The return of Brandon Lafell

Annihilus

Zen Powered by Death Buddhists
Reaction score
He is eligible to return in week 7 (I believe). How does everyone envision him fitting in with the team? Will there be any tweaks to how they have been playing? Will he pick up where he left off last year? If he does, who sees decreased touches/targets?

He is eligible to return in week 7 (I believe). How does everyone envision him fitting in with the team? Will there be any tweaks to how they have been playing? Will he pick up where he left off last year? If he does, who sees decreased touches/targets?

Amendola and JoJo are both good outside to the left in the middle distance. I Think he's most likely to lose a few snaps.

And maybe Edeljag won't be so obsessed with taking pick penalties with LaFell. :shrug:

Cheers, BostonTim

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uB1D9wWxd2w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm hoping he'll be full go. If he's healthy, I think it comes back to him easily. He'll be one more option for Brady and his involvement will probably be heavily determined by the game plan they develop each week.

Assuming he's healthy, I don't see why he wouldn't step back in as the outside guy in 2 and 3 WR sets. He's different, physically and in terms of style of play, from Edelman and Amendola. For a game or two it looked like Dobson may make it harder for him to get back in the lineup, but that went away fast, and I think he'll get the nod over Martin. Again assuming the foot is good.

I think Brady's done very well of course, but the return of LaFell can only help him. Good, tough, big target out there. It'll be nice to have him back.

It sure will be nice having him back. Like putting on a pair of pants and finding a $100 bill you forgot about in the pocket.

It sure will be nice having him back. Like putting on a pair of pants and finding a $100 bill you forgot about in the pocket.

I think it might take a few weeks to get back in sync. He may be in good shape and feel ready, but the timing of game ready is a different animal. A couple weeks of good practices and he will be where he was last year, which was excellent !

Same role as last year. He will give Brady that target on the outside which will be important for this team as the games get tougher down the stretch and into the post-season ...

I think it might take a few weeks to get back in sync.
No doubt, would be nice if he is rounding into form for the postseason.
Interesting that BB is allowing him to be on the sidelines with the team. He doesn't always allow that IIRC.

He'll be a full go when he's eligible. He's already been working out on the side and showing no signs of a limp. Brady is excited he's coming back and LaFell is excited about coming back. Brady's been throwing him passes, too.
He'll fit right in immediately.

The bigger question for me is who he replaces on the 53 and right now Dobson is square in my sights.

He'll be a full go when he's eligible. He's already been working out on the side and showing no signs of a limp. Brady is excited he's coming back and LaFell is excited about coming back. Brady's been throwing him passes, too.
He'll fit right in immediately.

The bigger question for me is who he replaces on the 53 and right now Dobson is square in my sights.

Yeah, that'd seem to make the most sense to me too. But you never know.

I've always thought he's been an underrated receiver .

I'm not sure on the entire story during his time at Carolina but he seemed woefully underused.

I've always thought he's been an underrated receiver .

I'm not sure on the entire story during his time at Carolina but he seemed woefully underused.

Carolina - Cam Newton
Pats - The GOAT

Pretty simple.

Carolina - Cam Newton
Pats - The GOAT

Pretty simple.

That still wouldn't explain why he was targeted so infrequently. Even a bad QB can have many attempts at sucking.

That still wouldn't explain why he was targeted so infrequently. Even a bad QB can have many attempts at sucking.

He had a case of the dropsies in Carolina. He worked hard on overcoming that last year and becoming much more dependable.

Reactions: SCC

Carolina coaching vs Belichick. Pretty simply actually.

Back