins noise. Parker was the player of the day on Friday. He ran a crisp dig route on the first play of 7-on-7 for a long gain, made a nice catch on a slant route contested by Christian Gonzalez, and snagged a pass during 11s from Mac Jones on a full-body extension. He was on a mission.

Good! The offense needs more discipline and accountability. Everyone needs to be doing things right and, better yet, doing the right things.

During the Wednesday episode of NFL Live, Tedy Bruschi reacted to the latest comments on his former offensive coordinator, revealing the team is yet to see all aspects of who he is, as they are in the more laid back part of the offseason.

"Everything’s roses right now because in the mini-camps it’s all about friendships and relationships and developing rapport. That’s what he’s doing right now.

They call him ‘Teapot‘ for a reason because that teapot will simmer and simmer and simmer, and pretty soon, that’s going to whistle off. Bill O’Brien is a little bit of a hot-head. He wants things done a certain way, and eventually, when the pressure starts ramping up, that’s when all of these players will know this is business."

Good! The offense needs more discipline and accountability. Everyone needs to be doing things right and, better yet, doing the right things.

During the Wednesday episode of NFL Live, Tedy Bruschi reacted to the latest comments on his former offensive coordinator, revealing the team is yet to see all aspects of who he is, as they are in the more laid back part of the offseason.
Tedy's last interaction with Bill O'Brien was 15 years ago, btw. Just for context. :coffee:

Mike also tells us Trent Brown is missing, JuJu is nursing his knee, T Thornton has a tight muscle, Mapu's role, how Bourne feels about his play last season and that Mac seems real comfortable and capable in BOB's offense.

Mike also tells us Trent Brown is missing, JuJu is nursing his knee, T Thornton has a tight muscle, Mapu's role, how Bourne feels about his play last season and that Mac seems real comfortable and capable in BOB's offense.

Trent Brown missing?

Be on the lookout......, the subject is a black male in his 30's. He is six foot 9, weighs 380 pounds and has a tattoo of himself involved in a steamy threesome
on his right arm.

Another thing that stuck out to me was the squib kicks. It made me wonder if I really understand what constitutes a fair catch or not and whether there
might be a loophole that would allow, say, an old war horse like Nick Folk to compete with a draft pick with a huge leg. One thing that has come up fairly often
about Ryland is that he isn't great at directional kicking and needs improvement in that area -- and that is something we've always expected from our KO people.

Both of the kickers we drafted are considered to be more long-range bombers and not necessarily well-rounded craftsmen at this point. With all the focus on STs this offseason, it
seems a little unexpected for this team to go in the direction we did, but Bill and Co. apparently weren't worried about it.

Trent Brown still absent; his flight got cancelled.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back