Tiquan Underwood released

What a sweet kid. *cries*again* I'm a mess.

TiUnderwood Tiquan Underwood
Its Finally GameDay... Rooting For The Pats & One Of My Best Friends @McCourtyTwins (Dmac) # 32 Get That Ring Bruh #PatsNation #MHK

Curious about the rules regarding resigning him.

After the SB, can you change the roster?

Wouldn't signing him count as a free agent acquisition? I thought free agents couldn't be signed until the official start of the next NFL year (March 13).

That's not to say they wouldn't do it, simply that I think they have to wait until March 13 to sign him to anything.

You know it's the Super Bowl when there's a 45 comment thread on the release of Blair Underwood. ;)

Like Parcells, I'm off to do some grocery shopping.....

Curious about the rules regarding resigning him.

After the SB, can you change the roster?

Wouldn't signing him count as a free agent acquisition? I thought free agents couldn't be signed until the official start of the next NFL year (March 13).

That's not to say they wouldn't do it, simply that I think they have to wait until March 13 to sign him to anything.

He already resigned.

Or 'was resigned'. Or cut.

Re-signing him is a quite different story, 'Mr. I Heart Accuracy'.

You already said this in another thread. Dropping a player and elevation a PS player is a weekly event in order to improve a team for a given game, is it not?

So why would you not try to improve the team for the superbowl?

Maybe NE should pay 'Quan $28M and see if he earns it next year :coffee:

Here's what I think I know:

Players whose contracts are expiring won't be free agents until Mar 13. They can't be signed until then obviously.

Players who are cut are free agents upon being cut and can be signed anytime as far as I know. Pats cut Underwood, Colts cut Manning, either can be signed. But it really doesn't matter for Underwood if he and the Pats have an agreement for them to re-sign him.

Here's what I think I know:

Players whose contracts are expiring won't be free agents until Mar 13. They can't be signed until then obviously.

Players who are cut are free agents upon being cut and can be signed anytime as far as I know. Pats cut Underwood, Colts cut Manning, either can be signed. But it really doesn't matter for Underwood if he and the Pats have an agreement for them to re-sign him.

Need a roster spot, though. Just sign him to reserve/future contract :shrug:

I feel badly for Underwood, but BB's gotta do whatever he feels is best for the team.

I'll miss seeing his flat top though...that hair is awesome. ROFL

Back