This week: TheBrownsBoard.com

<<< I can't see the Pats imploding this week and thats exactly what would have to happen for us to come out of the silo with a lose. >>>

That's the spirit we want you to travel into Cleveland with.

Browns 31
Patriots 17

ATENEARS (It's becoming a blowout now)

ATENEARS said:
BROWNS BOARD UPDATE:
We have been experimenting with the hunk of steel and our Craftsman Buzz Saw. When we engage the two entities, they became gridlocked. We reved the buzzsaw even harder ... but still gridlock ... the buzzsaw roared with each revolution, until finally the circuits blew and wiped out the massive power supply at TheBrownsBoard.com headquarters. We lost our web site in the process, but after we returned from the burning river with our torches, we found that we had a new operator at the helm (or at least got rid of the old operator) and that hunk of steel was split into two.

Browns 28
Patriots 24

ROFL

ATENEARS, that was some funny shite. Hang in there and a belated welcome to the board.

It's always a pleasure to deal with a fan that is not afraid of a little adversity and deals with it.

ATENEARS said:
..... but after we returned from the burning river with our torches, we found that we had a new operator at the helm (or at least got rid of the old operator) and that hunk of steel was split into two.

Browns 28
Patriots 24

Hey man, you didn't use Pittsburgh Steel did you? That would explain that odd sequence of events.

:thumb:

ATENEARS said:
BROWNS BOARD UPDATE:
We have been experimenting with the hunk of steel and our Craftsman Buzz Saw. When we engage the two entities, they became gridlocked. We reved the buzzsaw even harder ... but still gridlock ... the buzzsaw roared with each revolution, until finally the circuits blew and wiped out the massive power supply at TheBrownsBoard.com headquarters. We lost our web site in the process, but after we returned from the burning river with our torches, we found that we had a new operator at the helm (or at least got rid of the old operator) and that hunk of steel was split into two.

Browns 28
Patriots 24

LOL nice reenactment ....but you can't believe that an experiment with 26 ga. steel is a valid comparison for the 2 tons of iron girders that are coming to dismantle your little Ryobi DIY special table saw.

Browns fans are just as silly as your now ex- head coach. :dith:

MrWeekend said:
Here we go. Another week, another round of trolls coming here to explain to us how their team has figured out a certain game scheme that will give them a victory over the two time World Champion Patriots. How many variations of that theme have we heard ? But now we are hearing it form Cleveland (the mistake by the lake). Wonder if they have had any good river fires lately ?

:D

It isn't about Scheme or Game Plan. Its about pure, unadulterated, emotion.

Davis got fired last night.

They are embarassed on both offense and defense.

They finally have a healthy pocket passer, which their offense is made for (roll-out, skittish passers like Garcia is not what the offense is made for.)

Do I think the Browns will win? Of course I do, I'm a die-hard fan. Realistically, with 5 single plays going differently, the Browns are 8-3, instead of 3-8.

Thaak13 said:
It isn't about Scheme or Game Plan. Its about pure, unadulterated, emotion.

Davis got fired last night.

They are embarassed on both offense and defense.

They finally have a healthy pocket passer, which their offense is made for (roll-out, skittish passers like Garcia is not what the offense is made for.)

Do I think the Browns will win? Of course I do, I'm a die-hard fan. Realistically, with 5 single plays going differently, the Browns are 8-3, instead of 3-8.

again Pats fans understand and respect other fans that stick with their team through the tough seasons as well as the good.

One point that you made about the O and D being embarrassed and having a "pocket passer" at the helm. IMO the Pats will be attacking the pocket, forcing Holcomb to throw before he wants to. not giving him time to set and read his receivers to dump the 2nd or 3rd receiver. I see 3-4 sacks,multiple tipped balls and more incomplete passes than competed. Once our D gets to the Browns O they will start to buckle and just plain give up. IMO

I don't see BB not having the perfect game plan to neutralize the Browns O and once Dillon starts running 4-6 yards per carry your D will give in as well. keep your heads up .... there's always next year.:cool:

*****No matter how we fans view it, I'm pretty sure that Bill Bellichick is convincing his guys that you are the second coming of the '85 Bears.

I wish he could have done a better job of convincing the '91-95 Browns that they were the '85 Bears

Any idea what happened to your board over there?

Atenears seems to be a little better at the content part of his job than the tech side.

Seriously, I have no idea what happened, it hasn't happened before, maybe Butch Davis couldn't take the criticism and wiped it out right before he left.

Zombo

Zombo said:
I wish he could have done a better job of convincing the '91-95 Browns that they were the '85 Bears

Speaking of which, this is something I am curious about. How is Belichick viewed in Cleveland now? I know he was loathed before, but with the time that has passed and Cleveland getting a team back and with all of Belichick's success, has the public's opinion of him changed at all?

Undertaker #59 said:
Speaking of which, this is something I am curious about. How is Belichick viewed in Cleveland now? I know he was loathed before, but with the time that has passed and Cleveland getting a team back and with all of Belichick's success, has the public's opinion of him changed at all?

Not by me. He chased out, and ostracized THE most popular player in possibly team history just short of Jim Brown. Yes, Kosar never recovered from that Elbow injury, and his skills were sharply falling. But what physical skills did he really have? He was probably the most intelligent QB to play the game. Virtually an OC on the field. He had free reign under Shottenheimer to draw up or script plays in the dirt, in the huddle. He was a master at running an offense. I'd love to see him back as a coach one day. Belicheck benched him for not running the play he'd sent in. Of course Kosar threw a TD pass to Michael Jackson on that play. Kosar then went to the Super Bowl with the Dallas Cowboys and got a ring that very same year. He was intrumental in winning an important game for them when Aikman was hurt.

So yes, I can't stand Belicheck. I respect his uncanny ability as a coach (currently). But I loathe him.

****Speaking of which, this is something I am curious about. How is Belichick viewed in Cleveland now? I know he was loathed before, but with the time that has passed and Cleveland getting a team back and with all of Belichick's success, has the public's opinion of him changed at all?

There are two schools of thought.

One group feels like he was a genius who never got the opportunity he deserved because of Modell's meddling, spoiled players and an overly critical media.

The other group feels he just wasn't a good coach in Cleveland, he failed, he learned from his mistakes and became a much better coach the second time around.

I'm from the second school. He's a different guy than we had in cleveland. He coaches much more to his players strengths in NE than in Cleveland where he was often forcing square pegs into round holes. He was also very defensive and aloof in Cleveland, rarely smiled, you never would have saw him joking and hugging his kids like you do in NE.

I think he was just a bit in over his head in Cleveland experience-wise and make his mistakes on the job. New England fans have gotten the benefit of a much better coach the second time around who has matured and learned from his mistakes.

Although he was coming around in Cleveland too ... we were 11-5 in 1994, in fact beat Parcel's Patriots in the playoffs ... then Modell pulled the rug from under him in 1995. Nobody could have coached through that mess.

Zombo

Thaak13 said:
Not by me. He chased out, and ostracized THE most popular player in possibly team history just short of Jim Brown. Yes, Kosar never recovered from that Elbow injury, and his skills were sharply falling. But what physical skills did he really have? He was probably the most intelligent QB to play the game. Virtually an OC on the field. He had free reign under Shottenheimer to draw up or script plays in the dirt, in the huddle. He was a master at running an offense. I'd love to see him back as a coach one day. Belicheck benched him for not running the play he'd sent in. Of course Kosar threw a TD pass to Michael Jackson on that play. Kosar then went to the Super Bowl with the Dallas Cowboys and got a ring that very same year. He was intrumental in winning an important game for them when Aikman was hurt.

So yes, I can't stand Belicheck. I respect his uncanny ability as a coach (currently). But I loathe him.

But yet he put in Testaverde and made the playoffs in '94 which included a victory over the Parcell's Pats.

That, IMO, is incredible short-mindedness on the part of Browns' fans. The bottom line is winning. He felt that Vinny gave him the better shot. Pats fans were pretty upset when he dumped Milloy, but it quickly became apparent that he knew what the hell he was doing.

I was a Browns Fan and living in Detroit during the Belichick era. I say that because I felt that the local media here bastardized Belichick and most of the other clickie fans hung on their every word. Living outside of Cleveland (from afar), I thought Kosar needed to go, and I liked how Bill built the team up with size and speed down the middle.

Bill alienated himself from the media though. The Cleveland media was use to having easy access to the Browns fancy new training facility in 1991, until Bill locked them out and took away the doughnut tray (seriously). They turned on him and back then Bill needed all the help with facing the media as he could get. He was about as exciting as talking to a toad early on in his career.

He made some dumb decisions and I'm sure he learned a ton from the experience. Rumor has it, he would rather be back here coaching, since the Browns carry a 12-7 overall record over the Pats.

ATENEARS (I'm so proud of that record)

Zombo said:
Hey Spinal Twerp, the Browns bitchslapped Baltimore once and lost on the last play of the game the second time, so ya, you can compare us.

When we played you guys last year you couldn't even score a TD on us.

You're going into a hostile environment with a wounded animal with nothing to lose. It's going to be ugly, and to be honest, you should start getting used to the idea of losing.

Zombo

Thanks for your thoughtful analysis (insert sarcasm here). I've been ready to accept losing, but it just hasn't materialized yet. When my favorite team is 25-1 over their last 26, it's tough to imagine losing to one of the worst teams in football.

But I suppose you can take solace in the fact that the Pats couldn't score a TD against them LAST YEAR???!!! Whatever makes you sleep at night.

bideau said:
But yet he put in Testaverde and made the playoffs in '94 which included a victory over the Parcell's Pats.

That, IMO, is incredible short-mindedness on the part of Browns' fans. The bottom line is winning. He felt that Vinny gave him the better shot. Pats fans were pretty upset when he dumped Milloy, but it quickly became apparent that he knew what the hell he was doing.

To me, it wasn't that he benched Kosar (a hero of mine, as I am also an uncoordinated, unathletic goon with a high IQ), but rather the way in which he did so. He cut him in the middle of the season...

Yes, Thaak is right, the Kosar thing was Bizzare. We were in first place when he cut Kosar, and Testeverde was already injured, leaving us with Todd Phreaking Philcox as our QB. The team tanked and went from 5-2 to 7-9.

Many Browns fans, including myself, remain bitter about that season but you can't argue with his success in NE. On a scale of one to ten, Belichick probably registers about 2-3 on the bitterness factor, while Modell is an 11 (that one is for you, Spinal Tap).

Zombo

Thaak13 said:

I think Belichick took a great deal out of the Cleveland experience that had little to do with coaching. It was because of all of the negative talk out of Cleveland that made me not want Bob Kraft to hire him. I definitely was not comfortable giving up a first round pick for him. But I could not have been more wrong about BB the coach or BB the man.

I'm sure he made a few mistakes in Cleveland. But just like the players that he brings in, Belichick is smart enough to learn from those mistakes. I get the feeling his relationship here with the media is much better than it was in Cleveland. Some of that is simply a result of the team winning but it's also because BB has taken on a more friendly media attitude since he's been here. Amazingly he hasj a very good relationship with most of the local media other than the spineless jellyfish Borges.

I would compare the Kosar move to the Milloy move. Most diehard NE fans were shocked when he sent Milloy packing. And many were mad as hell. But it was only a matter of time before the emotion dissipated and the reality of why he made the move set in. And it was simply the best move for the team from a financial perspective. Milloy was a very very popular player here in NE. But BB is not afraid to cut a guy like that lose if it is best for the team. We have accepted that in NE.

I fear no team whose colors are the same as human excrement, in liquid form.

Can we start talking about Cincy now???

***Thanks for your thoughtful analysis (insert sarcasm here). I've been ready to accept losing, but it just hasn't materialized yet. When my favorite team is 25-1 over their last 26, it's tough to imagine losing to one of the worst teams in football.

Hey, all I'm saying is be careful of this "one of the worst teams in football" thing.

We took the Eagles to overtime and we played the Steelers better than you did.

It's been a miserable season with the injuries, the tough schedule, the close losses, Davis blowing in the wind, and a gay midget as our front man.

There were players who hated Davis. They will have a new lease on life this week.

I'm sure you hear the warning every week and find them laughable. But I'm one visitor that will come back on Monday and take my lumps if necessary. I just think you're in for something ugly this week, but you probably won't realize it until about 3:00 Sunday.

Zombo

Zombo said:
I just think you're in for something ugly this week, but you probably won't realize it until about 3:00 Sunday.

Zombo
[/B]

Dammit, for $300/hour, she had better be at least halfway good looking, Zombo - or I want my money back!

PatsFanDan said:
I think Belichick took a great deal out of the Cleveland experience that had little to do with coaching. It was because of all of the negative talk out of Cleveland that made me not want Bob Kraft to hire him. I definitely was not comfortable giving up a first round pick for him. But I could not have been more wrong about BB the coach or BB the man.

I'm sure he made a few mistakes in Cleveland. But just like the players that he brings in, Belichick is smart enough to learn from those mistakes. I get the feeling his relationship here with the media is much better than it was in Cleveland. Some of that is simply a result of the team winning but it's also because BB has taken on a more friendly media attitude since he's been here. Amazingly he hasj a very good relationship with most of the local media other than the spineless jellyfish Borges.

I would compare the Kosar move to the Milloy move. Most diehard NE fans were shocked when he sent Milloy packing. And many were mad as hell. But it was only a matter of time before the emotion dissipated and the reality of why he made the move set in. And it was simply the best move for the team from a financial perspective. Milloy was a very very popular player here in NE. But BB is not afraid to cut a guy like that lose if it is best for the team. We have accepted that in NE.

There is no doubt in my mind, that Kosar needed to be replaced as #1 QB. But as Zombo said, Testaverde was hurt, Kosar had just drawn up the play in the dirt that won the game for them, and Belicheck benches him and puts in Todd Philcox and then later cuts Kosar.

Here is betting that Kosar would have pulled a playoff season out of that one, and the Browns would have had yet another chance to go to the Superbowl (late 80's, early 90's.)

Part of being a Head Coach is public relations. Sorry if BB sucks at that, but he does. He's gotten better though. He was terrible in Cleveland, and I'll never forgive him for what he did to a Cleveland Icon. What's worse though, is what Policy/Clark/Al Lerner did to Kosar in the last 5 years.

Back