The Unofficial "This Will Not Stand" Thread

I guess I'm not getting why people are so upset? It's still the Tailgate...just post as you always would, start threads as you always did. People that want to talk football now have a place to go to do that. But if everyone keeps posting can we do this, can we do that, instead of just starting threads and posting, the place WILL waste away.

I guess some of the people that might be upset don't really understand that a lot of football people have left here because virtually every thread got pushed to the back burner if it was about football or football threads got hijacked. This is the best of both worlds. Come into the 3RC to talk about everything or go into the FF to talk about football. Just do what we normally do around here, just do it in different places if that's what you're about.

I dont think that most people are complaining about the rules. No one is going to complain when beligerant assholes are shown the door. What most people are complaining about, IMO, is the segregation of the Tailgaters and the Serious Football Discussers.

See PFL's post directly below yours (thanks PFL).

That's exactly why the segregation was done. This is FIRST AND FOREMOST a football forum, and secondly a social networking site. We were losing too many good football folks and the change was likely overdue.

And really. It's hardly changed anything. Football talk is one click away. Not ten.

See PFL's post directly below yours (thanks PFL).

That's exactly why the segregation was done. This is FIRST AND FOREMOST a football forum, and secondly a social networking site. We were losing too many good football folks and the change was likely overdue.

And really. It's hardly changed anything. Football talk is one click away. Not ten.
But....that's like hard and stuff.

No forserious, I don't see the issue. Aside from not being able to hijack football threads with teh secks threads.

I dont think that most people are complaining about the rules. No one is going to complain when beligerant assholes are shown the door. What most people are complaining about, IMO, is the segregation of the Tailgaters and the Serious Football Discussers.
it is no different than what was taking place in the Draft forum for the past month or so, there will still be football in this forum, it will just be less of the X and O's Knute type of post and more of the every sunday I sit with a 6 pack and watch the game type

and if you feel the need to get some schooling on the subject it will be one click away and easy to find

what I hope is that some of those threads where AWTE, Oswlek and many others broke down plays and routes get even more attention, from the BOR, Hawg, MD and others, in the football only thread without fear of some assinine comment that will de-rail them from the topic and lose the thread

I think if time is given to this change what will be most notable is the civility betweeen posters will improve, the sports will not be side tracked so it stays on topic and the insomniac thread can flourish.

But....that's like hard and stuff.

No forserious, I don't see the issue. Aside from not being able to hijack football threads with teh secks threads.

Poor Roethlisbeger....

I posted this in the fast food thread that seemed to go off topic of fast food but now is back to it. So I wanted to place it here where it fits just a bit better

Correct me if I am wrong but talk about change isn't really a new thing either. It has been talked about and debated for atleast a couple years on and off now if I remember correctly.

Unfortunately it got a bit out of control. Everyone has part to do with it but for some reason not everyone can see their faults.

Either way it's done why not just give it a chance? I don't really see what the big deal is? If it doesn't work out then the mods have said they would consider going back.

They've tried the whole tone it down thing and that turned into one of the biggest jokes on here. What more do you want them to do to get people to control themselves? You control yourself, the mods don't control you.

Am I wrong in saying that I think all this whining about the changes is causing this place to be a lil less fun?

Seeing as there are people complaining about the changes I wanna complain about the whining. Forgive me if it's out of line but really?

Instead of whining can we just continue with business as is. This really isn't as big a deal as people are making it out to be

Well it is now. And i think that that is what so many people are disappointed about.

Well, I'm not all that sure what to tell you other than: things haven't really changed all that much :shrug:

Football talk is ONE CLICK AWAY. ONE!

No offense, but I'm not really sure what is so hard to understand about that.

it is no different than what was taking place in the Draft forum for the past month or so, there will still be football in this forum, it will just be less of the X and O's Knute type of post and more of the every sunday I sit with a 6 pack and watch the game type

and if you feel the need to get some schooling on the subject it will be one click away and easy to find

what I hope is that some of those threads where AWTE, Oswlek and many others broke down plays and routes get even more attention, from the BOR, Hawg, MD and others, in the football only thread without fear of some assinine comment that will de-rail them from the topic and lose the thread

I think if time is given to this change what will be most notable is the civility betweeen posters will improve, the sports will not be side tracked so it stays on topic and the insomniac thread can flourish.

Thats great, but while all those great threads by those esteemd posters may flourish, some of us have basically been told that your posts and style of posting isnt as important, and even detracting from the site, so here go do it in this subforum, and only there. Or else.

Many years ago I belonged to a board that had 8 different forums. It worked out fine! Some people used one, others used several. I used 5 of them. It really was ok.

Well, I'm not all that sure what to tell you other than: things haven't really changed all that much :shrug:

Football talk is ONE CLICK AWAY. ONE!

No offense, but I'm not really sure what is so hard to understand about that.

Its not the click, its that i for one have been told that my style of posting isnt appreciated there, so please stay out.

Am I wrong in saying that I think all this whining about the changes is causing this place to be a lil less fun?

Seeing as there are people complaining about the changes I wanna complain about the whining. Forgive me if it's out of line but really?

Instead of whining can we just continue with business as is. This really isn't as big a deal as people are making it out to be

I agree with you TBL, it's just the nature of the beast :)

Change is pretty frightening to some, but once the dust settles, I'm confident that all of the wailing and teeth gnashing that is going on now will die down because of the fact that things aren't going to be all that different around here (other than the decided absence of the Politcal Forum).

We can't make everyone happy all the time, but we can certainly try to make a majority of them enjoy coming here.

I really don't have much heartburn over any of the changes.

The only exception is, the death of the political forum. But maybe, just maybe, it will be resurrected someday.

I do appreciate the mods, and what all they have to put up with, and what all they do for us. It's a job that someone has to do, and I'm certainly glad it's not ME that has to do it!

I will add though, I will be glad when everyone settles down and settles in, because the lack of humor, and that feeling that "everyone is walking on eggshells", makes this place feel foreign to me.

I think its funny that the aasclown assylum was the only one not changedROFL

Its not the click, its that i for one have been told that my style of posting isnt appreciated there, so please stay out.

What style is that? Hi-jacking of football posts and turning them into non-football posts? Something else?

I know you like to hi-jack, but not sure if you're talking about something different or not.

Well it is now. And i think that that is what so many people are disappointed about.

Thats great, but while all those great threads by those esteemd posters may flourish, some of us have basically been told that your posts and style of posting isnt as important, and even detracting from the site, so here go do it in this subforum, and only there. Or else.

SC, I really like you. I think you're a hilarious bastid. I'm pretty sure that once the dust settles, people will be posting here all the time, SSDD.

I'm assuming that most people joined this boards because it WAS a football forum. So you have to understand the flip side. If someone starts a thread and it gets hijacked into a bewbies or butt sechs thread, that's the end of the football talk, the thread goes to the back pages and is never found by the people that haven't read it. It's frustrating.

I like goofing around as much as the next guy, but I came here for football first. In a few days, I'm sure the Tailgate will be exactly like it was because there isn't all that much happening in football right now.

Just give it a chance. We're all adjusting here.

Back