This is the line for jumping off the Tobin

I totally agree.

Wait....what?

Please do not tell me that my 4 month absence from here has seen no change. Lisa is the problem? Really?
I said to disagree in a more agreeable way. Maybe if you were here for the last 4 months you would know more of the back.story.

And her quoted post was over the top.

Read All post I am writing, I am addressing the issue I see but that still does not clear her response.

These are your words:" We will be a huge underdog against the Panthers, Seahawks or Cardinals. All of those teams (not to mention the Broncos) will eat our OL alive if it doesn't drastically improve"

You are saying we have no chance so do us all a favor and move on, find a place your superior knowledge will be appreciated and join.

You are reading what you want to read. The Patriots were massive underdogs against the Rams. The Giants were massive underdogs against the Patriots. Does that mean they can't win? Does that mean I think they can't win?

We've seen the Patriots OL completely implode and Brady won the game himself.

NOTHING I said comes EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE to saying the Patriots are doomed and the season is over. You are making crap up and stirring up crap for no reason other than to troll.

You are reading what you want to read. The Patriots were massive underdogs against the Rams. The Giants were massive underdogs against the Patriots. Does that mean they can't win? Does that mean I think they can't win?

NOTHING I said comes EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE to saying the Patriots are doomed and the season is over. You are making crap up and stirring up crap for no reason other than to troll.
I have had it, assclowned time for Tony.

Please report this post.

The reason is you are insulting to the natural flow of the planet.

Are you serious . Your calling mikemo out for trolling . I think the O-line has sucked the last 2 weeks . Losing Vollmer was a huge lose . Brady was being forced to hold the ball longer. Since no one getting separation off the snap .

I'm just being honest with the state of the team. If you want to whine about that and bury your head in the sand, that's your prerogative.

You're putting words in my mouth and overreacting for no reason other than to troll.

No, you're the one putting words in people's mouths.

No-one, repeat no-one is saying there aren't big problems with the O-line and as a result the rest of the O. No-one.

Yet you set yourself up as the lone ranger arguing against massed ranks of delusional, problem-denying ostriches.

It's straw-man self agrandizement and it comes off really, really badly.

I think anyone that watches the Pats play knows the o line is in bad shape but we don't need to beat it into the ground. You want see another bad o line, look to Denver, they are just as bad if not worse and they're all starters.

I believe it's not over. I'm very optimistic. We will play KC and redeem ourselves of an old wound that TB was declared over. And maybe just maybe go into Denver and destroy that demon too. Now one of this will happen I just don't believe it'll be the Denver prediction because well they won't be there lol

A good thing for the Patriots now is that sometimes a loss like this can be beneficial. The players will be mad at their performance and it should give an extra bit of spice into practice. They'll be focussed in a good way. Coaches as well. Instead of gliding into the playoffs on the back of good performances, the team are being questioned and are under scrutiny. A coach like BB will love that, he can really get the team riled up.

In other years we've seen the team finish strong and then get cold come the divisional round. I don't see this happening now. I think they'll be fired up for that game and with the injured players back, there will be a sharp, angry focus.

A good thing for the Patriots now is that sometimes a loss like this can be beneficial. The players will be mad at their performance and it should give an extra bit of spice into practice. They'll be focussed in a good way. Coaches as well. Instead of gliding into the playoffs on the back of good performances, the team are being questioned and are under scrutiny. A coach like BB will love that, he can really get the team riled up.

In other years we've seen the team finish strong and then get cold come the divisional round. I don't see this happening now. I think they'll be fired up for that game and with the injured players back, there will be a sharp, angry focus.

You do know that the Patsys are 2-4 their last 6. Right? A loss like this might be grounding fo ra team like the Chefs. 10 wins a row ya know? But a team that is heading into the playoffs 2 wins in the last 6 and needing a win to clinch HFA and loses certainly doesn't need a good loss!

You do know that the Patsys are 2-4 their last 6. Right? A loss like this might be grounding fo ra team like the Chefs. 10 wins a row ya know? But a team that is heading into the playoffs 2 wins in the last 6 and needing a win to clinch HFA and loses certainly doesn't need a good loss!

You're missing the point. In previous times the Pats are always strong in the regular season after Thanksgiving. They then go into the playoffs and are often caught a bit cold the first game. It was damn close against the Ravens last year. Complacency can happen even to a well prepared team like the Patriots.

BB made the decision to rest some key players for the Miami game, it was a gamble. They weren't playing for the loss obviously but I suspect Bill is looking at the next game only. He could never allow himself or the team to look ahead at a potential AFCCG. It's one game at a time and right now the focus is on making sure the players are healthy for the divisional round game. We'll deal with the championship game if and when it happens.

A loss can focus the players and coaches and leads to a Greater intensity in practice as players are going to be angry and will look to come back strong. This should ensure that there will be no complacency in the divisional round game.

You're missing the point. In previous times the Pats are always strong in the regular season after Thanksgiving. They then go into the playoffs and are often caught a bit cold the first game. It was damn close against the Ravens last year. Complacency can happen even to a well prepared team like the Patriots.

BB made the decision to rest some key players for the Miami game, it was a gamble. They weren't playing for the loss obviously but I suspect Bill is looking at the next game only. He could never allow himself or the team to look ahead at a potential AFCCG. It's one game at a time and right now the focus is on making sure the players are healthy for the divisional round game. We'll deal with the championship game if and when it happens.

A loss can focus the players and coaches and leads to a Greater intensity in practice as players are going to be angry and will look to come back strong. This should ensure that there will be no complacency in the divisional round game.

I understand what your point is and I kind of feel the same way. Don't let him tell you otherwise. HFA is important to a healthy Pats squad. To go up against Pittsburgh in the divisional round for losers like Denver will be hard.

The biggest thing for this team is getting the bye and then the match up which should be favorable with either KC/Houston/Cincy. Last year we drew Ravens which was the worst possible match up.

I also like that we play first Saturday so hopefully we win and then can sit back and see who we play for the conference championship.

I think it's significant that the only team the Pats can't play is Pittsburgh.
If Pitt beats Cincy I'm fine with Pitt mauling all over Denver. Bruise em up good, please!
If Cincy beats Pitt I'm fine with the Pats chances of winning over Cincy.

I was p***ed off last night after the loss but I'm more comfortable with the situation now. Each year I worry going into the playoffs as the team typically has division games to end the regular season and they win those with room to spare and they take "momentum" into the playoffs. And very often we look underdone with our first post season game. Teams that have made the playoffs to the Wild Card round have typically fought tooth and nail in the last month to try and get there and come the divisional round are usually battle hardened.

I think now as said, it's a different situation to what we're used to. Bye secured yes, but with issues going into the post season and an unusual 2-4 record the last 6 games. There should be anger and purpose now from the team to address this and I can well imagine some very chippy practice sessions as Bill will really put them through the mill and the media will mostly write them off.

Combine that with key players returning and we should see a very different team in a couple of weeks.

Reiss posted a good article written by Brian Billick a few years back where he said "momentum" is a myth when it comes to getting into the playoffs. He gave several examples of this. The Saints in 09 started 13-0 but lost the final three games and were p***ed off and it gave them an edge and they won the SB. He said if you gave coaches the choice between having momentum or healthy players entering the playoffs, coaches would choose the latter everytime....

I was p***ed off last night after the loss but I'm more comfortable with the situation now. Each year I worry going into the playoffs as the team typically has division games to end the regular season and they win those with room to spare and they take "momentum" into the playoffs. And very often we look underdone with our first post season game. Teams that have made the playoffs to the Wild Card round have typically fought tooth and nail in the last month to try and get there and come the divisional round are usually battle hardened.

I think now as said, it's a different situation to what we're used to. Bye secured yes, but with issues going into the post season and an unusual 2-4 record the last 6 games. There should be anger and purpose now from the team to address this and I can well imagine some very chippy practice sessions as Bill will really put them through the mill and the media will mostly write them off.

Combine that with key players returning and we should see a very different team in a couple of weeks.

Reiss posted a good article written by Brian Billick a few years back where he said "momentum" is a myth when it comes to getting into the playoffs. He gave several examples of this. The Saints in 09 started 13-0 but lost the final three games and were p***ed off and it gave them an edge and they won the SB. He said if you gave coaches the choice between having momentum or healthy players entering the playoffs, coaches would choose the latter everytime....

You inspired me to ditch Fireman Ed pretending he's not Fireman Ed for my avatar, so I'll let it slide this one time.

Back