These are the Salad Days, my friends!

Mr. Happy Sock on 12-27-2007 at 12:14 PM said:
and can see there are plenty of educated, objective, rational fans
:confused:

You must not have been lurking for very long.

welcome to the Planet, Mr. Happy Sock

you will prolly need a signature avatar and far be it from me to be presumptuous enough to suggest one

but, here's a start

DF-SPSMY_xlg.jpg

and if the sock shown above doesn't fit the true depth & breadth of the actual Mr. Happy, maybe this would be more appropriate

31QjhuaM8pL._AA280_.jpg

ok...I'm the idiot....please explain "salad days". The sock I know about.

Welcome to the Planet you Chronic Masturbating fool you!

I can see this place is full of psycopaths, misfits, morons, mental-defectives, and flat out crazy people.

I'm going to fit in just fine.

Salad days
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
For the musical by Julian Slade, see: Salad Days.
"Salad days" is an idiomatic expression, referring to a youthful time, accompanied by the inexperience, enthusiasm, idealism, innocence, or indiscretion that one associates with a young person. More modern use, especially in the United States, refers to a person's heyday when somebody was at the peak of his/her abilities—not necessarily in that person's youth.

Another welcome to Mr. Happysock for a nice first post that has a message that we could all stand to be reminded of.

It is hard to comprehend that my team could go 16 and a donut hole. I'm not sure if my brain has really wrapped itself around the absurdity of that fact.

I try like a bastard to not get spoiled, but I find that even after 40+ years as a Pats fan I still can't seem to help it to some extent.

Of course, like Bill would say -- it doesn't mean a damn thing unless you win in the playoffs, but it will be something that none of us might live to ever see again, so we should all enjoy it and approach this coming Saturday like the first playoff game.

Also, I've spanked my frank plenty of times, but not once into a sock. Am I missing out on something?

Hawg73 on 12-27-2007 at 01:29 PM said:
Another welcome to Mr. Happysock for a nice first post that has a message that we could all stand to be reminded of.

It is hard to comprehend that my team could go 16 and a donut hole. I'm not sure if my brain has really wrapped itself around the absurdity of that fact.

I try like a bastard to not get spoiled, but I find that even after 40+ years as a Pats fan I still can't seem to help it to some extent.

Of course, like Bill would say -- it doesn't mean a damn thing unless you win in the playoffs, but it will be something that none of us might live to ever see again, so we should all enjoy it and approach this coming Saturday like the first playoff game.

Also, I've spanked my frank plenty of times, but not once into a sock. Am I missing out on something?

You're not really missing anything. It falls under the category of "doing what's necessary", because NOT doing it isn't an option. Would you want a bunch of soldiers running around with guns stressed out because they can't "release the hounds" at least once a week?

Mr. Happy Sock on 12-27-2007 at 01:27 PM said:
Salad days
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
For the musical by Julian Slade, see: Salad Days.
"Salad days" is an idiomatic expression, referring to a youthful time, accompanied by the inexperience, enthusiasm, idealism, innocence, or indiscretion that one associates with a young person. More modern use, especially in the United States, refers to a person's heyday when somebody was at the peak of his/her abilities—not necessarily in that person's youth.

So it's kinda like "heady days"

Back