Tom Brady/Tampa Off-season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you believe that and if you are a Pats fan, how can that NOT make you angry at TB12?
I mean, by "clowning BB" didn't TB12 also "totally clown" the entire Pats fan base as well as Kraft? There's no other way to see it without intellectually rationalizing the situation.
Exactly this, TB12 quit on the patriots. it was not that bill thought he was done, Brady just didnt want to do it here anymore. its not hard to see that at all.

Last edited:
No Pats fan blames him for leaving when the offer on the table was a one year deal for less money than he was making the year before. It was clear Bill did not want him anymore so he get to the message and left and won a chip with his new team. Bill was surprised because he figured Brady would sign another crap deal again and Brady said, Yeah, no thanks.

A patriots fan knows players come & Go. You still root for the team. I didn't want him returning because of his age & cap situation.
Yes. Pats are always my team that is why him leaving hurt so much. He was ours. He should have never ever put on another uniform. Especially since we had no viable replacement at all. He wasn't asking for the moon - $25 mil for 2 years. Mahomes makes $45. You can cite his age but he is still playing like a top QB and a SB MVP.

We didn't have cap space . instead of pushing more money into future. He signed Cam next to Nothing. Just played out the year. Myers being the only decent pass catching option besides RBs. Now we will see if are those moves this off season comes together. I know your praying Jones wins the starting job.
I really hope the draft picks are hits. I did like the draft a lot and that really is key to a quicker rebuild. I am hoping for Jones and also for our TEs to stay healthy and be productive. I do think we have a small chance at the playoffs if Jones does play and can play at least average and limit turnovers.

We still care about and want to follow Brady. Gronk too. This thread was for those fans but it seems to attract more of the naysayers. Although there are quite a few posters who do read the thread to keep informed but don't post.
Mazz I read this daily as all the threads here on the planet. I comment on some and others I just read... I think what urks some, but I’ll only speak for myself, is the constant dissing of BB. There’s no I in team he certainly didn’t win all those games all by his lonesome. Brady wanted out, there were no an’s, ifs, or buts about it, he gave up on the team. I appreciate everything he did with the team, but he chose to leave before 2019 season started. So I wish him and Gronk well, but, my heart remains with the Patriots win, lose, or, draw. So when you consistently bash BB you bash the Patriots IMHO ...

~Dee~

Mazz I read this daily as all the threads here on the planet. I comment on some and others I just read... I think what urks some, but I’ll only speak for myself, is the constant dissing of BB. There’s no I in team he certainly didn’t win all those games all by his lonesome. Brady wanted out, there were no an’s, ifs, or buts about it, he gave up on the team. I appreciate everything he did with the team, but he chose to leave before 2019 season started. So I wish him and Gronk well, but, my heart remains with the Patriots win, lose, or, draw. So when you consistently bash BB you bash the Patriots IMHO ...

~Dee~
I get that on one level but IMO the criticism is very much warranted. We are talking about a colossal mismanagement of the team the last 5-6 years and both GOAT players - Brady and Gronk - leaving Bill and winning elsewhere. I think that deserves intense scrutiny for even the most ardent fans. Look, I used to be the biggest Bill fangirl there was for years but it just can't be ignored what has happened and Bill is the one in charge of everything.

As I posted earlier, he has the lone distinction of being the only GM in the last 30+ years to let his HoF QB walk without having a viable QB in place. On top, he mismanaged the roster so bad that he did nothing to improve the team last year by his own admission and then blamed Covid and the Cap when the season went south. On top, he resigned the worst starting passing QB last year and also returned Hoyer along with Stidham to give us the worst QB room in the league .. again. I am sorry but how much more are we just supposed to hand wave away and say "But 6 ringz"?

Thank you you nailed it. I appreciate she was finally able to admit. All her anger against BB. Just because Brady choose to leave. She just wanted him to stay a Patriot. Cam signing & performance year was a huge salt in that wound.
Kings, I have been saying this the whole time. LOL I always coupled Brady's leaving with BB not have a successor QB then Brady winning it all elsewhere.

Not every teams as lucky as 49ers. To replace Montana with Young, favre with Rodgers. Strike gold with Mahomes replacing Smith. They never miss a beat. We only have 1 more year of Cam.
I agree it is not easy and that is the point. Bill could have extended Brady back in 17 or 18 after he traded Jimmy which would have bought us more time to find the next QB and also allowed Brady to finish as a Patriot.

Their was a succession plan by BB. It was overuled by Kraft 3 years ago.
And it was the right call by Kraft resulting in 2 SB appearances and 1 ring (should have been 2 but Bill benched Butler). The fact is Bill totally miscalculated Brady's window of playing at a starter/championship level. I mean think about this, Bill drafts Jimmy in 2014, 7 years ago and Jimmy right now is on the bubble in SF and may end up being a back up as soon as this season while Brady just got an extension and is poised to make a run at back-to-back chips for the second time in his career.

Because he arouses us, not as much as he does you guys, but he provides a little tickle. Now, you guys...whoa!!!

I get that on one level but IMO the criticism is very much warranted. We are talking about a colossal mismanagement of the team the last 5-6 years and both GOAT players - Brady and Gronk - leaving Bill and winning elsewhere. I think that deserves intense scrutiny for even the most ardent fans. Look, I used to be the biggest Bill fangirl there was for years but it just can't be ignored what has happened and Bill is the one in charge of everything.

As I posted earlier, he has the lone distinction of being the only GM in the last 30+ years to let his HoF QB walk without having a viable QB in place. On top, he mismanaged the roster so bad that he did nothing to improve the team last year by his own admission and then blamed Covid and the Cap when the season went south. On top, he resigned the worst starting passing QB last year and also returned Hoyer along with Stidham to give us the worst QB room in the league .. again. I am sorry but how much more are we just supposed to hand wave away and say "But 6 ringz"?
He did have a plan and Brady ran to Kraft.... I know that and deep down you know it as well.....

BB also knew this year that we’d have plenty of cap space. Hind sight is 20/20. Brady wanted out he left period... You can’t blame BB for Brady’s choices. You can blame Brady for those.

~Dee~

No Pats fan blames him for leaving when the offer on the table was a one year deal for less money than he was making the year before. It was clear Bill did not want him anymore so he get to the message and left and won a chip with his new team. Bill was surprised because he figured Brady would sign another crap deal again and Brady said, Yeah, no thanks.

and yet above you said TB12 clowned BB. If BB didn't want TB12 (and that is true, btw), who clowned whom?

Have you an inkling as to why BB didn't want TB12 any more?

He did have a plan and Brady ran to Kraft.... I know that and deep down you know it as well.....

BB also knew this year that we’d have plenty of cap space. Hind sight is 20/20. Brady wanted out he left period... You can’t blame BB for Brady’s choices. You can blame Brady for those.

~Dee~
His plan was asinine as it was 7 years and counting too early. As I said in the post above, it was the right call by Kraft resulting in 2 SB appearances and 1 ring (should have been 2 but Bill benched Butler). The fact is Bill totally miscalculated Brady's window of playing at a starter/championship level. I mean think about this, Bill drafts Jimmy in 2014, 7 years ago and Jimmy right now is on the bubble in SF and may end up being a back up as soon as this season while Brady just got an extension and is poised to make a run at back-to-back chips for the second time in his career.

And none of the above excuses Bill for doing NOTHING for 3 years post trading Jimmy. He got a 7th and 4th round QB in the drafts neither of which were viable as starters or back ups, leaving us with awful Newton for 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back