Tom Brady/Tampa Off-season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do y’all think of that pass rusher Tampa took in the first round? He hasn’t played much.
I was surprised they addressed the QB position before safety, or corner depth.
He has great ability to rush, high motor. They got him because their Dline will need to get rotation breaks with Barrett, JPP and Suh. Also Suh is probably going to retire after this year and I think this is also JPPs last year so they needed to address Dline.

I was expecting them to take a QB in round 2. They have so much depth across their roster but their QB situation is awful behind Brady. He is also going to be 44 so best to take a young guy now to learn from the Goat. Reports have said that him Brady are getting along great and Brady is happy to work with him. So that is a big plus for Tampa's future post Brady. I liked Trask a lot in the draft and was hoping the Pats would get him if we did not get a QB in round 1. I think Bill liked him too. I am not surprised he has already started to impress Arians.

Kraft already said he roll out the welcome wagon for Brady return. Mazz will want a big game by Brady . The patriots pulling off the victory in the end.
I do think there will be a tribute and an ovation for Brady and Gronk. Then game on and a normal Pats crowd. I do think if the Bucs start to pull away at any point, you will hear a lot of cheers for Brady. I do think it will be unlike any other game we have had at Gillette. I am really happy it is week 4. Perfect time of the season. I didn't want to wait until the end of November.

BTW, if Trask turns into a better Qb than Jones, Bill may blow his top. Literally.
Doubt it. Good players and coaches don't spend a lot of time with coulda shouda woulda. They move on. If there is something to learn from the TD they got burned for, the pick 6 they threw, the last draft pick that didn't work out, they learn from it then forget it. But zero recriminations. Self recriminations are not the way champions become champions. Years from now BB won't be even thinking about how people he didn't draft in 2021 are doing.

Thanks for finally answering the question I'm not sure I believe you when you say you'll be rooting for the Patriots on 10/3. In fact, I don't believe that's true. But, what I think doesn't really matter. What does matter to me is the sudden realization on my part that the anger you display and the vitriol you spew toward others here isn't normal, everyday sports forum give and take. As a newcomer here, I sort of just simply jumped into the fray, gently at first, and then with my usual vigor. But, the stuff you post goes beyond the usual sports forum back and forth. I've been a member on a couple of other Pats/Boston sports boards for over 15 years and I've had lots of "lively" dialogue. But, I've never experienced the type of dark anger and disdain for others that characterize your posts. So, while I've always enjoyed and looked forward to spirited debate, I'll be leaving you alone from here on out. With that said, I'll still be reading and contributing on this board because, frankly, I think it contains some great football content from lots of people who really love the New England Patriots. I just don't think you're one of them.

LOL, I said I was done within the last hour, but here I am, albeit just briefly. This "some kid on a message board" was taken as a "kid" by his father to the first Patriots game ever played in September of 1960 at Boston University. Although the Patriots lost to the Broncos that Friday night, this "kid" went home happy with QB Butch Songin's autograph on his game program. I still have it.

I’ll say it. I can’t stand Belichick and I hope Brady gets the win.
What coach doesn’t make it work with the greatest of all time?
Can’t wait for Belichick to retire. Call me a hater whatever I don’t care.

At least you are willing to state it.

Or, one could reasonably ask, "What player doesn't make it work with the greatest (coach) of all time?"

We will call you what you are. Not a Patriots fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back