This is the year................

HarpoonIPA

ハープーンIPA &#1249
Reaction score
Our team wins there 4th Super Bowl........ or I die........

I feel in the 40+ years of watching this, the team that I love, we are about to witness the most amazing season in team history. The NFL has never seen what's about to bestow upon it. I want the season too start too day.......

I'm feeling incredibly confident as the days go by. We 'gon do it this year!

I fee the same way. I was surprised at how far last years team made it, and then they really had their chances to win that SB. If the D can step it up this year I think we're looking at another SB run.

Gee, not 1 word about TB coming in 4th on the NFL's Top 100 list!?

Well, PFF has him worse than that. PFF says TB threw too few vertical balls to be considered higher. I've got a tip for PFF...maybe he'd have thrown more balls vertically if we actually had an authentic vertical threat last year.

Eli at 8? Because Eli played his best in big games against good teams. It seems PFF discounts his bad games against bad teams. I call BS.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...og/2012/06/28/pff-top-101-of-2011-the-top-10/

And we know the Patriots are good and getting better. I think they start a run that will make the haters jump off bridges. Pumped. I. Am.

Gee, not 1 word about TB coming in 4th on the NFL's Top 100 list!?

Well, PFF has him worse than that. PFF says TB threw too few vertical balls to be considered higher. I've got a tip for PFF...maybe he'd have thrown more balls vertically if we actually had an authentic vertical threat last year.

Eli at 8? Because Eli played his best in big games against good teams. It seems PFF discounts his bad games against bad teams. I call BS.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...og/2012/06/28/pff-top-101-of-2011-the-top-10/

Yeah I like the Eli comment....it reminds me of the "comeback" stats....I would rather they just stay ahead and not have to come back...or the notion you can play like crap for 3.5 quarters and then come through in the end is somehow better than Playing good the whole game and not coming back....Giants went 9-7 this year and yes they won the superbowl when the defensive players came back from injury...so not sure how Eli saved the day quite as much as they are making out. As far as doing good against good teams....what is their criteria for a good team and what is their criteria for playing good.

2011 was the best I felt about our chances since 2007. I knew that team could do it and we were one bad ankle and one dropped pass from doing it.

This year we have an even better offense, a loaded defense, and an easy schedule.

We're winning it this year. I don't care if I have to go out there and play myself.

Two areas they to show up this year. Pass rush and secondary play. The secondary was the biggest weakness on defense last year. A good pass rush is a secondary best friend.

I feel more pumped about this year than any since 2007. Other years I've been hopeful but I can't say I was jacked for a SB run like I am this year.

This is pretty much how I feel. I never thought the last 2 years teams were good enough, and thus, I thought last year's team played over their head (due to great coaching).

I think they've finally addressed the WR issue, and if a couple of these rookies contribute in a meaningful way on defense, we'll be a much better team.

Of course injuries are the one variable that could screw everything up. Here's hoping the key people stay healthy, for the most part.

This is pretty much how I feel. I never thought the last 2 years teams were good enough, and thus, I thought last year's team played over their head (due to great coaching).

I think they've finally addressed the WR issue, and if a couple of these rookies contribute in a meaningful way on defense, we'll be a much better team.

Of course injuries are the one variable that could screw everything up. Here's hoping the key people stay healthy, for the most part.

Aww hell, even if we get hit by injuries, brian hoyer can lead us to the promised land.

Back in '07, during Asante Samuel's holdout, I was absolutely convinced that if he re-upped for that season, the Pats would just roll to 19-0 because THAT team appeared to me to be loaded with proven talent while their scheduled opponents appeared to be stumbling and struggling that off-season. It's obviously ironic that Samuel's butterfingers play in the SB was a major contribution to the Pats falling just short of perfection.

But, I'm not getting the same strong vibe from this team. Yet. Just too many questions on the roster that won't be answered until TC. A lot of significant talent has been added this off-season, and in exactly the right places, but some of it, especially on defense, remains unproven to me - not only the rookies, but the veteran FA acquisitions as well. There seems to be a great potential for much better balance between offensive and defensive contributions and better balance on offense, scheme-wise. I simply have yet to actually see it coming together to fully-exploit that potential.

Also at least a few of the teams on the 2012 schedule appear be coming together well this off-season, so far.

Just to be clear, making the post-season seems almost a given, though getting the #1 seed seems much less so to me right now. I'd expect this team, as it stands, to man-handle a few of their 2012 opponents, but also to have to bring their "A+" game and fight very hard to get the W against a few others. All of them will need to be taken seriously (see: Cleveland, 2010).

It's cliche, of course, to say that "anything can happen in the playoffs" and that the health of key players is critical to surviving the gauntlet, but I do feel, OTOH, that if they can make it through to the SB on solid performances that require few lucky breaks, they'll have a much better chance at bringing home another ring than they did in 2011.

Cautiously optimistic.

This. The Pats have the best coach in the league. I always think the Pats will win the SB. I have never picked against them in my football pools. Duck Boats. :toast:

Duck Boats.

I love it. It says it all.
tumblr_lzarqfhTXL1qg63qpo1_250.gif

Back