Tim Wakefield

Terrible, loved him. RIP Wake

:cry: :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Another Athlete whom I was bless4d to have watched.

Requiescat In Pace

BostonTim

Damn, how terribly sad to hear of Tim Wakefields passing. One of the best knuckleball pitchers ever.

RIP Tim Wakefield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Selfless player. Remember game 3 of the 04 ALCS? Sox getting shellacked and Wake stays in and takes the beating to save the rest of the pitching staff. It's kinda baseball trivia around here no one knows but the Sox came back in that series to beat NY. 😉He was unhittable when the knuckle was on. Involved in lots of charitable work particularly with kids. Low key nice guy. We need more people like him.

Little has caused me to become emotional about my own situation as much as the death of Tim Wakefield. Crazy, I've never met the dude. In fact, I don't think I actually ever saw him play in person. But, he is the kind of guy that cancer, in its total unfairness in our lives, should have left alone.

Apropos of nothing, Buddy Wakefield. That is all that my one sport many poets ass has to say.

Sucks big time. I started learning how to throw a knuckleball just because of him. What a damn shame, everyone had nothing but good things to say about him and he helped bring the Sox the first WS in 86 years. RIP, you are a big loss.

Prayers that your wife wins her battle and f cancer.

First Tim, now his wife has passed, a terribly sad day for that family and all that knew them.

Stacy Wakefield, the widow of former Boston Red Sox pitcher Tim, died Wednesday.

Tim, notorious for his knuckleball during his 19-year career, died in October after a battle with brain cancer. Stacy, too, was battling cancer.

"It is with deep sadness that we share that our beloved mother, daughter, sister, niece, and aunt, Stacy, passed away today at her home in Massachusetts," the Wakefield family said in a statement. "She was surrounded by her family and dear friends, as well as her wonderful caretakers and nurses. The loss is unimaginable, especially in the wake of losing Tim just under five months ago. Our hearts are beyond broken.

First Tim, now his wife has passed, a terribly sad day for that family and all that knew them.

Unbelievably tragic. I feel so bad for the Wakefield family. Losing one is tough, but losing both parents so close together has got to be such a huge punch in the gut.😢😢😢

Back