The Walking Dead: Season 6 Thread

It was. Apparently, Neegan is an anagram, or simply the name of the group. I figured that weak Carrol was just an act, but I guess she has gone soft. Maggie, too.

Carol didn't go soft, didn't you see what she did to that girl that was fighting Maggie and those guys that came back to the meat plant? I'd say burning them alive is a pretty hard core way to kill someone. And she set up the redhead to be attacked by the dead dude with bullet hole in his arm.

As far as Maggie goes, she's pregnant and getting her belly sliced probably scared the crap out of her, but I don't think she'll become soft, that's just asking for trouble.

That was probably the most hard core episode I've seen since the opener of season 5.

Fine. She hasn't gone soft. She is going soft. The Carrol pre-baby on board wouldn't have gone all pray the Rosary. She would have shot first and asked questions later.

Fine. She hasn't gone soft. She is going soft. The Carrol pre-baby on board wouldn't have gone all pray the Rosary. She would have shot first and asked questions later.

I didn't think she had gone all pray the rosary, I thought she was trying to trick them into thinking she was soft, along with the un-Carol like whimpering and crying. Maybe I was wrong, wouldn't be the first time that's for sure.

I didn't think she had gone all pray the rosary, I thought she was trying to trick them into thinking she was soft, along with the un-Carol like whimpering and crying. Maybe I was wrong, wouldn't be the first time that's for sure.

That's the way I first viewed it until the fireball scene and then the following reunion scene. I hope I'm wrong.

It is OK for the "queen of the Apocalypse" to display a little humanity.

There is an old adage: "he/she is one to ride the river with." You would be hard pressed to find any better women to ride the river with than Maggie and Carol!

One would have to be seriously hardcore to burn people alive and not show any emotions. The 4 people that took them hostage deserved what they got in my opinion, especially the woman that sliced Maggie and the older gal was going to die anyway. I

have a feeling that they haven't seen the last of that group and some payback is forthcoming.

One would have to be seriously hardcore to burn people alive and not show any emotions. The 4 people that took them hostage deserved what they got in my opinion, especially the woman that sliced Maggie and the older gal was going to die anyway. I

have a feeling that they haven't seen the last of that group and some payback is forthcoming.

You have a feeling?

It's going to be brutal for what is to come to our gang....

I figure that Maggie's pregnancy has triggered a delayed PTSD in Carol. She was only willing to kill when Maggie's baby was in danger. She's going to be a liability before the season is over.

Another pretty decent episode. I saw the whole Denise thing coming from a mile away. She wasn't long for that world. I'm sure some of the book readers were disappointed since somebody else was supposed to get the crossbow treatment. What does everyone think Morgan was staring at at the end of the episode? My first thought when I heard the creaking noise was maybe Carol decided to hang herself. It sure seems like they're setting it up for Daryl to be the one that gets killed in the finale. Then again they might be throwing a big curve ball. It just seems too obvious.

Edit: On second thought, I'm guessing that the guy that Carol left the "John Deer" letter for hung himself.

For the comic people, should I be looking at buying the compendiums to read and catch up on the series, or is there a better way to do it?

For the comic people, should I be looking at buying the compendiums to read and catch up on the series, or is there a better way to do it?

The compendiums are so big physically that they are a bit unwieldy to read, in my opinion, though I think it's cheaper to do that way. I prefer the trade paperbacks which reprint 6-7 issues (usually containing one story arc). You can probably find some cheap-ish sets on eBay. I think they are up to 20 volumes or so, though.

The compendiums are so big physically that they are a bit unwieldy to read, in my opinion, though I think it's cheaper to do that way. I prefer the trade paperbacks which reprint 6-7 issues (usually containing one story arc). You can probably find some cheap-ish sets on eBay. I think they are up to 20 volumes or so, though.
Thank you. How thick are the compendiums? 1", 2", 3"? Is the series effectively finished, i.e. is Compendium 3 the end, or is it ongoing and is there a risk of GameOfThronesItis?

Thank you. How thick are the compendiums? 1", 2", 3"? Is the series effectively finished, i.e. is Compendium 3 the end, or is it ongoing and is there a risk of GameOfThronesItis?

The compendiums are huge. While I don't have one handy to measure, 3" is probably not far off and each weighs several pounds. The trade paperbacks are much lighter and easier to read and each (mostly) has a story arc, so each tpb is good for a single reading.

The series is still ongoing and Kirkman has stated that there is no end in sight for the foreseeable future (the comics have been going for 13 years already, so the show is probably going to overtake the comics in the next couple of seasons, which should be interesting). Compendium three takes you up to something like issue 145 or so. For reference, the events of the TV show that are currently taking place occur in issues 95+ of the comics and take you all the way to the end of the Saviors storyline. Best bet is that what happens in issue 100 will be the finale of this season on TV.

I'll be interested to see how AMC does it, but this story arc in the comics is pretty epic and if I remember right, ran for about 40-50 issues all told. So it's a pretty long arc.

Some great riffing between Abraham and Eugene last night. I forget most of them, but:

"You'd have better luck picking up the clean end of a turd"

"Dibs is dibs"

Another pretty decent episode. I saw the whole Denise thing coming from a mile away. She wasn't long for that world. I'm sure some of the book readers were disappointed since somebody else was supposed to get the crossbow treatment. What does everyone think Morgan was staring at at the end of the episode? My first thought when I heard the creaking noise was maybe Carol decided to hang herself. It sure seems like they're setting it up for Daryl to be the one that gets killed in the finale. Then again they might be throwing a big curve ball. It just seems too obvious.

Edit: On second thought, I'm guessing that the guy that Carol left the "John Deer" letter for hung himself.

Yeah now that Daryl has come full circle with getting his stuff back, I can see him getting knocked off which sucks

The compendiums are huge. While I don't have one handy to measure, 3" is probably not far off and each weighs several pounds. The trade paperbacks are much lighter and easier to read and each (mostly) has a story arc, so each tpb is good for a single reading.

The series is still ongoing and Kirkman has stated that there is no end in sight for the foreseeable future (the comics have been going for 13 years already, so the show is probably going to overtake the comics in the next couple of seasons, which should be interesting). Compendium three takes you up to something like issue 145 or so. For reference, the events of the TV show that are currently taking place occur in issues 95+ of the comics and take you all the way to the end of the Saviors storyline. Best bet is that what happens in issue 100 will be the finale of this season on TV.

I'll be interested to see how AMC does it, but this story arc in the comics is pretty epic and if I remember right, ran for about 40-50 issues all told. So it's a pretty long arc.

Some great riffing between Abraham and Eugene last night. I forget most of them, but:

"You'd have better luck picking up the clean end of a turd"

"Dibs is dibs"
I literally LOL'd at this last night, my wife gave me the side-eye :dbanana:

At 61 years old, I just can't bring myself to read a comic book. Call it a graphic novel all you want, but in my world it is still a comic book.

At 61 years old, I just can't bring myself to read a comic book. Call it a graphic novel all you want, but in my world it is still a comic book.
Thanks for your contribution :coffee:

Yeah now that Daryl has come full circle with getting his stuff back, I can see him getting knocked off which sucks

The only thing left for him to do is to kill Dwight.

Back