These uniforms just plain .....

I watched some. Hadn't seen Mariotta play yet. The kid looks like he might end up being pretty good.

I've tried to pay attention to Mariota this year. To me, he's got the mental tools and physical gifts to be a very good QB. He's what Luck was supposed to be.

Sounds like I'm one of the only ones around that doesn't hate them.

That's cool. I still think our alternate silver unis look like someone threw a bunch of dirt on a road jersey. :coffee:

Oh, I don't care for the Patriots' old silvers. I wouldn't mind if we got alternate reds. There are an awful lot of teams that wear blue. Their away uniforms are often white shirt blue pants. An alternate red would make for a more visual game.

I really don't know why the NFL can't have somebody design really sharp alternate unis instead of the *in my opinion* terrible-looking stuff we are seeing lately from Nike.

Not only were the one-color unis ugly -- they appeared to have built in sweat stains on the belly and side panels for no apparent reason. I cannot believe there is big money being spent on such amateurish designs. The league seems incompetent at practically everything it tries to do, while the college ranks are seeing tremendous innovative designs spreading like wildfire and the pros look like shit.

I've griped about the Pats not using alternate unis and I don't know what the hell is going on down there. If you don't want to bother to repaint the helmets for a throwback alt, then all you would need to do is pair the silver elvis helmets with red jerseys. I just don't understand this whole thing.

Maybe they are planning on surprising us at some point, but when you consider that a quarter of all jersey sales in Foxboro are for classic red then you would think they would WANT to feature them.

I watched some. Hadn't seen Mariotta play yet. The kid looks like he might end up being pretty good.

He for sure looks like he gets it. Most QB's that go to really bad teams, tend to fail bad right off the bat...he has risen above that.

Back