Tom Brady/Tampa Off-season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll say it. I can’t stand Belichick and I hope Brady gets the win.
What coach doesn’t make it work with the greatest of all time?
Can’t wait for Belichick to retire. Call me a hater whatever I don’t care.
Here's what I'm hoping for. Cam suffers a minor injury in the first quarter against the Saints, and is replaced by Mac Jones, who plays like the lovechild of Brady and Favre, cerebral but with a cannon arm. Pats win by tiple digits. Cam is officially out for Week 4 - It's Brady vs Mac Jones. Then while jogging warming up an hour before game time Brady and Jones crash into each other and both are put into the concussion protocol. We all get to watch a game between backups Ryan (Who, Me?) Griffin and Jarrett (I'm Still Here) Stidham.

Em, why did you answer that post as if it was addressed to you? Don't tell me Rivshark is a multi of yours?

Em, why did you answer that post as if it was addressed to you? Don't tell me Rivshark is a multi of yours?
Weren't you the one complaining about this very thing and here you are engaging again. Please stop.

Thanks for finally answering the question I'm not sure I believe you when you say you'll be rooting for the Patriots on 10/3. In fact, I don't believe that's true. But, what I think doesn't really matter. What does matter to me is the sudden realization on my part that the anger you display and the vitriol you spew toward others here isn't normal, everyday sports forum give and take. As a newcomer here, I sort of just simply jumped into the fray, gently at first, and then with my usual vigor. But, the stuff you post goes beyond the usual sports forum back and forth. I've been a member on a couple of other Pats/Boston sports boards for over 15 years and I've had lots of "lively" dialogue. But, I've never experienced the type of dark anger and disdain for others that characterize your posts. So, while I've always enjoyed and looked forward to spirited debate, I'll be leaving you alone from here on out. With that said, I'll still be reading and contributing on this board because, frankly, I think it contains some great football content from lots of people who really love the New England Patriots. I just don't think you're one of them.
Not unlike the tootsie roll in the swimming pool.

I’ll say it. I can’t stand Belichick and I hope Brady gets the win.
What coach doesn’t make it work with the greatest of all time?
Can’t wait for Belichick to retire. Call me a hater whatever I don’t care.
I think the odds are pretty high that this is Bill's last year. We have already brought in some high level guys that have been working with Bill this off-season and those guys were most likely picked by Bill and then you have Patricia back and Ernie retiring. My best guess is Patricia is our HC next year or perhaps even the GM with a plethora of people surrounding him. I think Kraft is done having one guy in charge of everything and I welcome the change in philosophy. It really only worked because we had Brady holding the whole thing together despite the team roster blunders and head scratching coaching decisions (Butler benching).

We have to compete in today's league and landscape and to do that we need a quorum of decision makers. We have already seen some fruit this year with the FA signings and fantastic draft. This is the most hopeful I have been since Brady left. I think we get this turned around quickly precisely because Bill won't be fully in charge anymore and most likely gone either next year or the latest the year after. Of course, it is possible he stays on in some FO capacity because he wants the change too and would rather focus in one thing rather than running the whole thing. He said he didn't want to coach past age 70 so it would make sense for him to look do something else and that could be with us but I still think more likely he moves on and looks for a new challenge like Brady did.

Last edited:
I think the odds are pretty high that this is Bill's last year. We have already brought in some high level guys that have been working with Bill this off-season and those guys were most likely picked by Bill and then you have Patricia back and Ernie retiring. My best guess is Patricia is our HC next year or perhaps even the GM with a plethora of people surrounding him. I think Kraft is done having one guy in charge of everything and I welcome the change in philosophy. It really only worked because we had Brady holding the whole thing together despite the team roster blunders and head scratching coaching decisions (Butler benching).

We have to compete in today's league and landscape and to do that we need a quorum of decision makers. We have already seen some fruit this year with the FA signings and fantastic draft. This is the most hopeful I have been since Brady left. I think we get this turned around quickly precisely because Bill won't be fully in charge anymore and most likely gone either next year or the latest the year after. Of course, it is possible he stays on in some FO capacity because he wants the change too and would rather focus in one thing rather than running the whole thing. He said he didn't want to coach past age 70 so it would make sense for him to look do something else and that could be with us but I still think more likely he moves on and looks for a new challenge like Brady did.

So when he’s back next year, you of course will not hold yourself accountable for such a ridiculous claim, will you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bill's not going anywhere.

He just began the process of building the third freaking leg of this dynasty and it's looking awesome.

no way is this bb's last year...i'll bet you an avy of your choice. 🙂
LOL. I really don't bet. I just have this gut feeling like he is on his way out from all the changes this off-season. He is 69 and Brady is gone. Maybe he is ready for a new change or challenge too.

Last edited:
his change is that he and linda are hitched now...i believe.
challenge is the excitement of building a team without a top qb salary. i think he will enjoy that.
annnndddd...if i were he i would NEVER stop until i was above shula in wins. 😁

his change is that he and linda are hitched now...i believe.
challenge is the excitement of building a team without a top qb salary. i think he will enjoy that.
annnndddd...if i were he i would NEVER stop until i was above shula in wins. 😁
He had a QB without a top QB salary for 20 years. Brady's highest contract paid him $23 mil and that was the last season he was with us. He also never signed a $100 million dollar despite QBs like Vick and McNabb signing multiple. Bill had the best possible situation with the GOAT QB never taking his market value. He has already begun to find out just how hard it is to win without a franchise QB. It won't get any easier from here on out. Hopefully Jones turns into something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back