The Tom Brady Replacement Plan

The thing with Bledsoe is Carrol wrecked his career and by the time Belichick came he was shot. Brady had already been out playing him in 2001. On top, Bledsoe's was Parcell's pick not Bill's.

With Brady you have the GOAT. Said by Bill himself. You have Brady coming off an MVP caliber season and just two season removed from his 4th Lombardi and 3rd SB MVP. You also have his extension just signed his past off-season. There is no way Brady does not start game 5. That being said, I do hope Jimmy lights it up and goes 4-0. Realistically I am expecting him to keep the games close, hopefully limit mistakes and take us to 2-2. That is all he really needs to do. I would also prefer the two wins are over the Fins and Bills to help us cake walk to the division.

It'll be interesting whatever happens... popcorn

I was a big Bledsoe fan and can remember thinking that he would definitely get his job back when he got healthy in '01.

BB made a statement sticking with Brady.

Not saying he'll do the same thing Week 5 in Cleveland, but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

If that happens, there will be a huge hue and cry from many people who will never admit that BB could ever replace Brady. That day is coming people, sooner or later, so it's better to accept it now and appreciate him while he's still here.

The best part is if Jimmy is decent but not great, some team will still over shoot to get from us because the league is so Qb starved. We turn the 2 we gave for him into a 1 or more and then work on developing Brissett and draft another QB down the road. I mean honestly, every scenario here helps the Pats in the long term. In the short term, it will suck if Jimmy goes 0-4 or 1-3 but I have faith in both Brady and the awfulness of the AFC East that we still take the division and are in the post-season AND Brady is fresher as the ultimate bonus to go get ring #5.

Honestly, I only see upside to this whole situation. I am surprised so many are fighting over it. The only part that sux is WHY Brady is missing games, everything else is pure gravy for the smartest GM and HC in the game.

There is some upside for sure but it all hinges on Jimmy playing at least decent and winning at least 2 games. A 1-3 or 0-4 start would be a serious problem. You wont get the value you want from a Jimmy trade and homefield advtange will be almost impossible. Aside from the 2001 superbowl have the Pats ever gone to a superbowl without homefield advantage?

There is some upside for sure but it all hinges on Jimmy playing at least decent and winning at least 2 games. A 1-3 or 0-4 start would be a serious problem. You wont get the value you want from a Jimmy trade and homefield advtange will be almost impossible. Aside from the 2001 superbowl have the Pats ever gone to a superbowl without homefield advantage?

I think the AFCCG was at Pittsburgh in the 2004 playoffs, as well.

(too lazy to look it up)

Just 2001 and 2004.

I don't believe the Pats record will determine Jimmy's value as much as his play. He could play great and the Pats could go 1-3 due to other issues - STs or defense or coaching. We saw that last year with Brady. Of course he could also go 3-1 on the strength of defense and coaching. So his value IMO depends on how he plays not the Pats record. It is such a small sample that W-L is immaterial. His play is not.

Besides the games @Pittsburgh in 2001 and 2004, as people said, the Pats played 3 road games in 1985, against the Jets, Raiders and Dolphins. Down the Jets, Squish the Fish, and I forget what they did in Oakland (Ream the Raiders? Pork the Pirates?) All I know is they did not Berry the Bears.

Besides the games @Pittsburgh in 2001 and 2004, as people said, the Pats played 3 road games in 1985, against the Jets, Raiders and Dolphins. Down the Jets, Squish the Fish, and I forget what they did in Oakland (Ream the Raiders? Pork the Pirates?) All I know is they did not Berry the Bears.

But what a run that was and HOW JACKED were we before the ***-rape in NO?

Cheers

It was the first time in Patriots history that they won a playoff game, (and it was 3). That made Raymond Berry my favorite Patriots coach, until BB.

But what a run that was and HOW JACKED were we before the ***-rape in NO?

Cheers

Had a Super Bowl party in my dorm room for this game. After the Pats scored what was then the quickest points in Super Bowl history, I thought we had a shot.

Many cases of Meister Brau were consumed by half time. I remember a shaving cream fight in the hallway (that I may or may not have gotten involved with) ending with campus 5-0 showing up and some students being led away in handcuffs.

We don't know what Belichick's plan is for Garrapolo. Belichick probably doesn't know. Situations change quickly. Injuries happen unexpectedly.

I would expect the RB's to take a pounding in weeks 1-4

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

It was the first time in Patriots history that they won a playoff game, (and it was 3). That made Raymond Berry my favorite Patriots coach, until BB.

That might have been the most exciting time to be a Pats fan. The region was crazy. People were selling tee shirts on the streets.

We had limited experience with playoff success and the emotions were through the roof.

It was the first time in Patriots history that they won a playoff game, (and it was 3).
If you consider the AFL playoff games as counting, they did beat the Bills in '63. I don't like to play the "Shoulda" card, but there was that Ben Dreith Raider game they shoulda won.

That made Raymond Berry my favorite Patriots coach, until BB.
What? No love for Rod Rust?

Back