Tom Brady/Tampa Off-season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Giants have Brady’s number so..... go figure

~Dee~

. The succession was just a excuse. . People just couldn't accept the fact Brady left. So they kept hijacking almost all Patriots threads.
. We had 1 bad year while being in Cap hell under Cam. BB did one hell of a job addressing the weakness this off season. While drafting the future QB. While Brady went on to win another SB. He had his entire team returning. So let the BB hate go. Brady happy with his current team.
Brady did leave but he wanted an extension back in 2017, 2018. I have no idea why Bill turned him down but that is what has cost us currently.

I agree it was a good off-season on paper. We will see how it all shakes out. Trying to rebuild through FA is not the way to go but I did like our draft a lot so I am pretty optimistic. I do want to see Jones play this season even if it is only for a few games at the end.

He did sign a 3 year extension in 2019 TC . It had a clause which would void the remaining years . That’s why they had to eat 13.5 cap hit last year .
Right. They were dummy years so they could spread out the cap charge. He just did a similar contract in Tampa. It was a 4 year contract but the last 3 years are dummy years.

As Bill Cowher and Pat Kirwan discussed and agreed recently on Sirius XM, given Tompa Boy's desertion, last year's Pats opt-outs, their cap situation and schedule difficulty any coach other than BB likely would have gone 3-13 or 4-12 with that NE roster.

Last edited:
Except the 2 most important games just saying.... Brady play horrendous the defense had his number.... or Eli is way better quarterback your choice.....

~Dee~

I’m doing neither.... why do Pats fans need to talk about Tampa bay players... see how silly that sounds on a Patriots board... look your more then welcome to cheer for whom ever but I’m routing for the Pats as I’ve been for 30 plus years...

~Dee~

I agree it was a good off-season on paper. We will see how it all shakes out. Trying to rebuild through FA is not the way to go but I did like our draft a lot so I am pretty optimistic. I do want to see Jones play this season even if it is only for a few games at the end.
The 2001 Patriots wave hello.

Again the 2 biggest games he blew ya know that undefeated season he yelped about, but, couldn’t deliver so by your standards Eli is a much better quarterback.....

~Dee~

I‘m guessing your dissing me with an emojI lol 😂 Have at it. 😘😂

~Dee~

I’m doing neither.... why do Pats fans need to talk about Tampa bay players... see how silly that sounds on a Patriots board... look your more then welcome to cheer for whom ever but I’m routing for the Pats as I’ve been for 30 plus years...

~Dee~
Simple. Not Pats fans.

it’s worked out great for Tampa bay last year 😉. Brady got everything he wanted in Tampa. One final big contract , a loaded Offense , GM & Coaches lets him run the show. Most importantly a 7th SB ring, None of that would have happened . If he had Stayed.
Whose to say what would have happened if he stayed? Bill builds the team differently if Brady is here and does not take a mulligan on last year.

last year (down year)would have happened with him or without him. the 2019 pats weren't that good.

You did watch last years team. They had a dumpster fire Passing game. Myers was basically it besides RBs.
I say it again some of greatest Players in NFL history. Didn't retire with same team.
Joe Montana, Jerry Rice , Johnny untias, Bret Favre , Peyton Manning , Emmit Smith , Randy Moss & LaDainian Tomlinson all 1st ballot HOF's
What makes Brady unique is every single other great Qb that was moved on from in the last 30+ years, the team had a successor in place.
The Niners had Young, the Colts had Luck and the Packers had Rodgers. Bill had no one and scraped Newton off the scrap heap in the 11th hour. That is the part that makes no sense
Bill CHOSE to do nothing last year to improve the team because he had zippo at the Qb spot. He could have easily pushed money into future years like every team does. That is what he would have done IMO had Brady stayed.

I don't care that Brady won with the Bucs. That's good for Brady and them. I wanted him to finish with us as we would have still been a playoff team with him even if we didn't win the chip.

Whose to say what would have happened if he stayed? Bill builds the team differently if Brady is here and does not take a mulligan on last year.

2 things:
TB12 didn't want to stay. TB12 chose to leave. He said he knew he would be leaving when he signed his last contract here. Facts
There was no cap space for BB to build it differently. The loans were coming due.
last year (down year)would have happened with him or without him. the 2019 pats weren't that good.
We all saw what happened in TB12's last year here. It was his worst career year with an 88 QBR. Negative vibes marinated that entire year.
Paying cap forward can only go on so long; 2020 had to be the year of paying off the loans for a renewal to begin in 2021.
Cam was in the wrong place at the wrong time. No effective preseason, no preseason games, then COVID opt-outs, then Cam got COVID, his prior injuries crept back, historically high dead money and nowhere to turn. The 2019 Pats weren't good with TB12 at the helm. The 2020 Pats were worse and would have been worse with or without TB12. 2020 was the Pats' nadir under BB's watch. TB12 abandoned ship at just the right time for him.

Wrong Colts tanked to get Luck. Manning was out that entire season . Thank you for finally admitting the Truth. This was. All about being pissed that BRADY DIDNT REMAIN A PATRIOT. 🍻
That's the point. The colts cut Manning at seasons end because they were drafting Luck.

Of course I am upset Brady did not retire a Patriot but I am more upset as a Pats fan that Bill did not extend him AND had so succession. Just awful Cam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back